Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Vance and Hines vs Rineharts vs ?  (Read 8994 times)

JIMINVA

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

Re: Vance and Hines vs Rineharts vs ?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »

I've has several variations of the VH / Rinehart; true duals, 2-1.  IMHO, Im hooked on FULLSAC headers and re-core; economical, quality and economical.  IMHO, Jim

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 03:29:57 PM »

Any more updates/thoughts on this setup, now that you've been running it for a bit? I am debating getting the VH Power Duals and either the OS 450 Titans or Destroyers.  Would love to hear more about what you think.  I previously had a V&H Pro-Pipe on my FLHXS and love the sound, so hoping to get something close to it.  Thanks!

I just got my bike last Friday with the Crusher powercell and Crusher Tridents.
I chose them because of recommendations from this forum so that I didn't neuter my low end TQ.

I was prepared to be underwhlemed when I picked it up but when I fired her up for the first time they sound amazing. .
Nice deep low tone, bark good when you spank the throttle and the Trident tips look great.
I went with the standard not the mellow version and it's perfect.

The V&H monsters I heard in the shop may have been a little lower tone but not much, plus it was inside so hard to compare.
Cant speak to the OS or Destroyers.
The Crushers certainly are no slouch sound wise, plus they perform too.

CVO Road Glide Ultra Ruby Red/Palladium Silver
117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 07:39:23 AM »

I had V&H power duels with V&H 4" slash cut on my '10 CVO, to loud. V&H power duels with Rinehart 4" on my '13 CVO, nice sound good numbers. This time on my '16 I used fulsac head pipe and V&H 4.5". I've always used the SE race tuner and all three had similar numbers with the '10 having the best seat of pants performance. My favorite look is the '16, but everyone has a look they like best, that's why they make so many different kinds.

KC2GIW

• RUB
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 White Amethyst CVO Street Glide
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 01:19:03 PM »

If you're interested, my '16 with the 117 kit, Fuelmoto head pipe and 450s.

Matt - Syracuse, NY

2016 White Amethyst FLHXSE.
117 SE drop-in kit.
Jackpot 2:1:2, V&H 450 Titans.

2018 Arctic White Corvette Grand Sport

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »

Any more updates/thoughts on this setup, now that you've been running it for a bit? I am debating getting the VH Power Duals and either the OS 450 Titans or Destroyers.  Would love to hear more about what you think.  I previously had a V&H Pro-Pipe on my FLHXS and love the sound, so hoping to get something close to it.  Thanks!

FWIW... From what I've read on this forum teh V&H power dual is the same pipe as Crusher power cell (made by same company) so either one should be the same.
I went with the Crusher Power cell and Trident mufflers, very happy with the sound.
Power cell is a great looking pipe, I liked the look better than the V&H.
CVO Road Glide Ultra Ruby Red/Palladium Silver
117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

Korazu

• NC

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Ruby Red/Platinum Silver
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2016, 03:43:28 PM »

Well, after much thought and research, I finally made a choice. I picked up a set of VH Power Duals and the OS 450 Titan slipons, all in chrome. Got them installed and went for a quick ride around the block. What a huge difference between these and the HO's that were on my 103. I didn't notice any loss of power in the lower end and they sound great. Subdued, but still have the Harley thump at idle, and they bark on the throttle. I haven't been able to open it up all the way since it still only has 200 miles on it.  I am happy with my selection.

I know everyone here endorses the Fullsac headpipe and inserts, even the Crusher slipons. I do not doubt the performance, but some of it came down to aesthetics for me.

I'll have to try and post a picture later when I get home.

Thanks for your review on this.  I ended up going with the Fullsac header and V&H OS450 Destroyer's in chrome and put them on yesterday. Night and day difference from the CVO stock and I love the deep sound. I've got a tuned map from Fuel Moto for the Power Vision on and will ride a bit and then test out the auto tune.

"If you can park your bike without admiring it, then you've bought the wrong bike!"

States my harley's been in: States I've been to:

FlaminL

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 01:29:25 PM »

Hi,
I've got a '14 CVO Limited with stock everything (don't ask).
I'm looking at getting V&H 450 Slip-ons.
What's the difference between Titans and Destroyers?
Will either require a re-tune? (I don't have a tuner).
I'm in Canada, where the power duals are a $1000 option, so, I'm not likely to go that route either.
Thanks for the support.

WKC2019

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »

The only difference is the tips. As far as a re-tune, there are people on here who are far more qualified than I to say if it's required. I know I have always been told if it's just a slip on, then no.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.