Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stebel AIr Horn Clone  (Read 2628 times)

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
Stebel AIr Horn Clone
« on: February 19, 2007, 06:37:55 PM »

Yo Guys and Gals, 
     I purchased one of the pro pad Mini Beast Air horns awhile back.  Sure looks like the Stebel or is made from the Stebel with an added cover.  I was in a local Harbor Freight store and noticed a very similar looking air horn for $49 and have seen it on sale for $35.  I paid $129 for my Mini Beast.  Here is a link, may be just the ticket for those of you that wish to relocate the horn or use the stock HD horn cover. 

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94117

:orange:
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Stebel AIr Horn Clone
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 10:28:24 PM »

Here's the "original" Stebel for $35.00.  That price range ended up being pretty common for them when I got mine.  Better yet, the damn thing still works too!

http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29&products_id=74

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »

i put one of the Stebels on my wifes Escalade and wired it to work with the OE Horn. Sound is very nice. Loud and toned. Cheap deal for the volume.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 07:00:38 PM »

Yo Guys and Gals, 
     I purchased one of the pro pad Mini Beast Air horns awhile back.  Sure looks like the Stebel or is made from the Stebel with an added cover.  I was in a local Harbor Freight store and noticed a very similar looking air horn for $49 and have seen it on sale for $35.  I paid $129 for my Mini Beast.  Here is a link, may be just the ticket for those of you that wish to relocate the horn or use the stock HD horn cove.
That couldnt possibly be small enough to fit under the cowbell?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 09:04:20 PM »

That couldnt possibly be small enough to fit under the cowbell?

You have to cannibalize it.  Mount the bellows inside the cowbell (I used marine epoxy).  The compressor in the hole in front of the battery.  Relay in the dead space beside the battery.  It's actually a surprisingly simple installation if you don't mind taking a Dremel to a brand new horn.

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »

You have to cannibalize it.  Mount the bellows inside the cowbell (I used marine epoxy).  The compressor in the hole in front of the battery.  Relay in the dead space beside the battery.  It's actually a surprisingly simple installation if you don't mind taking a Dremel to a brand new horn.

CVOwner,

Ditto on Twolanerider response, the pics. and install instructions are somewhere in this vast space called the www.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 11:26:26 PM »

CVOwner,

Ditto on Twolanerider response, the pics. and install instructions are somewhere in this vast space called the www.  Let's Roll

Here it is on the old site Gabe:  http://old.flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149746749

Lots of new things nice with the new software but a loss was the ability to save "favorite" threads.  The site is so large that the search tool isn't always a great help anymore.  Probably could have found it eventually with search.  But it was still a saved thread on the old site.  So here it is.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.