Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: 2017 CVO MODELS/CHANGES  (Read 109227 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: 2016 CVO MODELS/CHANGES
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »

2016's will "introduced" via a purposefully vague internet video with vrooom vrooom exhaust sounds, a voice over by a seriouly strident semi constipated sounding announcer who will tout some poll tested wording that the HD marketing department yadda yadda'd over for at least a month, & the pics online will not be as good as looking at a bike in person.

The Unicorn/Rainbow/Flying Monkeys from the Wizard of Oz paint schemes have been placed on hold until 2017.  Pool boy sourced, so it must be true.

;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 02:02:38 PM »

Wonder what the retail price of a CVO Trike would be??? :nixweiss:

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 02:14:33 PM »

Wonder what the retail price of a CVO Trike would be??? :nixweiss:

$43,499 in Vivid Black is my guess.
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 03:12:01 PM »

2016's will "introduced" via a purposefully vague internet video with vrooom vrooom exhaust sounds, a voice over by a seriouly strident semi constipated sounding announcer who will tout some poll tested wording that the HD marketing department yadda yadda'd over for at least a month, & the pics online will not be as good as looking at a bike in person.

The Unicorn/Rainbow/Flying Monkeys from the Wizard of Oz paint schemes have been placed on hold until 2017.  Pool boy sourced, so it must be true.

;D
No Wizard of Oz paint schemes?  I'm wounded.

For the touring line they need to get that infotainment system up to snuff.  BT Headset protocol and a number of bug fixes.

The Dynas are great.  They're old because that's the market for that kind of bike.  Go fast, stay cheap (relatively speaking) and make it practical.  The sportster line is in the same shape.

The Softails appeal to a market that Harley abandoned before they ever really went after it.  The young rider who survived the sportbike years and now wants to look cool without hurting him or herself.  No brand loyalty in that market because Harley never really pushed Buell to compete in that market.  You can't save a product people don't want.

The V-Rod.  They have to kill this off soon.  It's the best designed HD and they've completely screwed the pooch with its placement and further designs to go with the motor.  The streets aren't a bad idea, but I don't see them saving the revolution.

Sooner or alter people are going to realize that a CVO is no longer special.  No longer hand made, it's just another model rollin down the assembly line.  No longer higher end with the electronics.  No longer a significant motor upgrade to "factory".  And the paint schemes... well, how custom is one of 3500?  Buy the bike and take it to a paint shop.

So will they address any of this in 2016?  Will the Wizards Monkey's fly out of my... well.  I'm not betting and I'm not buying.  Year 8 on old Screaming Nemo.  I took the new bike out of the budget after the Rushmore bikes proved to be less than advanced electronically and less than reliable although they do seem to be back to their pre Rushmore reliability...

So my CVO guess is a Softail.  Move the wet head into that line to test the waters (pun intended).  The others will be touring: A Road Glide.  A Limited.  A street glide.  No engine difference.  Updated Paint.  Same stuff different year.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »

Same stuff different year.

And don't forget - higher price, lol.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 07:40:45 PM »

$43,499 in Vivid Black is my guess.

I'd guess closer to 50k.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 11:02:02 PM »

No Wizard of Oz paint schemes?  I'm wounded.

For the touring line they need to get that infotainment system up to snuff.  BT Headset protocol and a number of bug fixes.

The Dynas are great.  They're old because that's the market for that kind of bike.  Go fast, stay cheap (relatively speaking) and make it practical.  The sportster line is in the same shape.

The Softails appeal to a market that Harley abandoned before they ever really went after it.  The young rider who survived the sportbike years and now wants to look cool without hurting him or herself.  No brand loyalty in that market because Harley never really pushed Buell to compete in that market.  You can't save a product people don't want.

The V-Rod.  They have to kill this off soon.  It's the best designed HD and they've completely screwed the pooch with its placement and further designs to go with the motor.  The streets aren't a bad idea, but I don't see them saving the revolution.

Sooner or alter people are going to realize that a CVO is no longer special.  No longer hand made, it's just another model rollin down the assembly line.  No longer higher end with the electronics.  No longer a significant motor upgrade to "factory".  And the paint schemes... well, how custom is one of 3500?  Buy the bike and take it to a paint shop.

So will they address any of this in 2016?  Will the Wizards Monkey's fly out of my... well.  I'm not betting and I'm not buying.  Year 8 on old Screaming Nemo.  I took the new bike out of the budget after the Rushmore bikes proved to be less than advanced electronically and less than reliable although they do seem to be back to their pre Rushmore reliability...

So my CVO guess is a Softail.  Move the wet head into that line to test the waters (pun intended).  The others will be touring: A Road Glide.  A Limited.  A street glide.  No engine difference.  Updated Paint.  Same stuff different year.

The Pool Boy agrees, but he's a chlorine sniffer....

HD makes higher profit on CVOs, epecially the $40k models. I understand the appeal in keeping an older model that runs well, is personalized, & paid for.  Newer models are still of interest to me but not at the sme level as 10 years ago.

The holey fairing water bikes are set up better for comfort & are an improvement over the non hole fairing bikes.  My opinion.  Just saw some info on the HD 120 ST.  If they choose to offer this in 16 or 17, expect sales to create a bigger demand than now. 

New line of Munchkin models maybe?  The Horse of a Different Color model is still having paint shop issues.  Go figure.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »

Yup, a CVO Trike is sure to arrive one of these years, might '16 be the year? With a twin cooled 120 and seven speed (8 if you count reverse) !!

+1 on the CVO Trike
Hard Candy Mercury/Smokey Quartz Flames
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
Rinehart 4" exhaust with Black tips
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Yaffe Originals CVO Stealth III Plate Cover
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Motor Mount Linkage
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent
OEM Chrome Passanger Back Rest & CVO Pad
OEM Chrome Saddlebag Latches

UK1

• CVO1: 2012 Skunk (blew up)
    • CVO2: 2018 Gray
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »

I just checked out the CARB report for the 2016s, they are listing 9 Harleys with the 1962cc engine. Would these be the new CVOs?

ONE2BAJA

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2023 CVO Road Glide FLTRXSE Dark Platium 121vvt
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 10:07:00 PM »

You cares... Live for the day!
"The difference between success and failure is the ability to work with a hangover"

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2015, 11:41:08 PM »

I just checked out the CARB report for the 2016s, they are listing 9 Harleys with the 1962cc engine. Would these be the new CVOs?

nice
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2015, 05:51:26 AM »

That's the report that shows that the 120st is approved for installation in '15 models.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2015, 09:59:57 AM »

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/hmc/2015/harleydavidson_m0050208_1962_0d5_hn.pdf

thats still for 2015 model year. nothing has been filed yet for 2016 model year

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2015, 11:42:30 PM »

That's the report that shows that the 120st is approved for installation in '15 models.

Yeah Smoken Harley has put the 120ST in a street glide and it was on the showroom floor a few weeks ago.

Hard Candy Mercury/Smokey Quartz Flames
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
Rinehart 4" exhaust with Black tips
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Yaffe Originals CVO Stealth III Plate Cover
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Motor Mount Linkage
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent
OEM Chrome Passanger Back Rest & CVO Pad
OEM Chrome Saddlebag Latches

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2015, 06:23:30 AM »

In the "Why a CVO" topic there are comments about multiple hard candy colors for 2016...anyone else heard that? :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.