Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Race Tuner Air/Fuel Question  (Read 1482 times)

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
Race Tuner Air/Fuel Question
« on: June 17, 2004, 10:50:07 PM »

Hey all I have a question.  Some guys post they are hooking up their laptop and using the data mode to check their air/fuel ratios.  I thought you needed the exhaust sniffer to do this correctly?  If it is possible could you explain?  THanks in advance.
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

starvin

Re: Race Tuner Air/Fuel Question
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 11:41:50 PM »

Your're right. The data recorder gives you the A/F ratio but it is just what it is trying to get, It will print out a A/F graph but they call it the expected air to fuel ratio, the actual may be different. I had my bike dynoed last week and the map I made was very close to what the dealer made, I do not have a scanner to post my sheets but for the  $160 to dyno I only got 3hp more and no more torque. My MPG went up however so between that and the piece of mind that its done right I quess its worth it.

Bobby_Brooks

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 05:42:03 PM »

Starvin,

I took my 04, 103 to the dealer for the 1000 service. Because I had installed Rinehart True Duals they recommended a new down load and remap, I told them to do it. When I picked the bike up it stalled at the first stop. It popped between veery shift as well as on the de-acceleration. At 2000 rpm it popped just sitting with no load on eng. I took it back they worked on it and said they didn't know what to do. They did a dino on it, and said it needed an air filter upgrade, I said do it. It still ran like chit. Finally they put it back to the orig. download. It seems to be running ok but I know this is not right. Help!!!

starvin

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 07:12:25 PM »

Bobby, I sent you an e-mail with what happened with my bike let me know if you didn't get it.

Dave

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.