Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Vance and Hines vs Rineharts vs ?  (Read 8993 times)

WKC2019

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
Vance and Hines vs Rineharts vs ?
« on: February 28, 2016, 11:41:47 PM »

So, my wife is hounding me to pipe our new SESG.  :2vrolijk_21:

I have always been a VH guy, my last one having power duals with HO's. I loved the look and sound, but looking back, realized I was giving up power on the bottom end and do not want to do that with this one.  As far as the head pipes go, I am pretty set on the power duals again.  I hear great things about the Jackpot and Fullsac pipes, but hate the factory heat shields.

My question comes down to the mufflers.  I love the look of the VH 450's, but worry they too would give up low end power.  My other option is a set of 4 inch Rineharts.  They have that raspy sound I like.  Does anyone have first hand experience with any of these combos (sound, performance, dyno results).  I would love to hear opinions and insight on the subject.  Thanks in advance

WKC2019

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: Vance and Hines vs Rineharts vs ?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 12:16:12 AM »

One thing I forgot to mention.  There is a strong possibility of a 117 kit going in down the road, along with a full tune.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:41:10 AM »

I'd look at Kuryakyn Crushers.  Good power delivery, nice sound. 

JW

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 09:05:03 AM »

A few weeks ago I had Fullsac DX headers and Kuryakyn Crushers put on with a dyno tune. Previously I had High Outputs. I know what you mean about the low end loss. My bike was asleep until 3200RPM with those damned things. They should be called low outputs. Anyways, now I've got 100 TQ at 2300RPM and carrying past 5000RPM (114 TQ peak). My Rinefart buddies deny my dyno sheet, but they also get good looks at my license plate while they are behind me. Seems like I'm bragging, but there are plenty of dyno sheets overlapped comparing this combo to Rinefarts and other systems and it's flat out hard to beat for the money. The guys here didn't stear me wrong.

Here is my graph. This is an otherwise completely stock 110". The exhaust has a really low bassy tone, but almost disappears at cruising to hear the radio. But, they will bark if you want em' to:

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:08:10 AM by Scott7d »
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 08:51:12 AM »

HO will not produce great low end power, it may peak at a higher number but will also fall off faster.. Myself am not a huge fan.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

WKC2019

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 07:18:36 PM »

Well, after much thought and research, I finally made a choice. I picked up a set of VH Power Duals and the OS 450 Titan slipons, all in chrome. Got them installed and went for a quick ride around the block. What a huge difference between these and the HO's that were on my 103. I didn't notice any loss of power in the lower end and they sound great. Subdued, but still have the Harley thump at idle, and they bark on the throttle. I haven't been able to open it up all the way since it still only has 200 miles on it.  I am happy with my selection.

I know everyone here endorses the Fullsac headpipe and inserts, even the Crusher slipons. I do not doubt the performance, but some of it came down to aesthetics for me.

I'll have to try and post a picture later when I get home.

ferris bueller

• Buy The Ticket Take The Ride
    • IL

• CVO1: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 11:24:45 PM »

If your happy that's all that matters. I've heard the oversized 450s they sound amazing. Just last week I finally made my choice and went with the fullsac dx head pipe and the fullsac 2" cores, not having heard this setup before I was worried about the sound i shouldnt have, they sound great, not as deep as your 450s,  but I really like the end caps on my rk cvo and wanted to keep that look and not just replace them and set on my garage shelf and collect dust.  I say just enjoy your bike and get out there and ride!

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 08:37:53 AM »

The silly SE street cannon has worked very well.. Odd as its a huge hole with a straight perf core.??  but the dyno sheets show very nice curves.

one with a cam only install

one with stock cam

2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 09:40:13 PM »

Do the OS 450 Titan/Raiders have the same drop in low end torque as the 4.5" HO?

Anyone ever compare to Crushers?
CVO Road Glide Ultra Ruby Red/Palladium Silver
117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

WKC2019

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 10:43:01 PM »

I have not noticed any by the seat of the pants test. I did add an FP3, and am very happy with the combo.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 11:58:42 AM »

Just noticed, when taking the cover off for the first time this spring, that one of the tips on the V&H Monster Rounds has a few bubbles under the chrome.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 01:48:39 PM »

HO will not produce great low end power, it may peak at a higher number but will also fall off faster.. Myself am not a huge fan.

Are the V&H oversize 450's different then?
I'm told from one that had both the OS did not feel like it lost power like the HO did.

Anyone know what the baffle diameter is in the Crushers?

117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 05:32:55 PM »

Are the V&H oversize 450's different then?
I'm told from one that had both the OS did not feel like it lost power like the HO did.

Anyone know what the baffle diameter is in the Crushers?

I believe the Crusher diameter is 2". They are a perforated core.

There is no gamble with the Crushers- they will work, and work well. If I was smart, that's what I would get, but I'm not sold on the sound- maybe I'd have to hear them again in person, but from what I remember from hearing them on another CVO was that they didn't really thump enough for me at idle, and they have sort of a muted sound. Bear in mind that's me comparing against my 4" Rineharts, which I love the aggressive sound of.

If you do end up going with Crushers, make sure you get the original ones, not the Maverick Crushers that have a black accent piece on them- totally different muffler post Mike Roland design era, and not recommended by the pros on here.

2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 08:56:11 AM »

That is what I went with, Crusher Tridents.
Soundwise we shall see I guess.
I'm guessing I will be a little disappointed vs the sound of the V&H monster oval or HO that I originally selected but hopefully the performance benedit will make it worthwhile. :)
117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

Korazu

• NC

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Ruby Red/Platinum Silver
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 07:21:06 AM »

Well, after much thought and research, I finally made a choice. I picked up a set of VH Power Duals and the OS 450 Titan slipons, all in chrome. Got them installed and went for a quick ride around the block. What a huge difference between these and the HO's that were on my 103. I didn't notice any loss of power in the lower end and they sound great. Subdued, but still have the Harley thump at idle, and they bark on the throttle. I haven't been able to open it up all the way since it still only has 200 miles on it.  I am happy with my selection.

I know everyone here endorses the Fullsac headpipe and inserts, even the Crusher slipons. I do not doubt the performance, but some of it came down to aesthetics for me.

I'll have to try and post a picture later when I get home.

Any more updates/thoughts on this setup, now that you've been running it for a bit? I am debating getting the VH Power Duals and either the OS 450 Titans or Destroyers.  Would love to hear more about what you think.  I previously had a V&H Pro-Pipe on my FLHXS and love the sound, so hoping to get something close to it.  Thanks!
"If you can park your bike without admiring it, then you've bought the wrong bike!"

States my harley's been in: States I've been to:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.