Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GPS issue resolved  (Read 1063 times)

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
GPS issue resolved
« on: April 01, 2014, 05:58:41 PM »

Have been having an issue with the GPS for several weeks now and finally resolved it the other day.  I have never used it with the speakers on the bike just because I didn't think it could be heard very well at highway speeds.  But we have used it many times in the car on the windshield.  lately it has been giving us a problem in that although we have it on 100% volume, it becomes so low it is almost inaudible.  So, we reach up and push the button and release it off the windshield at which point it steps the volume up to max.  Put it back in the mount and then next time it sounds off, it is back to almost inaudible.  Have thought it was the mount possibly giving the issue because we disconnected the cable going to the 12V so it is virtually operating just on its own battery.  but it would continue to malfunction.  Took it to the dealer and he got help from Garmin.  He plugged it into the dealership computer with the cable, and downloaded a couple updates that it was missing (from the 2013 program; not the new 2014).  The next day he gave it back to me and told me to test drive it and see it that helped.  it did.  it has not malfunctioned since he did that.  So, I guess every now and then we need to check for updates to our GPSs.    Hope this has helped someone who may be experiencing the same issue.  These things are awesome!  We use it in the car when travelling every bit as much as on the bike.     Porkster.

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 25 queries.