Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Such A Deal  (Read 2561 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Such A Deal
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 03:52:13 PM »

Look at the item description down in the auction.  "Harley FLHCSE Screamin Eagle Electra Glide HOT!"  And "HOT" it is, I'll bet too!  I see similar scams on ebay all the time...makes me wonder just how many there are stupid enough to fall for it.  Must be some because these fools keep on with these types or listings....sad, really.

Just looked at the auction.  It's a scam.  A year to 18 months ago there was a ton of scams using that particular format.  Auctions that required "permission" to bid.  Many were saying that the bike was overseas.  However the tease played out though the goal was always to steal the deposit.

Several users that pointed the beginnings of the scam to eBay were used to look for and monitor the actions as they continued.  A ring was eventually caught and prosecutions began.  Someone likely involved in the old scam but never caught or who just happened to see it and thought it worthwhile to give it a shot is playing the con again now.

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 09:09:50 PM »

Definitely an azzhole running a scam.  Probably does this scam when he's not asking you to give your bank acct #'s for a free deposit from the King of Nigeria or the Prince of the Netherlands.....email re-route is classic.

elvis
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 07:02:27 AM by elvisdoc »

thatrhinoguy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Fly Fast, Live Slow

• CVO1: '11 RUSE Reo Red / Black Ember
    • CVO2: '09 CUSE Ruby / Typhoon (Sold)
    • CVO3: '05 SEEG Two Tone Candy Cherry (Sold)
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 07:26:42 AM »

This in rich ! Got this email from him:

Thank you for your recent request to bid on my item!
The item is a Harley-Davidson Touring in  perfect conditions without any mechanical problems. The price for the item is US $10,000.00. As a shipping career I will use DAS, all the shipping/handling and insurance charges are included in the sale price. You will get the package with all the papers, clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well. If you have any questions at all, please let me know and I will be more than willing to help you out! If you  would like to go ahead  with an order right away contact  me via e-mail and i will let you know more about the transaction.
Thank you.

He probably wants a money order sent to a P.O. Box in the Cayman Islands.

Don't think so Tim.
'04 SSR   Ultra Violet
'02 Chevy Duramax Crew Dually

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 07:42:39 AM »

It has now been removed by E-bay!

Another scam bites the dust!

[smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 07:52:03 AM »

It has now been removed by E-bay!

Another scam bites the dust!

[smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]

Dang, Chip........can't you find us a 'huckleberry' smilie, preferably one that has a 'attitude' or at least dances!   Har!   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 08:12:22 AM »

Hey Chip, you gonna 'egg' tater for your 1,000th post?????   Har!  spyder [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

thatrhinoguy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Fly Fast, Live Slow

• CVO1: '11 RUSE Reo Red / Black Ember
    • CVO2: '09 CUSE Ruby / Typhoon (Sold)
    • CVO3: '05 SEEG Two Tone Candy Cherry (Sold)
'04 SSR   Ultra Violet
'02 Chevy Duramax Crew Dually

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 01:16:57 PM »

He's Back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=49996&item=4559313516&rd=1

So (maybe) someone hacked his original listing and used that as the platform for a scam.  It's happened there before.......

What I love now though is a line he's got in the listing that reads something like "this is how much I've got invested in it so I'll sell it to you for that!!"

But he's not added much to the bike.  And it's still two years old.  Which means (if what he writes is true) that he paid way too much for it to begin with.  But he'll do everyone a favor and only pass on his mistakes at their own cost without making a profit from them at our expense  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Gotta love it.......
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 22 queries.