Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: McEwen Oil Temp Guage  (Read 1121 times)

1 HD HEMI

• Love to soar like a SCREAMIN EAGLE!
McEwen Oil Temp Guage
« on: June 30, 2005, 11:13:54 PM »

Does anyone know were I can get one of these for the 05'SEEG? [smiley=grin2.gif]
Thanks
1 HD HEMI
B C Gerolomy Heads
Daytona Twin Tec throttle body & WEGO Kit
Flat top cast pistons
Woods TW8G Cams
Roller Rockers
Pro clutch
RC Cycles crankshaft girdle
Bassani true dual power curve exhaust

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: McEwen Oil Temp Guage
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 01:07:37 AM »

ironworker, check this thread out: McEwan Oil Temp Gauge  It was started long ago before the gauges even became available.  I believe contact information is within.

Keep in mind before ordering that H-D is coming out with it's own oil temp gauge soon.  I believe the part number has already been issued according to a post phattey made a few weeks ago, but the part is not available just yet.  Should be soon, though.  I understand an advantage to the H-D unit will be that it measures temp from moving oil and therefore may be more accurate than the McEwan unit.  Also, the gauge face and needle will be a perfect match where we have seen that Roger's is off a bit.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 01:07:54 AM by 103tHunDer »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 01:17:57 AM »

Keep in mind before ordering that H-D is coming out with it's own oil temp gauge soon.  I believe the part number has already been issued according to a post phattey made a few weeks ago, but the part is not available just yet.  Should be soon, though.  I understand an advantage to the H-D unit will be that it measures temp from moving oil and therefore may be more accurate than the McEwan unit.  Also, the gauge face and needle will be a perfect match where we have seen that Roger's is off a bit.

I'm really dreading that new gauge being released the end of next month from Harley.  That elbow fitting is going to be a first class b*tch to install I'm afraid.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 01:21:36 AM »

103tHunDer........any 'guess-ta-met' on how long before the HD oil temp. guage you and Phattey are referring to is available????  I'm a-wonting one of those babies!  Har!   spyder   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 01:23:36 AM »

103tHunDer........any 'guess-ta-met' on how long before the HD oil temp. guage you and Phattey are referring to is available????  I'm a-wonting one of those babies!  Har!   spyder   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Spyder it'll likely be the end of next month.  New parts get introduced from the dealer meeting as well as bikes.  So that's our likely time target.  Will probably be several doo dads announced/released all at the same time.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 01:31:25 AM »

good deal, that's not all that long away, even for a 'old dude' like myself!   Har!   [smiley=beatnik2.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 24 queries.