Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Tuners  (Read 6284 times)

sharkbait

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OR

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Dyna Fat Bob
Tuners
« on: August 17, 2015, 05:04:57 PM »

Hi everyone, new to this site, and a new Harley owner. I have a 2009 CVO Fat Bob with upgraded exhaust and a heavy breather. I'm not sure what brand the exhaust is, can't find it on the pipes, still looking into it. I need a tuner for it, any recommendations?

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)
Re: Tuners
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 07:54:17 PM »

Fuel moto PC V.  you will be covered for life then.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

98fxstc

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 FXDFSE
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 10:14:19 PM »

I would suggest TTS
but really ,you are better off enquiring about reputable dyno tuners in your area, or within reasonable travelling distance and asking what they use or recommend.
I have an 09 SE Fatbob and I am DIY tuning with TTS because I dont have access to a dyno tuner who knows his stuff

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 10:49:49 PM »

TTS is my preference but it is alway good to check with the person doing the tuning to see their preference. ( If the preference isn't the TTS then find another tuner) 8)

litespeed1000

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 11:22:48 PM »

I just installed the DynoJet Power Vision, Target Tune, Jackpot Stainless Steel Ceramic Coated Header/X-over from Fuel Moto with V&H 450 Titan slipon's on my 2015 Streetglide CVO. All I can say is throttle response is instant! No hesitation and it pulls like a freight train. Truly impressed with the wideband O2 Target Tune addition. Fuel Moto provided a special map that was flashed to the ecm with the Power Vision. Once flashed the Target Tuner takes over and real time adjusts for optimal AFR via Wideband 5 volt O2 sensors. Two  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: for Fuel Moto and Target Tune.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 11:36:25 PM »

My vote is the Power Vision and I would strongly suggest buying from Fuel Moto. The free support and map access is priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

ptnlinda

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 04:48:49 AM »

My vote is for a Thundermax. No need for Dynotune as it tunes as you ride. Had one on my 2008 Ultra and now one on my 2015 Limited. No problems and bike really gets up and goes now. Have Fuelmoto Jackpot pipes with CFR Mufflers and Thunder City Baffles.
2015 FLHTKSE
Fuel Moto Jackpot Headers
2" Muffler Cores
Thunder Max ECM
Detachable's Kit
Stainless Fasteners throughout.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 08:48:21 AM »

Well TTS, PV and PRO from hd all do a great job.. Do not get caught up in the hype and a free map ,

Choose a tuner that has the options you need. Then decide if you want to be a self tuner or not.  There are tons of reasons for auto tuning that can cause it not work work correctly.  I am not telling you what one to buy just be aware of some of the issue of a free tune in a box so to speak.

Good luck with your choice if you have a pro to tune it then speak with that person before buying a tuner.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:57:24 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 09:29:17 AM »

Correct GMR.  But for people who have no good tuners/dyno near by,  I think fuel moto gets us closest to a spot on tune.
Mavericks RC
MFFM