Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: New Maple Metallic  (Read 7635 times)

jcd520

Re: New Maple Metallic
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »

By the way-------------i will go with black lowers, thanks for the advice , and also ordered the 15" Ceebaileys shield yesterday. I sure hope it works as you cannot return the dark gray ones . If it doesen't work then someone here will get a good buy on it from me on this site and I'll try the windvest or clearview. I'll post when I get it  and get it installed. Gonna put the SESG air cleaner setup on it (black) ---------the emblem is "restricted " but since I own one I can buy it . Might sell the "Heavy Breather " it came stock with at some point too.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 12:39:49 AM »

I went thru about 5 different shields until i found the 16in Cee baileys. Works perfect for me and I was starting to panic.. I am 6.2 but have the Ohlin 6's on the rear which are 13in so their "scale" that told me to get a 15 was off due to the extra inch of rear suspension. No buffeting until almost 100 mph (which I have absolutely no business being there) now.
Alan

jcd520

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »

God I hope you are right! I just ordered my 15" Cee baileys  and of course used their chart. Tom, the guy I spoke to on the phone seemed to think even a 14 would work for me  but since he said he could cut it down if I wanted  I opted for the 15. Cee bailey is the only one that  won't let you return anything but clear I just went with them first. I liked the shape a little better than the Windvest which is my next choice if this doesn't work. It looks a little more like the stock one. I really love the looks of the  HD stock one it came with , but it is for looks only unless you are about 5'2" ------other than that its a real POS>
If I can get the windshield sorted out successfully then I will move on to the rest of the stuff on my list , if not , well then watch the selling section!

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 02:09:21 PM »

I highly recommend that you put the 'dog dish' (air baffle?) under your triple trees before you start shuffling windshields.
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

jcd520

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 02:18:44 PM »

I will do that --------------I do run them on all my bikes ------always have. I have read here somewhere that it helps the roadglides.
I love this bike , but the wind noise is terrible and believe me if I can't fix it I will dump this ride!
I don't have these problems on my =CVO street glide and never have on a batwing. They are an easy fix .

EzGlider117

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Maple Metallic / Vivid Black
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »

Nice bike.  I have the Maple as well.  Don't want to derail your thread, but how do you like the chrome upright/hardware for your 2up backrest?  I was thinking of going with black...

jcd520

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 09:39:52 PM »

I gladly welcome all suggestions..... you are right on track....they are at the powdercoaters as we speak.....brown backrest pad on the way...... I love the stock seat and will only use sissy bar when 2 up.

braymond52

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Atomic Orange
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »

Black lowers or Maple Metallic?-----------------Give me your opinions please.

Maple Metallic without a doubt!!

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 09:13:26 PM »

X2 for Maple Metallic
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

jcd520

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 07:59:01 PM »

I dug up an old doggie dish as some of you call it( the air baffle under the bottom triple clamp ) and installed it today and went for a ride. It did help some with the air coming up from the ignition area , but alas did not fix the buffeting problem -----------still waiting on m Ceebaileys shield to arrive .

jcd520

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 08:09:46 PM »

My Ceebaileys 15--------------Just got it ---------------Just put it on ---------------Its pouring down outside, wouldn't you know it and it hasn't rained here since last September !
I'll try it out in the morning and see if it works for me.

AL123

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 12:00:16 AM »

Nice!!....love that color :2vrolijk_21:

tjablons

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Maple
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 06:05:37 PM »

Noticed that you put the 15" Cee Bailey up for sale - what happened and what are you going to get instead?

jcd520

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 06:38:41 PM »

I really have no issues with it at all--------------beautiful craftsmanship and fit and function------------I just like the looks of the windvest better so I am going to try it .
I actually think I could have gotten by with the 14" and they even said they would cut it for me but I am going to move on. I know the Ceebailey is by far the most popular but I just want to go with the WV.

And by the way-----------I made a mistake on the price when I posted the ad so check it again for the much lower and correct buy it now price.
I think I thought I gave 270 for it when it actually was 170 plus freight so its a much better deal now.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 06:40:26 PM by jcd520 »

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2013, 09:08:50 PM »

daymaker headlights are way overblown and way over priced.if you want much better light, get hids.i got mine for about $110 shipped.they come with lifetime warranty and they are brighter than daymakers.my buddy had hids and went to daymakers,he said hids were brighter but daymakers looked better.the headlights are hids and the fog lamps are halogen.compare how much brighter the hids are to the halogen fog lamps.daymakers are $699 plus tax plus install,which is about $900 for 2 headlights,NOT.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.