Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Dealer dropped my new CVO  (Read 9418 times)

JIMINVA

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

Dealer dropped my new CVO
« on: March 17, 2016, 03:34:47 PM »

Dropped it right in front of me as I was walking out to pick it up from Service.
 - Just had the headers and pipes done.

- The "porter" went over right in the lot.

- 2 other porters were there right away and the Asst Service Mgr ran over.

- To his credit, he said "whatever is broken or scratched we will repair or replace." So its both left side engine guards - AND - I knew the bars were going to be torqued loose as I watched him fight it on the way down - sure enough - they will be disassembling to get to the risers/pins and will repair.

- So this is a first...54 miles on it. Brand new CVO Road Glide. Can't make this up.

- Oh - no - the porter did not apologize - but his supervisor did and said he wld reprimand the porter. Damn.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Dealer dropped my new CVO
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 04:22:36 PM »

Chit happens but it sure gets to 'ya on a brand new bike that's for sure.  Several years ago a tech had taken my '07 for a test ride after one of the many repairs the early 110s delighted us with.  Dealership has a key card to the security gate at the back entrance to service.  While sitting at the gate fumbling for his card the tech dropped my bike.  Not much 'serious' damage but being so new even the slightest scratch was noticeable.  Thankfully the dealer stepped up no questions asked and replaced any of the damaged parts.

Glad your dealer is a stand up guy also.  He will get it all fixed up and you'll laugh about this someday - several years from now no doubt.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 04:51:26 PM »

Hate to hear about your bad luck. It can always be worse. Several years ago a good friend of mine bought a new pickup made a right hand turn out of dealerships' driveway, went one block to stop sign and was rear ended. Should have been totaled except it was a new vehicle and they wouldn't. He never could keep tires on that truck. Good luck with the repairs. Sounds like they are going to take care of you.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 05:13:55 PM »

That sucks but it looks like they will make it right. Good news is that the damage was minimal

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 08:41:29 PM »

sorry to hear of the accident! sounds like the dealer is all over it.its good to know they will take care of you. never ever trust a guy named porter.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

StreetGlidin

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 08:57:23 PM »

Wow. That freaking sucks. Sorry, Jim. I'm not sure I would have been able to keep my cool. I probably would have went off on the porter.  :o At least they are willing to make it right.

Steve

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 12:42:46 AM »

Doofus, sorry to hear this.   Sure hope you get a little extra something out of this to ease swallowing the situation.   Hopefully they didnt bend the bars.   

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 07:34:24 AM »

That sucks. Hope they get it fixed fast...
Bill

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 07:46:31 AM »

Dealer Technician doing the test ride after service on my wife Heritage years ago was in by a pick up in the parking lot.  Trucks fault, I saw the whole thing.  I ran over to see if Tech was ok, as did several other.  Never looked at the bike until the Tech was loaded into the Ambulance.  Tech is a friend.

Owner and GM were present before the Ambulance left.  Once the Ambulance left, they both turned to me and said thank you for worrying about the the Tech, not the bike.  We will do what ever it takes to make the bike right.  Reminded them in four days my wife was to Ride to Milwaukee with a group.  She was told she will either be on her bike or a loaner. 

They made it more than right .

Hope you dealer takes good care of you.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 08:35:34 AM »

I think I threw up in my mouth a little after reading this one... :puke:

You handled it very well, however.  Accidents happen to all of us at some point in life.  Very glad the dealer came through for you (as they should....so sad we have to word it that way but you never know about dealers these days).

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 08:40:53 AM »

At least you were there to see it.

I'm confident based on some stuff I've seen inside shops that a lot of "small" damage never gets reported to the customer... it's hard to hide when it happens right in front of you though.

JIMINVA

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 08:47:56 AM »

Thanks crew -- this was my re-entry into riding after all the ugliness of the divorce and losing my 14 LTD to pay lawyer fees.  I didn't want to take a loan out but I figured this will likely be my last new bike purchase and I wanted to go first class.  Well, stuff happens.  My "spiritual" growth has truly helped me handle this smaller stuff in light of seeing much worse.  It will get repaired.  And as far as I'm concerned - "I" still have not dropped my new baby, right?  I'll get back out there abnd I will meet new friends and finally meet many of you.  Grateful for the support -- Jim

JIMINVA

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 02:36:15 PM »

UPDATE: dealer has ordered both engine guards for left side. Shld b in next week. Then I take it in for install AND evaluation of handlebars. If bars need to b replaced or parts ordered it will b longer of course. Jim

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 01:46:58 PM »

It'll be fine Jim, it's just a thing and it sounds like the dealer has it under control and the worst part is your new ride is not in your garage! I had mine fall over on the left side about a month after I got it, I about puked.... but we picked it back up correctly and it didn't even scratch the engine guards enough to worry about. Got that out of the way...

So two days ago we're riding up in the Lake Isabella area and we see a Victory at the side of the road seemingly fine, but abandoned with a jacket and helmet on it. We're thinking since the bike was upright and such that he's probably taking a whiz but that it's proper biker etiquette to at least go back and make sure everyone's okay. We pull off to turn around and I look back and my buddy dropped his two week old LTD on the left side in the roadside gravel.  :o  We picked it up and the same thing, hardly a scratch... those guards are designed very well. MAjor bruise in the pride of course but that will heal.

Enjoy your new bike, your going to love it.  :2vrolijk_21:
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

JIMINVA

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »

It goes in Monday for the handlebar repair.  Left engine guard is still on order. Sux not riding the new baby but such is life.  R // Jim
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.