Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: the Ultimate Windshield.  (Read 47314 times)

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
Re: the Ultimate Windshield.
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2011, 01:41:02 PM »

:worthless:

C'mon guys - let's see the results!

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

xpanther

« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »

Hope this works for you.

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2011, 03:25:03 PM »

Wow it looks GREAT!! Same bike as mine. I'm putting mine on this weekend. I have the Jurock windshield though. I don't know if I should upgrade that.

Etudeguy

Henrycm

• Full CVO Member
    • Sunny Spirits
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2011, 11:43:08 PM »

Looks great!

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2011, 12:14:25 PM »

I am wondering if this can be put on a road king? So a couple of questions:
What is the cut out size for the head light ? Will the Nacelle on the road king be too big?
Or maybe I can adapt the pieces to fit the road king??
I see the part #s for the covers etc. posted, how about the speaker box?
Finally what would make all this fruitless are these parts protected??? Thanks!!

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2011, 12:53:59 PM »

I think your Road King headlight is too big.  Yes, the parts are protected.  Not all of them, but I bet the painted parts are.  They do make a sound system to go into your windshield. Check this one out.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/dwp/gma/dwp_gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448775826&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309440550&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309440550&dwp_dealerid=108518&locale=en_US&bmUID=1321811545208&bmLocale=en_US
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

sjr

• Full CVO Member
  • The hotter the Fire.....The Stronger the Steel
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2011, 12:15:33 PM »

I guess I am a little thick-headed. I own a 2011 Convertible. Love everything about it except for the wind. I have read thru all 10 pages on this thread and I know I want to order the lower wind shields, however, I'm still not sure how they install.
I understand the need to drill the brackets to attach the rear of the shield but how do you secure the front part, the part that is up against the painted fairing?

It seems that I need 4 shields all together, two for each side...is that correct?

Also..have any of you heard of not being allowed to order parts other than what was standard equipment for your year CVO?
In other words, if you own a 2011, you can not order parts from a 2012. And you have to give your VIN number to prove what year you actually own.

That was told to me by a parts guy yesterday, when Rebecca was off.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I only have about 50 miles on my ride and I want to ride it badly but at temps in the 30's and 40's here outside of Philadelphia, it's getting cold without better wind protection

Mrs. Warlock

« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2011, 12:39:40 PM »

Call back when Rebecca is working. Get her email from her and copy and paste the list I posted previously which includes the main windshield and she will take care of you. I doubt she will but if she asks for your vin then give it to her.

The two lower shields go together as one unit when screwing them on. Two holes on each side of the quick fairing bracket.

A note for everyone.......... After you have the lower shields installed and fasteners tightened..... put some vinyl tape (black or silver duct tape) over the screw heads on the inside. This will prevent you from scratching the tree / fork covers when installiong the fairing.

Whoops, sent from my wifes account, lol.

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 conv
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2011, 12:53:15 PM »

SJR it is an easy modification.  Yes you do need 4 shields, there is a front and back for each side so 4 part numbers.  The shields do not attach to the fairing just the bracket.  As stated by others, you clamp them on the bracket to mark where to drill and you will see an even spacing, about 1/16 of an inch between the fairing and the shields. I put a piece of blue tape on the bracket and it was easy to mark the center of the holes but I did take my time to align the pieces.  Be sure to center punch your mark before drilling and start with a pilot hole.  It really is easy and you will see once you get the pieces how to do it.  Look closely at the pics at the beginning of this thread.

I also saw on some previous posts that some parts are cvo specific.  I too have a 2011 but ordered these from Rebecca and just gave her the part numbers and had no problems.  I ordered everything but the Zumo 660 since it is cold here too and I won't do much riding till the spring and there may be some updates on the Zumo by then.

sjr

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2011, 01:24:04 PM »

Thank You !!!!!

That explains alot.
Just placed the order with Rebecca, Sadly most parts are on back-order.

Oh well...something to look forward to

Thanks, guys, I love this site!

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • Invision Arcade Games
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2011, 07:32:33 PM »

Finally my 2012 Windshield upgrade parts arrived and are installed.

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • Invision Arcade Games
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »

Another picture of the 2012 upgrade.
6'0' tall and so far have not been able to fully evaluate any difference to wind shielding, but do love having a GPS :)

sjr

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2011, 05:44:12 PM »

So I was just wondering......I already placed my order with Rebecca for all the 2012 Windshield parts with the exception of the GPS unit. So, what will the windshield look like?
Will there be a cutout in it where the GPS attaches? That is going to look pretty silly.
Any information from you guys who already did the upgrade will be appreciated.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2011, 09:35:06 PM »

So I was just wondering......I already placed my order with Rebecca for all the 2012 Windshield parts with the exception of the GPS unit. So, what will the windshield look like?
Will there be a cutout in it where the GPS attaches? That is going to look pretty silly.
Any information from you guys who already did the upgrade will be appreciated.
The GPS bracket goes on the Harley Emblem mount.  If you just put the screws it, it'll be fine.  Hopefully you at least ordered the Harley Davidson emblem that goes on the front.  The slot is below where the mount is.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

cvoleo

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2011, 04:08:31 PM »

Wow it looks GREAT!! Same bike as mine. I'm putting mine on this weekend. I have the Jurock windshield though. I don't know if I should upgrade that.

Etudeguy

Do you like the Jurock?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.