Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Freedom Cycle - New True Duals  (Read 11062 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Freedom Cycle - New True Duals
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 11:38:14 AM »

... and having the exposed baffle screws visible from every angle .....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 11:39:09 AM »

Aside from Don's fascination with dirty underwear....I sort of went round and round with the looks issue myself.  It is just the end cap that I waffled over.  I saved the pictures off that they sent me and supersized them to get a closer look.  That's when I went full circle and decided they would look ok after all.  I imagine it is one of those products where you have to see it first hand to fully appreciate.  Sort of like the bikes we own...looking at pictures don't do any of 'em justice.

ez

That's completely true.  Lots of first impressions have been reversed when something actually was finally seen in application on the street.  Hopefully these would look great hanging in the wild.  Good luck to all you brave souls looking to hang these bloomers on your bike  :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 11:41:32 AM »

It's Hillary's ankles, Man....

The pipes are interesting...I don't mind the shape of the mufflers themselves so much, but I'll have to say those double Gecko eyes don't do a thing for me.  A hole maintaining the trapezoidal look would have worked better.

That was my first thought when I saw the first image Terry.  Would (to me) be a much better look if the outside shape/contour had been continued to the inside.  Still ugly; but better.  As is I expect that guy with the German helmet on Laugh In to keep looking up from behind his binoculars.

... and having the exposed baffle screws visible from every angle .....

Umm, Chief?  Just want to make sure.  But are you talking about the mufflers here or Hillary?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 04:16:49 PM by Twolanerider »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 05:33:04 PM »

Stop hating the looks so much everyone. You're making me want them even more! I'm not waiting for them though. I'll be putting on the V&H TDs/SPOs this week. Next winter work will be cams and then maybe TMax AT and this exhaust system too! Man it sure is fun not worrying about w.....ty! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 06:47:55 PM »

Stop hating the looks so much everyone. You're making me want them even more! I'm not waiting for them though. I'll be putting on the V&H TDs/SPOs this week. Next winter work will be cams and then maybe TMax AT and this exhaust system too! Man it sure is fun not worrying about w.....ty! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie, when you make the second generation change to the Thundermax you're going to get Zipper's fancy Road King speedometer too aren't you?  You know, the one that lets you control and change AFR from the seat while going down the road?  And you're waiting how long to do this?

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 07:02:13 PM »

I didn,t like them when I first saw them, but after a few more looks they started to grow on me. For me having mellow pipes on slow cruz and the giddie-up when you get on it, Is what I,m after. They will be going on my ORANGE/BLACK 04 SEEG . As I told Ernie "if your a dog be a hairy dog" And when I find ORANGE CHAPS with fringes no one will notice the pipes-AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 07:26:55 PM »

Hey Howie, when you make the second generation change to the Thundermax you're going to get Zipper's fancy Road King speedometer too aren't you?  You know, the one that lets you control and change AFR from the seat while going down the road?  And you're waiting how long to do this?

I saw the speedo and it does a lot of slick stuff. ( http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=583&prod=2098 ). I didn't see anything about an adjustable AFR control built into it, and specifically for the TMax?

Uhhh....changes for next winter! :-\

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 07:31:37 PM »

I didn,t like them when I first saw them, but after a few more looks they started to grow on me. For me having mellow pipes on slow cruz and the giddie-up when you get on it, Is what I,m after. They will be going on my ORANGE/BLACK 04 SEEG . As I told Ernie "if your a dog be a hairy dog" And when I find ORANGE CHAPS with fringes no one will notice the pipes-AK

AK, you sure about them chaps?

I can understand the color orange but fringe, oh my  :nixweiss:

LOL...jeffj

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 10:28:53 PM »

Only comment I can make on these pipes is.. Everything isn't for everybody and from the looks these don't do it for me. I am interested in seeing what the gains will be, and hearing a set of them. There would have to be significant gains to make me want to get these, and then I'm not sure I would give up my Rinehart's. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 11:33:10 PM »

Only comment I can make on these pipes is.. Everything isn't for everybody and from the looks these don't do it for me. I am interested in seeing what the gains will be, and hearing a set of them. There would have to be significant gains to make me want to get these, and then I'm not sure I would give up my Rinehart's. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I'm with you d00d. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I saw those photos. When Brad told me "They're not like anything else on the market today." I was hoping that was going to be a good thing.

Chief

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2007, 11:56:13 PM »

I was hoping that was going to be a good thing.

Are you saying they are  :puke:

Or just :sick2:

But definitely not :kiss2: ?

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2007, 12:16:37 AM »

Im  glad i dont have to say  cause i wouldnt be saying much good about the looks.  funky is at least acceptable but  honda parts on a harley  dosnt look to eagle-like :o
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2007, 10:38:49 AM »

I am a very happy and loyal customer of Freedom Cycles of Reno, NV
At the moment I am not looking on making any additional changes to my 06 CUSE
However, if I was I would still probably go back with Brad @ Freedom Cycles as I am so thankful for their Awesome customer service.
If the MoCo comes out with a 2008 SERG - mine will be shipped to Reno for Brad to work his magic and then on to hd-dude's for all the other bling

For the record I am not overly thrilled with the look of the new Freedom muffler but like many things looks can be deceiving

jeffj

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 07:54:14 PM »

Aren't they going to sell these as a package thru drag speciaties?  Under the Yuill Bros name not freedom cycle.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

cigarmike

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2007, 09:42:01 PM »

And when I find ORANGE CHAPS with fringes no one will notice the pipes-AK

Andy, Friends dont let friends wear orange chaps with fringes. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.