Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: How many miles on your SEEG?  (Read 43540 times)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: How many miles on your SEEG?
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2014, 04:57:48 AM »

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
It's ok Spyder I still have mine! ;):pumpkin:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2014, 09:23:15 PM »

Outstanding!  Is the rest 'stock' also?

99.5% stock.  Only added a few chrome bits (windshield trim, highway pegs and head/passing lamp rings). Mechanically 100% stock.
West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2014, 08:19:45 AM »

99.5% stock.  Only added a few chrome bits (windshield trim, highway pegs and head/passing lamp rings). Mechanically 100% stock.
No doubt you got one of the 'good ones' and took care of it & rode it correctly to put that many miles on the stock configuration.  Just proves that they could be capable of doing that.....may have set the record.  Congrats and ride on.  :2vrolijk_21:.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2014, 12:12:45 PM »

"Only 60k on the stock (preventative tensioners, Glide Pro Bushings, OE shocks replaced at around 47k) '05.

My favorite bike of all time! :cherry:

'Much better bike (stock vs stock) than the '09...

SEEGs Rule :cherry: 
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2014, 01:46:09 PM »

OE shocks replaced at around 47k) '05.

SEEGs Rule :cherry:

47K on the original shocks  :nixweiss:

I was ready to sell the bike after the first 3-400 miles I hated the ride so much.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »

Around 28K...

Did you get a SEEG Ken? 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »

47K on the original shocks  :nixweiss:

I was ready to sell the bike after the first 3-400 miles I hated the ride so much.

'Always liked the ride/handling of the '05 SEEG, while not as plush as some of the other baggers that I have ridden, I prefer the firmer ride that always stays planted and never wobbles in any conditions, (for me/us)
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2014, 04:48:43 PM »

'Always liked the ride/handling of the '05 SEEG, while not as plush as some of the other baggers that I have ridden, I prefer the firmer ride that always stays planted and never wobbles in any conditions, (for me/us)

I like the bike, but pretty much for none of your reasons  :drink:

'Always liked the ride/handling of the '05 SEEG  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
the firmer ride :thumbsdown:
that always stays planted :thumbsdown:
never wobbles in any conditions :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

MV 2013

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2014, 05:07:39 PM »

I like the bike, but pretty much for none of your reasons  :drink:

'Always liked the ride/handling of the '05 SEEG  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
the firmer ride :thumbsdown:
that always stays planted :thumbsdown:
never wobbles in any conditions :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

You left out the "(for me/us)" LOL!

Ok. I'll bite, why do you like the '05 SEEG? :drink:

What have you done to yours' to address the "shortcomings" that I like?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2014, 05:39:54 PM »

You left out the "(for me/us)" LOL!

First ride with my wife, and the first bump, it was almost a never again "us"

Ok. I'll bite, why do you like the '05 SEEG? :drink:

I like it for a lot of reasons, far from ideal though. And it is all mine and has been since day one. Besides being a limited SEEG, it is Red.

What have you done to yours' to address the "shortcomings" that I like?

On the 4th iteration of rear suspension.
Went from the stock air shocks to Progressive 440's. They were ok but  I didn't care for the stop bump that you get with those. But, those shocks alone are what kept me from selling a 1 month old bike.

Trying something different and trying to improve the ride I then went to Bitubo's in the rear the the hype of the traxxion fronts.

Both are good, but I think both are over priced for what they are. The Traxxion's did eliminate the sharp bump going into my driveway which was a nice benefit.
Got tired of the multitude of adjustments the Bitubo's required when changing ride, eg. 1 up no tourpak to 2 up tourpak and packed for travel.

So I installed the Arnott air shocks. They were OK, but they just didn't cut it for my weight. They seem best for riders that are 225 plus.

I am back to the Bitubo's now. Probably would have put the Progressives back on, but they are holding the rear of a Red SEEG on the Outer Banks.

Also have tried two different frame stiffeners (the gadget that bolts to the lower frame and ties the engine in). Don't think they really work either.

And I have tried a seat or two................

MV 2013

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2014, 06:14:56 PM »

I like it for a lot of reasons, far from ideal though. And it is all mine and has been since day one. Besides being a limited SEEG, it is Red.

