Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beware! CycleDry blow dryer  (Read 1593 times)

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Beware! CycleDry blow dryer
« on: May 28, 2005, 01:03:42 AM »

I purchased a CycleDry (little orange blow dryer) product from Wally's at the same time I got the Progressive shocks. Like a lot of us, I'm a sucker for a cool gadget. Washed the Seeg first time this year, plugged in the CycleDry and within the first 30 seconds, a piece of the plastic fan housing broke off and shot right into the center of my fairing! I have not addressed the damage yet, but an E-mail from a CycleDry concerning this issue totally disrespected me, therefore I am posting this so none of you fine folks buy one of these pieces of junk! I know, you get what you pay for, I should have known.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Beware! CycleDry blow dryer
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 01:47:34 AM »

I purchased a CycleDry (little orange blow dryer) product from Wally's at the same time I got the Progressive shocks. Like a lot of us, I'm a sucker for a cool gadget. Washed the Seeg first time this year, plugged in the CycleDry and within the first 30 seconds, a piece of the plastic fan housing broke off and shot right into the center of my fairing! I have not addressed the damage yet, but an E-mail from a CycleDry concerning this issue totally disrespected me, therefore I am posting this so none of you fine folks buy one of these pieces of junk! I know, you get what you pay for, I should have known.

Very sorry to read of the incident Ridefar.  It's unfortunate when you actually make the effort to take good care of the bike and shell out a bit of money to either make that task a little easier or be able to do it better and then find out the tool you got is a hazard in and of itself.  If you decide to look for something else I've got a little black unit sold under the name AirForce Dryer.  Use it on the old cars and the bike.  It does a perfectly satisfactory job and appears to be very well made.

Good luck on finding out that the damaged fairing really isn't damaged.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.