Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: the Ultimate Windshield.  (Read 47314 times)

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
Re: the Ultimate Windshield.
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »

cvoleo, I have the jurock shield as well and was wondering the same thing.  Please post your results, inquiring minds need to know.

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2011, 08:19:25 PM »

Yes I do like the Jurock windshield so I really don't think that I will go with the Harley windshield. I already have the Garmin GPS mounted on my handlebars also and it is fine.

Etudeguy

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2011, 02:57:26 AM »

Sorry, my previous post should have been to the attention of etudeguy, not cvoleo...

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 conv
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2011, 01:43:54 PM »

Ok my backordered part#69200240 the cradle and wiring harness for the Zumo 660 just came in and of course I forgot to order the screws that attach it to the bracket.  Has anybody wired this up yet (I have the 2011 convertible)?  From the drawing, it looks like the cable with the power plug goes through the fairing either in or behind the compartment for the Ipod.  I noticed a grommet on the cable that would allow it to pass though the fairing so you probably have to drill a hole.  Besides the power plug on the end, there is another jack that could be an audio jack? If you have done this I am curious how it would hook up with the existing amp and speakers and Ipod.  Do you need a splitter for the existing power plug on the bike in order to power both the amp and zumo? Thanks.

xpanther

« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »

I cut a slot out of the ipod door for the gromet to fit into. Then with the windshield off i took off the back of the fairing and fed the wires through. There is a small drain hole in the bottom of the fairing back that i drilled out a little and cut the end off of the cable and fed it thru the hole. I then spliced into the wire from the amp which gave me a single connection when removing the windshield. I know it sounds complicated but it is pretty simple and it makes for a clean install.

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 conv
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2011, 04:30:54 PM »

Thanks for the quick response.  I like that idea of splicing into the amp wire for a single connection and I am sure that the Zumo would not really add much load to that circuit.  What about the other cable that I think has an audio jack on the end.  Since you have only 1 input to the existing amp, you would not be able to use both the zumo and Ipod at the same time or if you were playing tunes off the Ipod it would not be interrupted with directions from the zumo.  I guess you could always just use the built in mp3 player on the zumo and still hear both.

xpanther

« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2011, 08:33:52 PM »

I am using the mp3 recordings on the Zumo.  I like it much better because it comes on when you start the bike and goes off when you shut down.  The other thing is you don't have to charge it

Bengan

« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2012, 03:43:01 PM »

Hello
 I am from sweden and going to order the windshield kit from a dealer ner me but he can not find anything aboat the emblem on the window  (GPS) he said that it can not be original parts of H-D so my wondering can anyone help me where to by this Harley-Davidsson emblem
or even better can you help me whith the ordering number and from who.

n2mycvo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »

I just ordered and received the GPS mount. I can provide you with the part numbers and cost. I will contact you with the info after work.

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2012, 12:02:26 AM »

If you download the pdf I created here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=65707.30
It will provide you with the part number you need. Page 3 - item 12 - - page 4 part# 76000194
Bob

Hello
 I am from sweden and going to order the windshield kit from a dealer ner me but he can not find anything aboat the emblem on the window  (GPS) he said that it can not be original parts of H-D so my wondering can anyone help me where to by this Harley-Davidsson emblem
or even better can you help me whith the ordering number and from who.

Bengan

« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »

Hello
Many thanks for the  response no i can order it from my dealer.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2012, 01:38:57 PM »

Ok, now that a number of people have changed windshields and added the stock one from the 2012, has the problem with the red band illumination from the lit speedometer been a distraction at night??  This was the case when the fat boy windshield was added.  Anybody??    Pork.

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • Invision Arcade Games
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »

No problems or issues noted with my upgrade, very satisfied and glad I did it.

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2012, 11:34:54 AM »

Has anyone added the Zumo RT 665 to the 2011 with the 2012 windshield mount? I'm looking at how to wire it in as well as add the antenna, and still be able to remove the fairing easily.
Bob

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2012, 07:32:43 PM »

If any of you 2011 owners are interested in selling the OEM windshield, send me a PM.

Thanks, WD
Portage, MI
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 21 queries.