Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gonna Take The Plunge..Michelin Commander II  (Read 1623 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Gonna Take The Plunge..Michelin Commander II
« on: October 19, 2017, 08:34:41 AM »

Gonna take the plunge and try the C II on the rear, Read some pretty favorable posts here and HTT. HD wants $307.95 for that friggin tire...plus an hour install, which is about right. bill out the door with tax $ 435.00.

Got the CII from Jake Wilson.https://www.jakewilson.com/c/343/Motorcycle-Tires-All

$190 delivered to my door, no tax ,no freight..$40.00 to mount and balance...
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

Re: Gonna Take The Plunge..Michelin Commander II
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 09:33:43 AM »

I have always run Metzelers on my bike.  I purchase a Michelin Commander for my rear as well.  My current rear has a few thousand miles left on it so I will probably put the Michelin this winter.

I have the Aspen Renegades wheels and the Metzeler 150/70B18 Reinforced tire is the largest I could get on the rear of this bike without some modification.  I have always liked this tire but for some reason, on this particular size, they put the nastiest bubble gum, mud infused crap coating on the sidewalls.  It would take me three hours to remove the wheel, mount and balance the new tire and reinstall it on the bike.  Then it would take 10 hours to remove this coating using every chemical known to mankind.  After 10 years of doing this I finally said never again!

Dumb reason I know!

TomBolt16CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2004 Road King Custom
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 08:09:36 PM »

Hey Texas 103,

I took the plunge as well.  The reviews on this site were favorable, but the reviews on Google, Amazon and Yelp were equally great!  I just put them on my CVO Street Glide last week.  So, we'll see how the tread life really goes. 

My first impressions are very good.  First, I really like the aggressive tread design.  That's what caused me to go with these tires over the American Elites.  The tires do seem to track the road quite well.  I also noticed they are quiet.  I took the bike out on some twisties this past weekend.  The bike performed very well.  I pushed the tires a little but not as much as I usually do.  350 miles later I'm still very happy.

Good luck with your purchase as well!
2016 CVO Street Glide, Twin-Cooled. Vance & Hines Power Duals w/HO mufflers. Dynojet Tune: 106HP, 126TQ. HD 4 in. Daymaker Projector LED auxiliary lamps. Öhlins suspension, front forks cartridge kit (FKS 226) and rear shocks (HD772).  Custom Dynamics LED turn signal inserts.  Michelin Commander 3's.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 08:41:42 PM »

This is the tire I've been running for several years.  No issues and very much like the tire. 

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 10:13:56 PM »

Gonna take the plunge and try the C II on the rear, Read some pretty favorable posts here and HTT. HD wants $307.95 for that friggin tire...plus an hour install, which is about right. bill out the door with tax $ 435.00.

Got the CII from Jake Wilson.https://www.jakewilson.com/c/343/Motorcycle-Tires-All

$190 delivered to my door, no tax ,no freight..$40.00 to mount and balance...

Greg, how are the Commander's treating you? Still happy?
Most great stores start with a bad decision

CJ CYCLE

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE CVO ROAD GLIDE
    • CJ CYCLE
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 11:59:45 PM »

Great choice!    :2vrolijk_21:
CHOPS

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.