Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extended Warranty deadline tomorrow...  (Read 1078 times)

PIBIT

Extended Warranty deadline tomorrow...
« on: March 30, 2010, 06:13:26 PM »

Hi folks...my deadline is tomorrow to take out the extended warranty...for an additional 3 years plus wheel service it will be about $2100.00 CDN...my question is whether I will void this warranty if I do not follow the prescribed service schedule over the next 3 years or have my bike serviced by a  non HD dealer etc...I can't imagine continuing for the next 3 years spending what I have been spending at my local dealer when I know I can get it serviced elsewhere for less.
And I assume the extended warranty makes sense given the # of heated grips I have been through and the recalls etc, but if there are other thoughts on this please advise...
Thanks,
PIBIT  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
"You can only go halfway into the darkest forest before you are coming out the other side, unless of course, you have been walking in circles"

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Extended Warranty deadline tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 06:30:19 PM »

Hello PIBIT.  There are several threads on this subject if you want to do a search.  Couple points - it is not an extended warranty but an extended service contract so it may not cover everything that the factory warranty does.  With that being said I always take them on my H-Ds even though I've never bought one on anything else.  Like you said, so much to go wrong that can be expensive.  As far as service is concerned it has been beaten to death that the moco cannot require you to have the dealer perform services.  It can only insist that you do so using products that meet their specs.  So servicing it by an indy or even yourself is no big deal.  Just be sure to keep records showing that the services were performed.  I do all my own services and have never had any problem with the extended service contract and I've used them several times on different bikes.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:35:08 AM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

PIBIT

Re: Extended Warranty deadline tomorrow...
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 06:42:04 PM »

Thanks, appreciate the response, and yup, should have done a search first. It's going to hurt in the short term but I have decided that I am not going to be trading in anytime soon, so it seems like the wise thing to do.
Again, thanks for the info!
PIBIT  :cool26: :cool26:
"You can only go halfway into the darkest forest before you are coming out the other side, unless of course, you have been walking in circles"

Page created in 0.363 seconds with 25 queries.