Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors Question?  (Read 5960 times)

DLSSOJC

• Junior CVO Member
Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors Question?
« on: December 10, 2014, 11:26:51 AM »

Hey guys, has anyone mounted fork wind deflectors on their CVO Electraglides? If so, do you have any pics? I was thinking about getting a pair, but read a few things that talked about not being compatible with the passing light/turn signal brackets on our CVO models? I don't know if this is true or not, so checking if someone has had real world experience with these? I already have the batwing deflectors and the triple tree deflector which help a lot, but looking to get rid of most of that cold blast of air that sneaks between the hard lowers and the gas tank.

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
Re: Question about Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 12:14:13 PM »

See mine on the pic below.
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

DLSSOJC

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Question about Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 12:41:19 PM »

Do you know the part number for the ones you have? Did they make a major difference in the wind that slips between the batwing and the hard lowers?

Thanks.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Fork Mounted Wind Deflectors Question?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 02:39:10 PM »

Here is another picture gadgetz had posted (not of his bike though)...

Another picture...

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 03:28:40 PM »

To answer your question, yes, they knock the wind down and out to the side of the lowers instead of it coming up and around the tank.

Here's where I bought mine, very nice guy to deal with and these install within a couple of minutes; no interference issues.

http://www.jescustomaccents.com/category.sc?categoryId=34

There is another manufacturer out there beside this one if you look, I think they sell them more for street glides though.

DLSSOJC

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 03:40:23 PM »

Here is another picture gadgetz had posted (not of his bike though)...

Another picture...

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Are these the Harley brand deflectors, or the jescustomaccents version? The top picture looks like Jescustoms and the bottom looks like the "old" style "fang" Harley ones?  I have seen pics of the newer Harley brand ones that have the little bar and shield cut out at the bottom on standard Ultras, but didn't know if they would fit with our CVO turn signal setup?

So by the pics it looks like basically either of the Harley versions and the jescustoms will fit without bumping the hard lowers? Is that right? I ask because the specs say the Harley ones won't work with hard lowers?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:45:33 PM by DLSSOJC »

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 03:56:15 PM »

Do they interfere with cooling at all?

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »

Do they interfere with cooling at all?

I can't say definitively, but I run with the vents open all the time anyway as we all know how hot the 110 motor is even when the cat is removed, and has a decent tune.

I do notice on cooler day rides when i close the vents for the sake of my wife that there is less air across my legs which I would assume translates to some degree of motor temp.

I am of the perceived temp group rather than motor temp group when it comes to ambient air flow and its' impact on felt temperature by a rider.

I've ridden from central MS to eastern TN on a summer day without issue from the bike.

Take it for what it's worth as it's JMHO....mine are the jescustom versions that I posted a link to, also the orange 2010 CVO Ultra top most pic are the same as mine.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:30:36 PM by gadgetz »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 06:54:31 PM »

Are these the Harley brand deflectors, or the jescustomaccents version? The top picture looks like Jescustoms and the bottom looks like the "old" style "fang" Harley ones?  I have seen pics of the newer Harley brand ones that have the little bar and shield cut out at the bottom on standard Ultras, but didn't know if they would fit with our CVO turn signal setup?

So by the pics it looks like basically either of the Harley versions and the jescustoms will fit without bumping the hard lowers? Is that right? I ask because the specs say the Harley ones won't work with hard lowers?

Thanks.
I don't know what brand either of those are... I did a search for "Fork Deflectors" in the topic of threads and found those pics in a couple threads.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DLSSOJC

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 06:29:52 PM »

Thanks.

After looking at both of these pics closer, it looks like the lower pic that shows the "older style" Harley Brand "fang" deflectors are mounted behind the more"flat" thinner style standard Electra Glide "turn signal" housings. This person who owns this bike must have removed the bullet shaped housings and replaced them with the standard flat housing that comes on "standard" model Electraglides? We have the "bullet shaped" turn signal housings that came stock on our CVO Electraglides. I know the "JES" deflectors are cut out in the top area to allow for the bullet shaped extension of the turn signal housing on our stock CVO light bar.

After doing some research I have had trouble finding out if someone has installed the older or the newer style Harley brand deflectors with the bullet shaped turn signal housings? I have yet to see them installed with a pic that shows them? If someone has done this, did you have to modify the deflectors to allow for the back of the turn signal housing to clear the deflectors?

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »

After looking at both of these pics closer, it looks like the lower pic that shows the "older style" Harley Brand "fang" deflectors are mounted behind the more"flat" thinner style standard Electra Glide "turn signal" housings. This person who owns this bike must have removed the bullet shaped housings and replaced them with the standard flat housing that comes on "standard" model Electraglides? We have the "bullet shaped" turn signal housings that came stock on our CVO Electraglides. I know the "JES" deflectors are cut out in the top area to allow for the bullet shaped extension of the turn signal housing on our stock CVO light bar.

Good catch/eye.  The lower picture with the 2014 definitely changed to the old style light bar for the driving lights/turnsignals.

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 24 queries.