Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Freedom Cycle - New True Duals  (Read 11061 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Freedom Cycle - New True Duals
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 10:27:40 AM »

The pipes won't be availible until April at the soonest.....

Thanks Jim. Decisions, decisions! Let's see, maybe do the S&S's now and change exhaust system when I scrape them up and do the cams at the same time. Should be good 110" cams by then, hmmm....... ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 10:31:36 AM »

They're almost as ugly as the SPO's. They look great. I like them.

There ya go.  Howie, we finally found something we disagree on.  So far your taste has been excellent man.  But now you're lettin' me down!

All kidding aside, that's a funky looking muffler.  First impressions mean so much for this kind of hardware.  And everyone's opinions are (thankfully) different.  But I personally wouldn't run them.  Just too ugly (to me).  Those of you in line, however, congratulations on having something new and unique and that you do like.  Hope it performs as extreme as it looks!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 10:35:04 AM »

There ya go.  Howie, we finally found something we disagree on.  So far your taste has been excellent man.  But now you're lettin' me down!

All kidding aside, that's a funky looking muffler.  First impressions mean so much for this kind of hardware.  And everyone's opinions are (thankfully) different.  But I personally wouldn't run them.  Just too ugly (to me).  Those of you in line, however, congratulations on having something new and unique and that you do like.  Hope it performs as extreme as it looks!

That's all part of the appeal to me Don. The SPO's aren't exactly the prettiest looking mufflers to most people either. Best performance followed by controversial looks get my vote every time! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 10:39:35 AM »

That's all part of the appeal to me Don. The SPO's aren't exactly the prettiest looking mufflers to most people either. Best performance followed by controversial looks get my vote every time! ;) Hoist! 8)

To a point I'm willing to put function over form.  And I actually like the look of the SPOs that so many seem not to.  But there is a fine line between controversial and Utt Bugly.  Those busted triangle bug eyed mufflers are just Utt Bugly  :huepfenlol2: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 10:52:51 AM »

To a point I'm willing to put function over form.  And I actually like the look of the SPOs that so many seem not to.  But there is a fine line between controversial and Utt Bugly.  Those busted triangle bug eyed mufflers are just Utt Bugly  :huepfenlol2: .

Cool!!! 8) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 10:56:01 AM »

Cool!!! 8) Hoist! 8)

Cool......?  Whadya expect from a guy that still has nipple issues  :nixweiss: .   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 11:02:47 AM »

Cool......?  Whadya expect from a guy that still has nipple issues  :nixweiss: .   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Hey Don. now that you mention that, I haven't found anything in the "Pasty" department for them. Looked at HD & JP catalog. Couldn't find anything. Any product specifics? ;) Hoist! 8)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »

Thanks Jim. Decisions, decisions! Let's see, maybe do the S&S's now and change exhaust system when I scrape them up and do the cams at the same time. Should be good 110" cams by then, hmmm....... ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist, a little bird told me that the 110 cams will be ready any day now....ssshhhh!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 11:10:46 AM »

Hey Don. now that you mention that, I haven't found anything in the "Pasty" department for them. Looked at HD & JP catalog. Couldn't find anything. Any product specifics? ;) Hoist! 8)

Had something on my last Road King for awhile that looked better than just the black toggles.  Will have to find record of what it was and I'll let you know.

Before I forget to mention it later though even the chromed covers on the toggles were only a temporarily solution.  The best solution ended up being one of those auxiliary switch housings that HD offers and just doing away with the toggles entirely.

That made it look better and moved the switches up on my left thumb where they were more convenient anyway.  Ended up with the spot light switch there, a switch for the running lamps I'd put on the crash bar and a master switch for the cruise control kit that I'd added to that bike.  But you could move the spot lamp toggle there and use the other two holes for that funky little LCD clock they offer.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 11:14:20 AM »

I too have been on the list for some while now, driven by the Rinehart interference issue. Now that I've seen them.....

They are funky looking. I was hoping for more cool looking instead of funky looking.

Now what to do?

Chief

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 11:20:35 AM »

I too have been on the list for some while now, driven by the Rinehart interference issue. Now that I've seen them.....

They are funky looking. I was hoping for more cool looking instead of funky looking.

Now what to do?

Chief

For me "funky" was always a word used when I was afraid to admit (to myself more often than not) that I was spending money on was really uglier than Hillary Clinton's dirty bloomers.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 11:27:32 AM »

Now what to do?

Chief

Aside from Don's fascination with dirty underwear....I sort of went round and round with the looks issue myself.  It is just the end cap that I waffled over.  I saved the pictures off that they sent me and supersized them to get a closer look.  That's when I went full circle and decided they would look ok after all.  I imagine it is one of those products where you have to see it first hand to fully appreciate.  Sort of like the bikes we own...looking at pictures don't do any of 'em justice.

ez
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »

For me "funky" was always a word used when I was afraid to admit (to myself more often than not) that I was spending money on was really uglier than Hillary Clinton's dirty bloomers.

It's Hillary's ankles, Man....

The pipes are interesting...I don't mind the shape of the mufflers themselves so much, but I'll have to say those double Gecko eyes don't do a thing for me.  A hole maintaining the trapezoidal look would have worked better.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 11:35:47 AM »

Well, there won't be anymore mistaking or associating Freedom pipes with Rineharts once they come out with those. :wink2:

I like a simple, round muffler (a la stock) on a Harley, myself, which is why the SPOs and these look so odd to me.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »

I'm sorry, after talking to Brad, and hear him rave over how these pipes aren't like anything else out there, and based on their previous design, I was really looking forward to getting my set in April.

I guess its back to Rinehart / V&H coin toss.

I'm sorry, James and Brad. These may be some kick-a$$ performing mufflers, but....

Chief
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.