• CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
Re: 2018
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2017, 10:05:44 AM »

it really is a beauty in person ...

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2017, 06:22:17 PM »

I got my limited last Friday, "black earth fade", under natural light the color is completely different from the official pic. More exactly, the color changes slightly according to the ambiant luminosity. It may explain why HD pictures seem to show different bikes that the one you get for real. I'll try to post a few pics anyway.
You live in a beautiful part of the world. I spent 9 days in Monaco 15 years ago and took a couple of trips into Cannes. Great roads, food and people!
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

bpf

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2017, 01:59:31 AM »

I was in Monaco Sunday, then went to Sainte Agnes, a very nice village 750m above sea level with a very nice sight on the surroundings and the sea. A nice ride with my girlfriend and cool music... however I think we ride differently from what I've seen in the US (being on a motorbike and waiting inline behind cars at a traffic light is pure science fiction here)

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2017, 05:58:41 PM »

I was in Monaco Sunday, then went to Sainte Agnes, a very nice village 750m above sea level with a very nice sight on the surroundings and the sea. A nice ride with my girlfriend and cool music... however I think we ride differently from what I've seen in the US (being on a motorbike and waiting inline behind cars at a traffic light is pure science fiction here)

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk
No kidding, we have a hard enough time getting them not to run us off the road as it is.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

sunset666

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Limited 2018 Black Earth Fade
    • CVO2: SG 2016 Carbon Crystal (traded)
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2017, 02:59:50 PM »

I recently got my brand new Limited in Black Earth Fade, as bpf said, it is a color you have to see to really understand.

I traded my 2016 FLHXSE, and the feeling of the M8 is really nice, I almost can compare it to my 1997 Heritage Springer Evo, your thinking about the new colors focused to the non US market might be right, some of us didn't quite like those bright CVOs with tons of chrome.

The M8 is still a hot engine (as the TC was), runs a little bit cooler that my previous 110 and I can hear the fans of the radiator work while riding (I don't recall this on the SG, but maybe it was because of the boom audio II), I'll switch to ceramic coated pipes, which helped a lot with the 110 as soon as I recover from the trade.

I'll work the highway pegs position since the hot air coming from the radiator indeed burns your legs as bpf also said, but overall I'm really happy with the trade and planing to get me back the boom II (I start to really miss that).

bpf

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2017, 09:54:28 AM »

I recently got my brand new Limited in Black Earth Fade, as bpf said, it is a color you have to see to really understand.

I traded my 2016 FLHXSE, and the feeling of the M8 is really nice, I almost can compare it to my 1997 Heritage Springer Evo, your thinking about the new colors focused to the non US market might be right, some of us didn't quite like those bright CVOs with tons of chrome.

The M8 is still a hot engine (as the TC was), runs a little bit cooler that my previous 110 and I can hear the fans of the radiator work while riding (I don't recall this on the SG, but maybe it was because of the boom audio II), I'll switch to ceramic coated pipes, which helped a lot with the 110 as soon as I recover from the trade.

I'll work the highway pegs position since the hot air coming from the radiator indeed burns your legs as bpf also said, but overall I'm really happy with the trade and planing to get me back the boom II (I start to really miss that).

Glad I didn't write too much stupid things  ;) I hope you enjoy the bike!

Friday was a difficult day here, we got small hail and a 3-4 C° temp, that made a snow-like mess on the road. I was stupid to ignore the weather report in the morning... anyway I survived to hill descents in neutral at 1 or 2 km/h, mostly braking with the front brake since I had to keep both feet on the ground most of the time to keep the bike upright (stupidity stroke again, I had sneakers instead of my waterproof Alpinestar..). Other bikers were also having troubles, especially the ones with higher bikes, what a chance to have such a low gravity center on HD... However with me the bike is north of 500KG and in some hills, it was very close to slip at rest even when braking to full stop. I hate putting my feet on the ground but I didn't want to take risks, it would have been terrible to fall. Thinking about what would be needed to put the bike back upright in such conditions removed any remains of self-esteem, I let my feet sink in cold water/hail to add supplementary brake surface.

