Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ride opinion on my 2014 cvo Limited  (Read 965 times)

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
Ride opinion on my 2014 cvo Limited
« on: November 25, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »

Well guys, I rode the new bike Saturday. It was 30-40 degrees with high winds. First thing I noticed was the front suspension was much much improved over previous years. Sad too say the rear is same old air shocks and needless are rough. The vented fairing does work. Though I dread summer months with the bugs. But buffeting is diminished significantly when open. The infotainment system is going too take some time too learn. PTT button and cruise buttons are reversed. The cruise I can deal with but the PTT is hard too use on the throttle side. Infotainment screen locked up on one occasion and I had to stop and shut the bike off for several minutes too get it too reboot. I guess I over loaded it. Steve George has warned me twice too not play with it going down the road. LOL
As for the cooling system, can't tell anything other than the lowers look different. Engine is exact same as previous models except for heads. I installed Andrews cams and Fullsac Stage ll prior too riding so I can't compare there. Runs awesome now.
Wife's view points are rear seating is much improved and she has more room that previous bikes. Her back rest less the lumbar is far improvement. She does not like the infotainment buttons being side by side. Hard too use with gloves on.
Tour pak is not as deep and the saddle bags are about 3 inches shallower. but longer and wider. Going to be interesting too see how we pack for a trip. All and all we love the new bike and accept the changes. We will learn too adapt. Bike Week is only 3 months away and we are looking forward too our first road trip.  :2vrolijk_21:
One other minor thing I had a issue with was over 70mph I had a pretty good vibration. Got home and checked the wheels and no weights on the front. Removed the wheel and tire and balanced it and should be good too go now.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.