Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Anyone here trading for a SE Ultra?  (Read 5998 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Anyone here trading for a SE Ultra?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2005, 12:23:13 PM »

Yea, like the 160 watt amplifier would be really nice.

But when the hell are they going to have ABS brakes and a six disc stackable in dash stereo?

With the ability to play MP3 discs I'd get less concerned about the multi disc capability JC.  Lots of mechanism to be bouncing around in there on a bike and an MP3 disc can last for hours and hours and hours anyway.  Even without a mult-disk capability though I'd sure like to have that new radio and some of it's accessories.  From what can be read so far it looks nice.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2005, 12:51:22 PM »

I'm getting an 06 SE Ultra.  But I've just about made up my mind to keep my 04 SEEG and sell the 03 Ultra.  Anybody interested in a Black/Silver 03 Ultra?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2005, 01:41:10 PM »

I just spoke with my contact down at the dealer show. I ordered the new radio with all the options. I'm not worried about compatibility, I will make this thing work on the SEEG one way or another. It's pricy but probably worth it to save on aggravation. Hopefully have it working before I leave on my trip in September.
Darrell

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2005, 02:52:01 PM »

Well there your answer,  if it can be done Darrell will find a way.  [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2005, 03:52:25 PM »

Well there your answer,  if it can be done Darrell will find a way.  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Yep, you can bet on him and take it to the bank.  As far as trickin out bikes go, I think he's leader of this pack.  He may even have Gary A from Stockton beat although Gary is on the cutting edge also (he just doesn't post all his alterations here, anymore).  Too bad for us cause like Darrell, he's got some really trick stuff done to his bikes, too.  Lot of similaraties.......and they both have a garage full of bikes, too.  Man, life just ain't fair! [smiley=nervous.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2005, 05:22:11 PM »

Not me... I like my yellow glide just fine...  [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2005, 05:37:33 PM »

I just spoke with my contact down at the dealer show. I ordered the new radio with all the options. I'm not worried about compatibility, I will make this thing work on the SEEG one way or another. It's pricy but probably worth it to save on aggravation. Hopefully have it working before I leave on my trip in September.

Darrel I'll drop you a PM as well in case this gets missed in the traffic of the threads.  I was going to wait a couple of months and see if Harley offered an adaptor harness of some kind before looking at building something myself.  However.......

If you're going to look at it immediately and the job does turn out to be something that can be accomplished with an adaptor harness to go from the stock connector to the new radio then consider making a second one while the first one is still fresh in your hands.  Will gladly pay a fair price for the effort.  Who knows, several might want duplicates if it's something that's not to difficult to reproduce.

Good luck,
Don

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2005, 05:38:12 PM »

From the man that brought you custom lockable glove boxes to syncronized LED blinking tail lights, somehow I was betting that Darrell would lead the charge on the radio retrofit.  Darrell, your contributions on this site have been nothing less than spectacular.  Thanks...  PJ
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 05:39:50 PM by pj57 »

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2005, 06:23:45 PM »

Just curious, now that the news is out, to see who's interested in stepping up to an SE Ultra from their SEEG. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

P.S. I didn't make up the [bgcolor=Yellow]"SEUCEG"[/bgcolor] moniker, that's what H-D calls it (Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide). [smiley=nervous.gif]

EEEwwww!!

Sorry  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] but I gotta say, after seeing the pictures, I think the MoCo named this one appropriately, but I woudn't go for a SUCK EGG!  [smiley=nervous.gif]

These things will undoubtably push the value of our SEEGs up! [smiley=beerchug.gif]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 06:29:43 PM by WeCVO »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2005, 10:30:55 PM »

I think I'll pass on the '06.  If you just consider appearance, the SEEG is a much better looking bike.  In my humble opinion, the paint scheme and the tour-pak on the Ultra are butt ugly.  On the functional side, I don't see anything listed for the Ultra that I want or need.  I was hoping for functional improvements to things like the brakes and the suspension, and maybe the transmission.  Lacking those, there is no compelling reason for me to switch.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2005, 10:38:01 PM »

I think I'll pass on the '06.  If you just consider appearance, the SEEG is a much better looking bike.  In my humble opinion, the paint scheme and the tour-pak on the Ultra are butt ugly.  On the functional side, I don't see anything listed for the Ultra that I want or need.  I was hoping for functional improvements to things like the brakes and the suspension, and maybe the transmission.  Lacking those, there is no compelling reason for me to switch.

Jerry

I second that!  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2005, 07:19:42 AM »

I second that!  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]

I'll take a third!  Sure hate the idea of a 35K HD getting confused with a Gold Wing in the parking lot.  IMP HD took a giant step backwards.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2005, 07:26:31 AM »

I'm hoping EVERYONE will buy an 06 Ultra.
Then maybe the market will be flooded with 04 and 05 SEEG's.
And I will get another one.
Maybe even at a bargain!

[smiley=laugh.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2005, 08:19:06 AM »

I'm hoping EVERYONE will buy an 06 Ultra.
Then maybe the market will be flooded with 04 and 05 SEEG's.
And I will get another one.
Maybe even at a bargain!

[smiley=laugh.gif]

I suspect the 4's and 5's are going to be reselling at a premium after looking at the Ultra.  I think HD may have a quiet "home run" with the Street Glide, however, for the folks who would like to take a crack at putting together a personalized scooter based upon the SEEG's.  I played around with the numbers last night based upon starting with the Street Glide at dealer cost and building a Screamin Eagle package, complete with suspension, go-faster 103 and one off custom paint.  Should be able to bring the project in at about 28.5K as opposed to the 35K "out the door" numbers for the 06' Ultra which, of course, do include the next 5K required to get it to ride and perform right.  Think I just talked myself into another project bike.....  

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2005, 09:01:51 AM »

BLM, those 'figures' on the project bike only apply to someone like you who has the option of 'dealer-cost' on the new bike.........were you applying that 'dealer-cost' to the initial cost of the SEUCEG also?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]    spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.