After all of that, when I finally escaped from this frozen hail/hell and went back to sea level with a 7C° temp, riding under rain was a joke, I relaxed a lot, up to the point where I could see that handling is correct under rain and could be trusted, at least when the road has been washed of greasy products. Only problem I found is what I already heard under previous (small) trips with rain, the front brake is noisy when wet, maybe the brake pad type ? The OEM tires are also good enough.

B.

sunset666

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Limited 2018 Black Earth Fade
    • CVO2: SG 2016 Carbon Crystal (traded)
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2018, 03:40:33 PM »

Well, I'm in love of this milwaukee motor, I expended some cash making it safe and somehow transforming the HDI bike to a more domestic one.

Added the wrapping tourpak light with Turn/Brake/Run (just that brake on turn corners wasn't activated had to add a custom dynamics triple play to it, reversing connectors), electra glo saddlebag lights (same as the tour pak, another CD TP), smoked brake with light on top (HDI bikes comes with red and license plate at bottom).

Had to mask the turn light bar led so they aren't amber (I considered a ridiculous amount of money to buy those on red), and now it grasp attention on every driver behind me (at least I hope so).

mxkenny

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2018, 03:25:42 PM »

As of today 9 March 2018 we have 49 out of the 1200 Anniversary CVO Limited’s listed.  Please help spread the word, and let others know that if they purchase a 2018 Anniversary CVO Limited we would like them to join the “Harley Davidson 115 Anniversary CVO Limited” Group and post a photo of their bike number and location.  Our highest number so far is 695; it would appear that production and shipping are not that far over 60%.  Check out and join other groups as well, I am a member of 7 Harley Davidson related groups and typically post in all of them.     

#1 – Krasnoyarsk, Russia
#4 – Orange County, California
#23 – Zwijndrecht, Belgium
#25 – Vietnam
#64 – Poland
#66 – Japan
#102 – Bayonne, France
#146 – Kaisermatt, Switzerland
#158 – El Cajon, California
#177 – Indiana
#182 – Kansas City, Missouri
#185 – Leverkusen, Germany
#186 – Cagliari, Italy
#196 – Lugano, Switzerland
#217 – Zanesville, Ohio
#223 – Kokomo, Indiana
#228 – Kuwait
#243 – Lake County, Indiana
#247 – Madison, Alabama
#251 – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
#256 – Portsmouth, Virginia
#267 – Valencia, California
#288 – Mansfield, Pennsylvania
#355 – Valencia, California
#356 – Tucson, Arizona
#362 – Tinley Park, Illinois
#368 – Langhorne, Pennsylvania
#373 – Texarkana, Texas
#400 – Mason, Ohio
#412 – Stafford, Texas
#422 – Shakopee, Minnesota
#427 – Athens, Alabama
#449 – Salinas, California
#468 – Downers Grove, Illinois
#490 – Marysville, Washington
#515 – Chandler, Texas
#524 – Loma Linda, California
#540 – London Ontario, Canada
#546 – Terre Haute, Indiana 
#564 – Portland, Main 
#577 – Chandler, Arizona 
#580 – Tulsa, Oklahoma 
#584 – New Castle, Indiana
#619 – Saint Peter, Wisconsin
#633 – Topeka, Kansas 
#672 – Ridge Harbor, Florida
#678 – Barrie, Ontario
#695 – Edgewater, Florida
#757 – Valparaiso, Indiana

Note:  Bike #1 in Russia seems unlikely but I asked for a second photo of the bike number from another angle and they sent it.  I also asked HOG Magazine to contact the factory to verify. 

PFWiz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2018, 09:33:00 AM »

MX, quit copying the same darn post to every thread!