Went from the stock air shocks to Progressive 440's. They were ok but  I didn't care for the stop bump that you get with those. But, those shocks alone are what kept me from selling a 1 month old bike.

Trying something different and trying to improve the ride I then went to Bitubo's in the rear the the hype of the traxxion fronts.

Both are good, but I think both are over priced for what they are. The Traxxion's did eliminate the sharp bump going into my driveway which was a nice benefit.
Got tired of the multitude of adjustments the Bitubo's required when changing ride, eg. 1 up no tourpak to 2 up tourpak and packed for travel.

So I installed the Arnott air shocks. They were OK, but they just didn't cut it for my weight. They seem best for riders that are 225 plus.

I am back to the Bitubo's now. Probably would have put the Progressives back on, but they are holding the rear of a Red SEEG on the Outer Banks.

Also have tried two different frame stiffeners (the gadget that bolts to the lower frame and ties the engine in). Don't think they really work either.

Probably would have been easier/less-costly to have gained the weight and kept the air shocks.  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »

Probably would have been easier/less-costly to have gained the weight and kept the air shocks.  har.  spyder

Don't know about that Spy, I wore a 28 for jeans when I graduated high school and a 32 today. 33 if I want to tuck in a shirt
And that is with a job that is almost guaranteed to have you gain weight

MV 2013

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2014, 06:31:59 PM »

Our first rides together were on the '01 SwitchBlade at 120+, so I guess that the '05 was a little more comfortable for her :nixweiss:

I like it for a lot of reasons, far from ideal though. And it is all mine and has been since day one. Besides being a limited SEEG, it is Red. :cherry:

Both are good, but I think both are over priced for what they are.

Thanks for the honest feedback on the Traxxion/Bitubo's, 'Was considering them on the '09 SERG, but 'am very happy with the H-D Premium stuff.
The Traxxion's did eliminate the sharp bump going into my driveway which was a nice benefit.

'Rode my Bud's '06 CUSE without / with one of the "stiffeners" 'wasn't really impressed either time. 'Was really impressed with the GlidePros on both the '05 & '09, along with improved handling, the GlidePros made both bikes much smoother in the seat, bars and fairing.

We both like the stock seat on the '05, the Corbin DualTour on the '09

'Always thought Harleys are like people; same year, same model, same color, different personalities...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:40:25 PM by FlaHeatWave »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »

Don't know about that Spy, I wore a 28 for jeans when I graduated high school and a 32 today. 33 if I want to tuck in a shirt
And that is with a job that is almost guaranteed to have you gain weight
Ain't that the truth... started working at FD w/a 38" waist... got all the way up to 46" now back to 40". Good cooks and plenty of food at FD will put weight on you real quick if you aren't careful.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2014, 08:53:40 AM »

'Always thought Harleys are like people; same year, same model, same color, different personalities...

Yes they are.

Our first rides together were on the '01 SwitchBlade at 120+, so I guess that the '05 was a little more comfortable for her  :nixweiss:

Our first ride was on a 74 Sportster  :o But that was back in the late 70's, and we were a bit younger then, and had different reasons for riding  8)
That and for her it was prior to 5 surgeries, neck and back.

We both like the stock seat on the '05, the Corbin DualTour on the '09

You must be a bit younger  :nixweiss:

Keeping semi on thread post hear, have over 60K on this bike now and I have been through 5-6 seats. For my skinny butt I really have not found the ideal. Currently switch between a semi custom Saddleman solo, HD Sun Ray touring, stock, and Corbin Gunfighter.

In terms of comfort, the Corbin Gunfighter is the worse seat I have ever had, but I like the way it looks for solo short rides.
The Saddleman is for solo trips, but I use an Airhawk cushion. Stock - hardly ever.
Most of the time it is the HD Sunray, good balance between comfort (for her) and looks, plus it is heated.
I also use a HD two up touring, not sure which one, but it is quite padded on the passenger end, so that is a good choice for her when heat is not needed. But, it is a bit fugly due to the size.

Also have a Corbin heated dual tour, with about 1" extra foam. But that is just too stiff for either of us.

MV 2013

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.