Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Freedom Cycle - New True Duals  (Read 11126 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Freedom Cycle - New True Duals
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2007, 09:49:29 PM »

At the risk of offending anyone, those are without a doubt the ugliest mufflers this side of a Gold Wing I've ever seen.  :oops: Sorry !

B B

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2007, 10:59:58 PM »

Andy, Friends dont let friends wear orange chaps with fringes. 

Thanks Mike,Jeff Week moment on my part. You guys brought me back from the edge,,,,,,,,,AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

cigarmike

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2007, 12:33:15 PM »

Im not going to comment on the looks of the pipes, cause to each their own, ...I will however tell you that I wont ride behind anyone that has these pipes, simply because I dont like anyone staring at me .
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 12:01:47 PM by Mike L »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2007, 01:07:22 PM »

Those little tubes must be where the pump emits the smoke screen and pepper spray for crotch rocket riders.

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »

Those little tubes must be where the pump emits the smoke screen and pepper spray for crotch rocket riders.

That’s funny, I was just about to inquire if anyone knew what they were.

Gregg

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2007, 05:14:39 PM »

I didn,t like them when I first saw them, but after a few more looks they started to grow on me. For me having mellow pipes on slow cruz and the giddie-up when you get on it, Is what I,m after. They will be going on my ORANGE/BLACK 04 SEEG . As I told Ernie "if your a dog be a hairy dog" And when I find ORANGE CHAPS with fringes no one will notice the pipes-AK

And I told Andy that I would ride with him wearing orange chaps!   :huepfenjump3:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2007, 10:38:04 PM »

Ok, I made a reverse decision here....I decided to go with the current design of Freedom Duals.  The order was to go in today.  I have to confess that the more I looked at those new design muffs, the less I cared for them.  Actually, it was the end caps that did it...I could have lived with the overall trapezoidal look...but the mini two-barrel look just didn't cut it for me.   Yeah, the new design may have a couple extra hp&tq numbers, but the current design looks like it belongs on a H-D.   

I spoke with Mark Yuill, late yesterday about ordering a set of the current duals and we discussed the "new design".  I offered up my opinion and my reasoning for going with the current duals...in the end, we agreed that the new looks just aren't for everyone...it's more of an "acquired taste" you might say.   So, if you like Scotch whiskey, you might like the new muffs. 

Also, FYI, for those who are going to hold out and continue to remain on the waiting list for the new stuff, you might also like to know that the "tool up" date is being pushed back.  I didn't get detail information other than there is some frustration going on in getting the "new" system geared up...so maybe an additional 1-2 months.  You might call for yourself to get more detailed information and a more exact timeframe. 

Regardless, the Yuill Bros are the greatest and provide some of the best products and customer service you will ever find not to mention their outstanding technical advice too.  Too bad some of the other "industry leaders" don't follow these guy's lead...the world would be a much better place.

Anyway, I can't wait for the box to arrive so I can get these things mounted and get tuned.

ez

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2007, 08:28:36 AM »

Is there going to be an optional end cap for these things or is that the final choice?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2007, 10:56:07 AM »

Theres only one end cap for now.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2007, 11:21:10 AM »

At the risk of offending anyone, those are without a doubt the ugliest mufflers this side of a Gold Wing I've ever seen.  :oops: Sorry !

B B

Hey! Brian
You know the old saying, beauty is only skin deep, But ugly is clear to the bone !!! Boy! me too I agree there bad!! I ordered a pair of the old style from Freedom and they were send to H-D Dudes I had him double check to make sure they were'nt these.

Don

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »

Ok, I made a reverse decision here....I decided to go with the current design of Freedom Duals.  The order was to go in today.  I have to confess that the more I looked at those new design muffs, the less I cared for them.  Actually, it was the end caps that did it...I could have lived with the overall trapezoidal look...but the mini two-barrel look just didn't cut it for me.   Yeah, the new design may have a couple extra hp&tq numbers, but the current design looks like it belongs on a H-D.   

I spoke with Mark Yuill, late yesterday about ordering a set of the current duals and we discussed the "new design".  I offered up my opinion and my reasoning for going with the current duals...in the end, we agreed that the new looks just aren't for everyone...it's more of an "acquired taste" you might say.   So, if you like Scotch whiskey, you might like the new muffs

Also, FYI, for those who are going to hold out and continue to remain on the waiting list for the new stuff, you might also like to know that the "tool up" date is being pushed back.  I didn't get detail information other than there is some frustration going on in getting the "new" system geared up...so maybe an additional 1-2 months.  You might call for yourself to get more detailed information and a more exact timeframe. 

Regardless, the Yuill Bros are the greatest and provide some of the best products and customer service you will ever find not to mention their outstanding technical advice too.  Too bad some of the other "industry leaders" don't follow these guy's lead...the world would be a much better place.

Anyway, I can't wait for the box to arrive so I can get these things mounted and get tuned.

ez
I love scotch, especially a good single malt, (as Ecqons calls it, "Nector of the Gods"), and those mufflers are just plain butt ugly...maybe with different end caps they could be salvaged.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Tros

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »

I saw the speedo and it does a lot of slick stuff. ( http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=583&prod=2098 ). I didn't see anything about an adjustable AFR control built into it, and specifically for the TMax?

Uhhh....changes for next winter! :-\

Hoist! 8)

That's a neat speedo/combo thingie. 

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2007, 05:40:35 PM »

I have been talking to the folks at Freedom  
I can see what you mean about being overwhelmed by the looks, and yes, they do look like they came off of a Goldwing. I really like my freedoms, I dont think I could put those new ones on my bike. Just my opinion of course.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »

Does anyone have any updates on these pipes.  Can't get any info at all from their website other than the pictures.

Thanks
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2007, 06:44:04 PM »

Does anyone have any updates on these pipes.  Can't get any info at all from their website other than the pictures.

Thanks

They are still in production. should be out very soon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.