Seriously dude!

ultrarider123

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2018, 10:54:14 AM »

As of today 9 March 2018 we have 49 out of the 1200 Anniversary CVO Limited’s listed.  Please help spread the word, and let others know that if they purchase a 2018 Anniversary CVO Limited we would like them to join the “Harley Davidson 115 Anniversary CVO Limited” Group and post a photo of their bike number and location.  Our highest number so far is 695; it would appear that production and shipping are not that far over 60%.  Check out and join other groups as well, I am a member of 7 Harley Davidson related groups and typically post in all of them.     

Hey MX, is that 7 Harley Davidson groups and post the same post multiple times in all of them OR you are new member here and post the same thing at least 7 times each time....just askin' cause as PF stated, we's tired of seeing the same thing over and over again, sir.  Just post it once and we will see it.... ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:56:46 AM by Haird »

Tobias7000

• Burgundy Sun Glow Fade
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OR

• CVO1: 2018 Limited - Burgundy Sun Glow Fade
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2018, 01:36:04 AM »

pic of the Red Fade...

Just turned 900 miles on mine.  The Burgandy Sunglow Fade is a real eye catcher in person... if you like those color pallets of course. My last bike was blue, so this one is red  :)

Tobias
==============
No mods yet to my new 2018 CVO

HotRodFXR3

• NV

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3
    • CVO2: 2005 Fatboy Screamin Eagle
    • CVO3: 2018 Ultra Limited
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2018, 06:56:09 PM »

Looks like my local dealer wasn’t getting the black earth fade CVO I wanted, so I changed my mind and am now going with the burgundy cherry. The thing is I want to change the pipes to black chrome to match the front. Doing a web search and it seems impossible. Any ideas??

bpf

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2018, 05:28:16 PM »

I reached 13000km (8K miles) "thanks" to the different strikes we have here these days in public transportation. (I rode 2000+ miles last week). The 117 engine is a permanent joy. No significant problems with the bike but:

- bugs with Boom Audio (sometimes losing the set language (it falls back to English), losing the current album/playlist nearly all the time after ignition off, navigation is sometimes giving stupid direction (happens with all nav systems I ever had), if navigation was engaged when switching ignition off, sometimes I have no audio for the nav at the next ignition on, etc. I asked a dealership to upgrade it to the latest version to no avail). IMHO either the underlying hardware isn't designed correctly regarding BA power needs when the bike is turned off, and/or the contractor programming BA should change of job since those bugs are reported for years. However when BA works correctly, it is really a nice system.

- the warning/flashers button is badly placed, once I pressed it in a hurry to report to following cagers that the traffic was slowing down quickly and by mistake I turned the engine off.

- if the rear tire is hot at ignition on, sometimes the TPMS reads 000 and stay at that value. TPMS saved my day if not my life when it detected a 1 bar/14.5 PSI drop (got a punctured rear tire, had to replace it and the 000 problem started to appear at that time, will have the valve checked at the next service, maybe the guy that changed the tire didn't followed whatever procedure is required for this valve).

I didn't think first that I would use often the Bluetooth hand free kit but in the end I often do because of the time I spend on the bike, people calls me when I ride. The kit works well, even with my terrible modular helmet that makes a lot of aerodynamic noise.

I still don't understand what the front air vent is supposed to do, maybe whatever it is supposed to do doesn't happen because of the windshield bags I have.

The front tire is now very close to retirement. I know I must not ride at 100 mph+ but I sometimes do and I think that the lack of accuracy at these speeds could come from the tire itself. The stock tires are bias ply, I would like to change the two for radials to see the result, expecting to trade longevity for better handling. It seems that the Metzeler M888 are radials, I didn't find other radials for that type of bike, did anyone test radial tires on a HD touring ?

I did a lot of miles/km under the rain, I still don't feel completely comfortable even if the road is clean because the rain washed it: that's another reason I would like to test new tires.

Once I lost the key fob, I think I forgot it on the rear seat and I didn't see the "No key fob" alert: in a perfect world, it should appear on BA or make some warning sound. The first replacement key fob I got from the dealership didn't work, they had to order a second one (it takes weeks to get one).

