Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is a Fair Price for a 2013 CVO Breakout?  (Read 2064 times)

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
What is a Fair Price for a 2013 CVO Breakout?
« on: April 06, 2018, 04:30:31 PM »

What is a Fair Price for a 2013 CVO Breakout?

The bike has around 700 miles on it and is completely stock. The owner is asking $26,000!! This appears to be almost $5K over KBB retail.

I think a fair price is $18 - $19K

Any thoughts,

Thanks

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: What is a Fair Price for a 2013 CVO Breakout?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 05:15:19 PM »

Since you asked for thoughts.....here is my .02 on asking a fair price of any vehicle on the Internet.
It always boils down to supply and demand and generally the owner thinks their vehicle is always worth more than it's true market value due to some emotions involved as well as money on accessories and mods.. They may have also paid one of those silly dealership inflated prices above msrp and the owner is trying to get some or all of their money back. Once reality sets in about the real market price they may come down to your price.
The flip side is how much is that bike worth to you? If you have to have it now then I guess you pay the owner's price, otherwise I would just leave him your info and best price. If he gets no other offers he may call you to make the sale. The beauty is you don't absolutely need the bike and it's not a "one only" item so even if you don't buy this bike another one will come up for sale eventually.
I personally don't trust most Internet sites for pricing if it's done anonymously since there seems to be many people who love messing with people and make up inflated or unusually low prices to throw off the original poster. How do you know they really paid that price for theirs and did it have same mileage,maintenance and accessories etc.?

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 11:51:42 PM »

Yes. I agree. Maybe the seller will come to reality and I will buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 08:23:49 AM »

It could be that the mileage is so low. Seven hundred miles is like getting a brand new bike. I don't know how many 2013 CVO Breakouts are around, but that would probably be one of the lowest mileage bikes out there. Not saying you should pay full price...just saying I can understand why he wants so much money for the bike. Try negotiating. You never know. If he knows you are serious and have the money, things might change in your favor.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »

He is basically asking almost original MSRP for the bike ($26,999 MSRP), so I'm guessing he paid way over MSRP and wants the next guy to help him recoup some of the extra money he threw away.  Or he has fallen for the old fable about how Harley's retain a very high percentage of their original price (low or no depreciation); if so he is delusional and hasn't been paying attention for the past ten years.  Btw, NADA shows average retail at $17,500 for that bike.  Bump it a grand or two for low mileage if you want, but it's still worth maybe $20k max. 

As VaEagle mentioned, it ultimately comes down to how badly you want the bike.  If you really want to pay MSRP for a five year old bike, that's up to you.  I think I'd do as previously suggested and just give the seller a best offer price and let him know how long you'll wait for an answer.  I always assume people asking way too much will eventually come to their senses when no one bites, but I've been wrong on more than one occasion.  They can always find another guy just like them who will pay way too much.  There still seems to be a fairly large number of people who continue to think it's still 1999.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »

If he goes to 19 or 20 I will consider it.

At the current price it won’t sell.

jhuff

• CVO1: 2011.5 SEBB
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Breakout
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 09:31:08 PM »

I have 650 miles on mine....and would not sell it at any price...best looking of all with the full chrome wheels. IMHO.   :)
Jim

overkill19

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 08:39:08 AM »

I just bought my Molten silver from South Carolina and had it shipped to Alberta
I paid 19500 usd and the about $3000 in shipping and fees so I’m into it for 29000cad it had 1100 miles came with custom dynamics leds kit 2 fobs,and a cover

I sold my 2013 Crimson last year with 5000kms on it for 30000cad

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 01:58:14 PM »

$19,500 is a fair price. $26,000 with no upgrades is crazy.

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 03:49:49 PM »

Check Cycletrader - seems to be a bunch for sale!

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.