Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Fuel Gauge Accuracy  (Read 9688 times)

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
Re: Fuel Gauge Accuracy
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2004, 10:11:17 AM »

And this from a "Granny" bike.....

Freakin' crotch rocket in touring bike clothing.

mfgreen

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2004, 10:21:54 AM »

At freeway speed my speedo is about 4-5mph slower than my GPS street pilot.  Have had it to 136mph  [smiley=shocked2.gif] on the GPS and had not hit the rev limiter yet.  But gas mileage at those speeds is not good 135 miles on a tank.

It sounds like a lament that you can't ride more than an hour at a time....understandable.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2004, 04:45:12 PM »

OK-OK I'm sold, should I start a new thread or do you wanna discuss GPS's here? What brand are you using? how much did id cost?  
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2004, 08:39:59 AM »

Will start a gps thread we are a little off on this thread.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2004, 08:46:09 AM »

MFG if I ride it like a normal person or in a group I get 45-48mpg but when you push the bike it gussels fuel and so you can't get far thus 125-135 miles on a tank of fuel.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

mfgreen

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2004, 09:09:51 AM »

Mr Magoo,
The best thing about these CVO's is the ability to run just a little bit stronger than the norm on a bike that has a rather unique paint job with just a little more and different chrome.

I was making two points.

Given the fact that the CVOs address style, with chrome and paint, as well as image, through increased power; the issue of handling and mileage is up to the rider.  Throughout many different threads we have looked at handling from many issues.  Tires, suspension, and seat comfort are some of them. Given the fact that the MoCo has not addressed the issues of comfort, handling and mileage, I was saying that an hours worth of extreme excitement in dealing with riding at this pace on this bike is about the limit of excitement that a rider would want at one stretch, then a break might be in order while refueling.

Mike  

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2004, 10:01:57 AM »

Mr Magoo,
The best thing about these CVO's is the ability to run just a little bit stronger than the norm on a bike that has a rather unique paint job with just a little more and different chrome.

I was making two points.

Given the fact that the CVOs address style, with chrome and paint, as well as image, through increased power; the issue of handling and mileage is up to the rider.  Throughout many different threads we have looked at handling from many issues.  Tires, suspension, and seat comfort are some of them. Given the fact that the MoCo has not addressed the issues of comfort, handling and mileage, I was saying that an hours worth of extreme excitement in dealing with riding at this pace on this bike is about the limit of excitement that a rider would want at one stretch, then a break might be in order while refueling.

Mike  

HUH?

mfgreen

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2004, 11:41:21 AM »

HUH?

what did not make sense, ofender?

The thread took a turn toward speeds running and mileage.

I commented that because of handling and mileage not being addressed by the MoCo and left up to the owner.  

In prior posts within this thread, there was a discussion about the innacuracy of the guages; seems to run consistant in what the MoCo is delivering as its best bike.  From my experience, I thought that running a CVO for longer than one hour (a tankful) at a time just might be unnerving with considerations of operator fatigue.  

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2004, 09:12:33 PM »

I've already rode a full tank down to almost nothing(2.5 hours), about 155 miles without stopping.  I do this almost every Sunday during the summer.  I have no idea what you're talking about Mike.  These are TOURING bikes.  That's why they come with cruise control.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2004, 06:40:58 AM »

MFG to use a cliche, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I believe that they have addressed these issues, it just depends on the individual on wheather or not they fit your personal riding needs. For example many have changed the seat on these scooters wanting more comfort, I find the seat quite comfortable. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

mfgreen

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2004, 08:24:33 AM »

I've already rode a full tank down to almost nothing(2.5 hours), about 155 miles without stopping.  I do this almost every Sunday during the summer.  I have no idea what you're talking about Mike.  These are TOURING bikes.  That's why they come with cruise control.

You are correct, Brad.  The reason that you have no idea is because you did not ride your bike at 130mph plus for the hour.  There is a huge difference in the speed that you are talking about. Lets see, 5 gallons in two and a half hours.  155miles divided by 2 1/2 hours puts you at 62mph getting 31mpg. Now more than double that speed for one hour and check your shorts to see how comfortably you are while high speed touring. You have not convinced me that you are making a valid point in this dialogue. You have convinced me that you enjoy a leisurely pace.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2004, 08:45:57 AM »

I and some of the people that i ride with like to ride fast it will probably be my down fall.  But in groups or with the little woman I ride much different.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

mfgreen

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2004, 08:46:52 AM »

MFG to use a cliche, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I believe that they have addressed these issues, it just depends on the individual on wheather or not they fit your personal riding needs. For example many have changed the seat on these scooters wanting more comfort, I find the seat quite comfortable. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Several points, ofender.
You are correct, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
The issue of comfort and handling are not dealing with the superfluous padding differences on the seat.  The comfort and handling deal with a suspension that does not wobble at speed (see tank slapper lawsuits) and is not sluggish at low speeds, does not need a shock absorber change-out and does not need a product added to the rear suspension to accomodate the feeble engineering attempt made by the engineering department that is being strangled by the accounting department and undermined by the assembly operation.  CVO falls short.  As Marg said in her recent post in another thread, "We are set up with bikes from a manuf. line with automation and quick weld jobs... not detailed custom work - factory custom work... Custom most likely because it's "customizing a few from a basic line of bikes"."

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2004, 09:44:19 AM »

Sorry, but I gotta say something.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 09:54:04 AM by 103tHunDer »

mfgreen

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2004, 10:25:42 AM »

Sorry, but I gotta say something.  I started this thread to give a heads-up about the accuracy of the fuel gauge not to start talking about what an overwhelming POS Mike thinks CVO bikes are.  Mike, if you want to complain about how crappy you think these bikes are with regard to the suspension/seat/welds feel free - there are already threads going for that.  Hell, you even started 3/4 of page full of polls on the suspension yourself.

But notice I said "how crappy you think these bikes are."  Many of us like ofender, Magoo, Goose and me have put serious miles on these bikes without complaint about comfort.  Maybe you need to actually spend some seat time in a Sreamin' Eagle Electra Glide before you make yourself look ridiculous with these public comments.

The criticism that comes forth about these bikes has nothing to do with that, Brian.
The factory is promising one thing through their Custom Vehicle Operation and delivering less than paid for.
The idea of a king of the hill motorcycle should be executed better than what is being offered.
The criticism of the bikes only stems from the myriad of problems that the MoCo is capable of rectifying at a manufacturing, engineering and quality control level and has not yet done so.  The difficulty of getting problems rectified at a level higher than the dealer is frustrating.
H-D has come a long way in their engines and the fit and reliability of those components and should be commended.
Mike
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 11:23:59 AM by mfgreen »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.