Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Anyone here trading for a SE Ultra?  (Read 6022 times)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: Anyone here trading for a SE Ultra?
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2005, 12:32:47 PM »

BLM, those 'figures' on the project bike only apply to someone like you who has the option of 'dealer-cost' on the new bike.........were you applying that 'dealer-cost' to the initial cost of the SEUCEG also?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]    spyder

Yup, I came up with the 35K basically figuring the items you need to do to get it to ride and run before you crank it up the first time such as shocks, fork springs, Rineharts, Stage 1, RT and dyno.  The numbers on the "project bike" will also be low if you figure in full labor on the engine and mods.  My number is with about 80% of the labor done myself with the additional work traded out or calling in a few favors.  It's just about a pure cost number in putting it together, but I've been figuring for quite some time how to come up with a one off "runner" without cannabalizing a SEEG.  They're just bringing a ton of money used and can't justify pissin' it away by trying to fix something that ain't broke. [smiley=laugh.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2005, 12:37:26 PM »

The radio is SWEET!  I'll have a hard time believing they won't eventually make a retrofit kit.  Still, even if they do, $1,000 for the radio is pretty steep. [smiley=shocked2.gif]

I think the same will be true of the radio as it is with many of the other subcontracted HD parts.  Word will be out very soon (as soon as the first warranty claim) as to the manufacturer of the radio.  You can bet that there will be a similar item on the market from the same maker or a means to "factory direct" a copy of this unit less HD the logo.  Just a thought.  

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2005, 12:49:51 PM »

BLM, the radio's manufacturer is Harman Kardon.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2005, 12:53:44 PM »

Word will be out very soon (as soon as the first warranty claim) as to the manufacturer of the radio.  

This time around the product is actually being pushed (marketed) because of the OE manufacturer.  One of the rare times when HD isn't trying to take credit (or at least leave the perception of credit) for everything on it's own.  The whole package is being touted as a partnership.   It's the"HD Advanced Audio System from Harmon/Kardon," or something like that.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2005, 12:55:59 PM »

Wow, look at the poll numbers.  47 to 4 as this post is written.  So even with the issues some of had there must be some pretty significant satisfaction and pride of ownership in the old SEEGs?

(Or a lot of people just see nothing markedly better in the SuckEggs?)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2005, 03:38:52 PM »

BLM, the radio's manufacturer is Harman Kardon.

I like the radio and am not sure if that is the same one as in the King Ranch Edition Ford Pickups for '06 with a different faceplate.  Size and features are the same.  I'll make a couple of calls and post if it is, as those can be purchased wholesale from several sources.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2005, 03:51:01 PM »

Wow, look at the poll numbers.  47 to 4 as this post is written.  So even with the issues some of had there must be some pretty significant satisfaction and pride of ownership in the old SEEGs?

Me thinks it's the 1 good and 2 bad colors along with the Gold Wing tour pac and price tag...

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2005, 04:32:19 PM »

I know I'm still in love [smiley=sweetheart.gif] and I write this as my bike's in the shop for peeling chrome floorboards and transmission top cover, poor cruise control operation, weaving front-end and clunking rear-end.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2005, 05:06:12 PM »

103tHunDer........what happened to your cruise control?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  1st I've heard of problems out of that component.  I have gotten so used to mine, I can't stand the thought of doing w/o it now.  Har!   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2005, 05:41:47 PM »

Just curious, now that the news is out, to see who's interested in stepping up to an SE Ultra from their SEEG. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

P.S. I didn't make up the "SEUCEG" moniker, that's what H-D calls it (Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide). [smiley=nervous.gif]

No way would I trade the SEEG for the new CVO Ultra. I don't want to say anything negative and criticize those that are getting one so I will keep my comments to myself. Let's just say that I am not impressed.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2005, 05:50:34 PM »

103tHunDer........what happened to your cruise control?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  1st I've heard of problems out of that component.  I have gotten so used to mine, I can't stand the thought of doing w/o it now.  Har!   spyder

I never used a cruise control until this bike, but I'm with you Spyder...I love it.  Guess I'm still a little afraid of its getting a mind of its own in town, so I kill it at the master switch when in traffic.  Only problem on the road is that I tend to take even more naps than I used to. [smiley=bigok.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2005, 07:27:37 PM »

Spyder, it loses about 2 - 3 mph before engaging.  I think there is some adjustment to take slack out of the cable which will solve the problem.  If not, a new cruise module should be just the ticket.  Just trying to get all the issues worked out before the warranty is up in a couple months.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2005, 08:04:25 PM »

How does the 'extended warrenty' work for something like that?  Is it only for the larger problems?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2005, 08:13:40 PM »

How does the 'extended warrenty' work for something like that?  Is it only for the larger problems?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   spyder

No, I think it would be covered, but with a deductible.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2005, 08:35:54 PM »

No way would I trade the SEEG for the new CVO Ultra. I don't want to say anything negative and criticize those that are getting one so I will keep my comments to myself. Let's just say that I am not impressed.

OK, I guess I have been a little critical, but with the SEEG/SEEG2 as yardsticks, it's hard to be humble.  As we pointed out in another thread, we were bad-mouthing the SEEG2 to some extent a year ago when it came out, but we love 'em now, don't we?  These comments about the SEUCEG will be around to read a year or two from now as well, so it will be interesting to see how our impressions change again as time goes on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 25 queries.