Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz - Contact Problems...  (Read 6023 times)

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz - Contact Problems...
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 02:25:47 PM »

Thought I'd drop an update on the issue.

Called CD and they recommended adding the drop of solder on then end of the "bulb".  I did that and the right one now works solid all the time.  The left one still has some kind of issue with the socket where the white ring is all that will light and when I turn on the signal, the white ring blinks.  So I'm back to trying to figure out how to resolve the socket issue on the left side.  Anyone know how to pull the socket out of a bullet style turn signal?  It almost looks like the black rubber ring has to come out before the reflector will come out.  Is it even possible to get the socket out?

Thanks!

If your regular bulbs are working good I would not think that anything would be wrong with the socket :nixweiss: CD telling you to fix a defective bulb by adding solder to the contacts would be totally unacceptable to me >:(

mark

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »

Rumblerider...it's time to send them back and have Custom Dynamics send you another.  You shouldn't have to troubleshoot a new item.

Rumblerider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 12:00:59 AM »

Update!

I sent the clusters to CD for evaluation.  They called today and said they both checked out on the bench.  I wasn't surprised.  They did however lead me through troubleshooting the bike and I found the left turn signal reverse wired!  CD said this is quite common on HD bikes that use incandescent bulbs because they will still work with reversed polarity. 

So what all this really means is the ground terminal on the LH turn signal is swapped with the LH turn signal power lead.  I verified this by using a test light to show that power was being applied to the ground tab when I turned on the signal.

I'll be pulling the fairing off and tracing these two wires to the light bar so that I can swap them. 

BTW, the CD "bulb" interfaces still had to have solder balls put on them to make contact with my sockets...  CD said they would touch them up and re-test them before sending them back.

Mystery hopefully solved!
V&H Power Duals with Monster Ovals, SERT, GMR Performance Dyno Tune, Custom Dynamics Brake Light & Rear Turn Signals,  Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz for Front Signals, H-D DayMaker Head Lights and Aux Lights, and of course the Custom Billet Works "Screamin Eagle" on the Tour Pack!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 06:53:07 AM »

Wow.  Not hard to believe that Harley crossed a wire for the turn signals.  CD is correct, regular bulbs are not polarity sensitive.  LED's are.  LED = light emitting diode.  Purpose of a diode is to block electrical current flow in one direction and allow it in the other.

Most all my bikes had a plug in the fairing for each turn signal.  Should be able to pull the pins out of the plug and switch them.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.