Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Custom®

2023 CVO Road Glide

(1/10) > >>

FLSTFI Dave:
Last Thursday I traded my Red Pepper CVO RG for the Whiskey Neat CVO RG.  I have 685 miles on the bike so far.  The new body work looks nice, the tank has several subtle changes, its more angular.  The new fairing is nice, the glove boxes are very deep now.  Gunslinger did a good job on the paint

The new VVT motor is very nice in my opinion.  It's torque curve comes on very early and stays high until red line, its a very flat curve.  It has noticeably more power than the 117.  I think its power is closer to the 131 kit if you use all HD parts.  In my opinion, the motor is the biggest improvement.  I would say the brakes are a good improvement also.  They have more stopping power, especially the front.  The Front suspension is an improvement also.  I think the Front should be a little firmer, as it has a lot of brake dive.  This could be because the brakes are better.  The front end doers feel very good in the curves.  The rear in my opinion is a slight, very slight improvement.  It still a bit harsh or jarring on big bumps.  Its rather firm like a sports car.  Overall I really like the biker, but front suspension could be a bit firmer and the rear a bit more compliant.  The ride modes are nice, you can feel a difference in throttle response between the three, rain, tour and sport.  The modes also effect how the abs and traction control come on.

The IFCU (infotainment control unit) is very sharp and clear.  Seems to be easy to see in all lighting.  You have three layout you are able to choose from, Sport, Tour and cruise.  The Rockford Fosgate is like the previous years system, and better than its predecessor.  The IFCU is fairly easy to navigate and use.  The owners manual is not all that good.  Best bet is to sit with a beer and go though all the menus.  There are bugs in it, for example when it reads back a text it doesn't mute the stereo. 

acevtwin:
Wow! Congratulations! Any plans for the windshield?

GregKhougaz:

Congratulations, Dave! Great looking ride.

KGB:
You didn't waist anytime locking that down! Very nice

rayson56:
Beautiful bike Dave, Congrat's! How does the stock windshield work for you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version