At last: zilch oil loss (not a single drop from the air filter), no leakage of any kind, fuel consumption gives me regularly 300km (186 miles) at highway speed (here 130kph/80mph), even the remaining range given by the computer is often correct, the engine ticks like a Swiss clock whatever the external temp/humidity, IMHO the 117 M8 is a total success, the bike is an excellent one and if handling could be improved a bit at high speed and BA bugs fixed, it would be the best touring bike!

Tobias7000

• Burgundy Sun Glow Fade
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OR

• CVO1: 2018 Limited - Burgundy Sun Glow Fade
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2018, 06:46:29 PM »

I reached 13000km (8K miles) "thanks" to the different strikes we have here these days in public transportation. (I rode 2000+ miles last week). The 117 engine is a permanent joy. No significant problems with the bike but:

- bugs with Boom Audio (sometimes losing the set language (it falls back to English), losing the current album/playlist nearly all the time after ignition off, navigation is sometimes giving stupid direction (happens with all nav systems I ever had), if navigation was engaged when switching ignition off, sometimes I have no audio for the nav at the next ignition on, etc. I asked a dealership to upgrade it to the latest version to no avail). IMHO either the underlying hardware isn't designed correctly regarding BA power needs when the bike is turned off, and/or the contractor programming BA should change of job since those bugs are reported for years. However when BA works correctly, it is really a nice system.

- the warning/flashers button is badly placed, once I pressed it in a hurry to report to following cagers that the traffic was slowing down quickly and by mistake I turned the engine off.

- if the rear tire is hot at ignition on, sometimes the TPMS reads 000 and stay at that value. TPMS saved my day if not my life when it detected a 1 bar/14.5 PSI drop (got a punctured rear tire, had to replace it and the 000 problem started to appear at that time, will have the valve checked at the next service, maybe the guy that changed the tire didn't followed whatever procedure is required for this valve).

I didn't think first that I would use often the Bluetooth hand free kit but in the end I often do because of the time I spend on the bike, people calls me when I ride. The kit works well, even with my terrible modular helmet that makes a lot of aerodynamic noise.

I still don't understand what the front air vent is supposed to do, maybe whatever it is supposed to do doesn't happen because of the windshield bags I have.

The front tire is now very close to retirement. I know I must not ride at 100 mph+ but I sometimes do and I think that the lack of accuracy at these speeds could come from the tire itself. The stock tires are bias ply, I would like to change the two for radials to see the result, expecting to trade longevity for better handling. It seems that the Metzeler M888 are radials, I didn't find other radials for that type of bike, did anyone test radial tires on a HD touring ?

I did a lot of miles/km under the rain, I still don't feel completely comfortable even if the road is clean because the rain washed it: that's another reason I would like to test new tires.

Once I lost the key fob, I think I forgot it on the rear seat and I didn't see the "No key fob" alert: in a perfect world, it should appear on BA or make some warning sound. The first replacement key fob I got from the dealership didn't work, they had to order a second one (it takes weeks to get one).

At last: zilch oil loss (not a single drop from the air filter), no leakage of any kind, fuel consumption gives me regularly 300km (186 miles) at highway speed (here 130kph/80mph), even the remaining range given by the computer is often correct, the engine ticks like a Swiss clock whatever the external temp/humidity, IMHO the 117 M8 is a total success, the bike is an excellent one and if handling could be improved a bit at high speed and BA bugs fixed, it would be the best touring bike!
Good assessment, thanks.  I’m really liking the 117 too.   I’m coming from an 2005 Goldwing so real big change for me.  I’m sold on this CVO.   

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tobias
==============
No mods yet to my new 2018 CVO

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2018, 10:30:16 AM »

Good assessment, thanks.  I’m really liking the 117 too.   I’m coming from an 2005 Goldwing so real big change for me.  I’m sold on this CVO.   

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That says a lot coming from a former Goldwing rider.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 21 queries.