Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Say it aint so... more deletions?  (Read 8435 times)

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
Say it aint so... more deletions?
« on: June 20, 2005, 11:09:44 AM »

So, the weather has been nice here and I've pretty much been ignoring all things computer based since our summer here in Chicago lasts about 6 weeks, and I have all winter to scrutinize the web-sites I frequent...

I haven't noticed... but have been told... is it true that there have been MORE deletions?  

Say it aint so.

And if so, why?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Say it aint so... more deletions?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 11:27:41 AM »

yes there was, and as for the why that was discussed already between the parties involved
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 11:31:41 AM »

[smiley=shocked2.gif] did i do that - and he had GOOD reasons to and we're proud of him - and I have been spanked and soothing the pain with an MGD  [smiley=drink.gif]

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 11:56:30 AM »

yes there was, and as for the why that was discussed already between the parties involved

Is it unreasonable to want to know what may have been deleted (just generally, no specifics needed) so that I may not commit the same offense?  God knows I probably will eventually do the same otherwise.  

I try to be on my best behavior here, as I am possibly too strong of an advocate of free speech... especially on the internet.  And a bit too much of a Republican sometimes.  But I live by the rules of the house, so I was just wondering what offended the care-takers so that I won't do the same.  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 01:26:03 PM by DJW »

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 12:13:33 PM »

Is it unreasonable to want to know what may have been deleted (just generally, no specifics needed) so that I may not commit the same offense?  God knows I probably will eventually do the same otherwise.  

I try to be on my best behavior here, as I am possibly too strong of an advocate of free speech... especially on the internet.  And I bit too much of a Republican sometimes.  But I live by the rules of the house, so I was just wondering what offended the care-takers so that I won't do the same.  

haaaaa haaaaa haaaaa. DJW. You are just wanting to do the offense  [smiley=policeman.gif] so you can get caught and then deleted, aren't you?  

Hey, the board has been too quite with you out enjoying that 6 weeks of summer.  Come visit us more often.  

And I have no idea about the deletions, I have been away too much myself ------ riding my now finally fixed and fit as a fiddle two tone cherry seeg.   Yeeeeee haaaaaaa!   [smiley=cowboy.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 02:16:05 PM »

I try to be on my best behavior here, as I am possibly too strong of an advocate of free speech... especially on the internet.  [bgcolor=Yellow]And a bit too much of a Republican sometimes. [/bgcolor] But I live by the rules of the house, so I was just wondering what offended the care-takers so that I won't do the same.  

Yeah, 'er 'uh, DJW,
 Glad to see you back, man!  Send me your "How to be too Republican" handbook.  I want to compare it to mine.  I want to be SURE I'm as much a REPUBLICAN as you are!  Please tell Reo, Jack, and Karl I said Hello!  Later--HUBBARD  

« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 02:22:21 PM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 02:32:28 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, DJW,
  Glad to see you back, man!  Send me your "How to be too Republican" handbook.  I want to compare it to mine.  I want to be SURE I'm as much a REPUBLICAN as you are!  Please tell Reo, Jack, and Karl I said Hello!  Later--HUBBARD  

It's in the mail Mr. Hubbard.  Hope it doesn't get you in too much trouble!  [smiley=laugh.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 03:11:09 PM »

Damn

Day late and 103 dollars short!
Story of my life.

DJW - Dr. Evil
Can you send me a copy also?
Might be helpful to remove any excuse to keep those itchy trigger fingers from pulling the plug over nothing.

Or maybe some of that caffeine beer would help!   [smiley=laugh.gif]
Naitram is that just an up north thing? Hadn't seen any here.

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 03:17:37 PM »

I'll overnight you one too.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Like I said the last time that happened... Just because you have the power to, doesn't mean you should exercise it.  We have a checks, but no balances here apparently.  I think some people here are way too sensitive, and possibly abusing their authority in some respects.  But then maybe that's what the powers that be want.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 03:41:54 PM »

what the powers that be want is to maintain a site where everyone gets along and respects each other.

if someone thinks they can do a better job than i've been doing speak up
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 03:41:55 PM »

Quote from --------> DJW - Dr. Evil
Hey notice how I use his entire handle. Just to keep the fingers off the trigger!
And I even spelled it correctly!

"We have a checks, but no balances here apparently.  I think some people here are way too sensitive, and possibly abusing their authority in some respects."

It's Naitram that ultimately has to resolve the issues. I'm sure in his daily B/S quota that he has to deal with, the power people that create mountains out of molehills are a real drag. That's all I have to say about that issue.

Makes that caffeine beer that much more attractive.
I'm gonna order a case for me and Naitram!

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 03:45:43 PM »

O-chit

I forgot
That's not available here.

Don't dispair Naitram, I will find us some!

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 03:49:17 PM »

HD - watch this ----- BEER MINUS CAFFINE IS - YOU GUESSED IT --- MGD  [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
bet sitting in Naitram shoes would make anyone drink cases of something of his or her choice hourly
and I think your finger is superglued to the trigger on purpose  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 03:57:55 PM »

what the powers that be want is to maintain a site where everyone gets along and respects each other.

if someone thinks they can do a better job than i've been doing speak up

Ahem, maybe we need to be less sensitive, and turn down the needless p-c quotient.  I think we are all big boys and girls here, who don't need to have every word critiqued.  Anyone remember "stick and stones..."  Grow up people, there has been NOTHING that could be construed as grossly ignorant or offensive EVER posted here.  Even the serious stuff has been somewhat tongue-in-cheek.   I think ya'll need to relax those delete impulses.  SERIOUSLY.  And no, Neal, there is nobody that could do a better job, AND it's YOUR site.  But I think maybe you should have sole discretion in regards to deletions.   Anything less is like having the inmates run the jail.  There WILL be politics!  Nothing personal against those doing the deleting but I think maybe it's too much authority for them.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 09:54:48 PM by DJW »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 03:59:43 PM »

Shovelhead 71

What if we added some Red Bull to that MGD?

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 04:07:32 PM by hd2003-se2005 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.