Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Another 114 M8 Bad Oil Pump  (Read 29843 times)

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Another 114 M8 Bad Oil Pump
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2018, 06:50:14 PM »

sounds like the bike has been in their possession longer than yours.... sad  :-\
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

costablanca

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2018, 03:27:40 PM »

Almost!! sad but true!

I have asked HD UK to look into it to see what can be done, I will let you know how I get on.  Apparently this has gone right to the top of HD UK.

If as I expect they do nothing, I have registered the domain www.myharleynightmare.com (not live yet) which I will use to tell the whole story right from the beginning including all disasters so the entire biking community is made aware of the things that can happen and how we get treated when they do.

If they don't help me and find a solution, the website will be built, live and will be in 6 languages, followed by twitter, facebook, instagram and Youtube, just to get the message across.

This is not me being bitter or vengeful, I just refuse to let anyone get away with treating me like this.

I will only talk about and write exactly what has happened from the start, with no personal opinions at all.

Ride safely everyone!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2018, 01:25:17 AM »

I have asked HD UK to look into it to see what can be done, I will let you know how I get on.  Apparently this has gone right to the top of HD UK.
Does the UK have an equivalent to the US "Lemon Law?"  US lemon laws require the dealer/manufacturer to buy back the faulty vehicle at full purchase price (possibly with some deduction for mileage) if the vehicle has been unusable for some period of time, or has required repair for the same problem several times.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

costablanca

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2018, 04:18:30 AM »

I don't know, but so far there have been 2 seperate faults.

What I need to check is if I have any legal stance at all because of the bike being out of my hands for 6 months, having owned it only since april 2017

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2018, 12:05:59 AM »

I don't know, but so far there have been 2 seperate faults.

What I need to check is if I have any legal stance at all because of the bike being out of my hands for 6 months, having owned it only since april 2017
In the US the law is very specific and I am sure it is on that side of the pond as well. You should find out what that is before so you are "armed" if you decide to go down that road. Speaking from experience they will play hard ball with you if you do but if you have the law on your side it will work out. In the US it is about multiple "same" breakdowns and consecutive timing on repairs.
Alan
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.