Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: 2019 CVO's...any idea?  (Read 45047 times)

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: 2019 CVO's...any idea?
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2018, 01:37:04 PM »

I'm not sure there's many $43,000 motorcycle buyers in the "younger crowd". I have no clue why they would even care about the styling interests of 30 somethings when it comes to high end expensive toys like a CVO motorcycle. I'm guessing the average age of those buyer's putting down $40k on a motorcycle is 45-55 yrs old. Large numbers of younger bike riders will simply NEVER represent a large % of CVO buyers and it has nothing to do with styling and everything to do with the cost.

I think the real problem is too many younger guys in the HD marketing department and styling shop are trying to design a bike for what they "wish" they could afford. Unfortunately they are NOT the buyers and their designs end up turning off the real buyers (older riders) that can afford these more expensive bikes. HD is going to have to learn a very hard financial lesson. They need to build, design and style their bikes for the target audience that is likely to "afford" and buy them, not the target audience that "wishes" they could own one.

I suppose that 2019 CVO sales will determine if HD has a hit or not. With a declining market, I'd say either holding the number sold or increasing it marginally would be a marketing hit. Time will tell.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but I sense an overall lack of enthusiasm toward the 2019 models.   :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2018, 03:02:59 PM »

I'm not sure there's many $43,000 motorcycle buyers in the "younger crowd". I have no clue why they would even care about the styling interests of 30 somethings when it comes to high end expensive toys like a CVO motorcycle. I'm guessing the average age of those buyer's putting down $40k on a motorcycle is 45-55 yrs old. Large numbers of younger bike riders will simply NEVER represent a large % of CVO buyers and it has nothing to do with styling and everything to do with the cost.

I think the real problem is too many younger guys in the HD marketing department and styling shop are trying to design a bike for what they "wish" they could afford. Unfortunately they are NOT the buyers and their designs end up turning off the real buyers (older riders) that can afford these more expensive bikes. HD is going to have to learn a very hard financial lesson. They need to build, design and style their bikes for the target audience that is likely to "afford" and buy them, not the target audience that "wishes" they could own one.

Very well stated!!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2018, 03:14:04 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but I sense an overall lack of enthusiasm toward the 2019 models.   :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

I am enthused but no one wants to hear it. :) I think the colors are way better than last year. I like the idea of a new (hopefully improved) entertainment and navigation system. I like the 114" on the "Specials" and I like the new FXDR with a 114". Maybe it looks like a "YammY" but then that must be one good looking Yamaha. Oh, and I like the Chin Spoiler/Sideburns on the CVO Road Glides.

So all you haters, just SHOOT ME!

Simon

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2018, 03:58:40 PM »

I am enthused but no one wants to hear it. :) I think the colors are way better than last year. I like the idea of a new (hopefully improved) entertainment and navigation system. I like the 114" on the "Specials" and I like the new FXDR with a 114". Maybe it looks like a "YammY" but then that must be one good looking Yamaha. Oh, and I like the Chin Spoiler/Sideburns on the CVO Road Glides.

So all you haters, just SHOOT ME!

Simon

Not me not a hater, life is too short & you would probably just duck.   ;D

Colors are better than 2018.  But to me that's like saying one bowling shoe looks better than another one.  If the I-taint improved as much as claimed, that is a good thing.  Much needed.  114 in more models to me is not a bad thing.  I have one, I like it, just means there will be more of them out there.  Am not concerned with depreciation because of the 114 broader use because I don't buy bikes as an investment.

Am still more interested - not as a buyer - in the smaller street bikes.  If HD can produce a winner (or winners) there, it bodes well for them for the future.  If not they have wasted another boatload of money.  Water cooled or electrified, the 2 wheel times they are a-changing.  I may not be around to see it all but we are headed to a horseless carriage era without petroleum.  Blasphemy?  Of course.  Time marches on regardless.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »

Not me not a hater, life is too short & you would probably just duck.   ;D

Colors are better than 2018.  But to me that's like saying one bowling shoe looks better than another one.  If the I-taint improved as much as claimed, that is a good thing.  Much needed.  114 in more models to me is not a bad thing.  I have one, I like it, just means there will be more of them out there.  Am not concerned with depreciation because of the 114 broader use because I don't buy bikes as an investment.

Am still more interested - not as a buyer - in the smaller street bikes.  If HD can produce a winner (or winners) there, it bodes well for them for the future.  If not they have wasted another boatload of money.  Water cooled or electrified, the 2 wheel times they are a-changing.  I may not be around to see it all but we are headed to a horseless carriage era without petroleum.  Blasphemy?  Of course.  Time marches on regardless.

Understood.

Will we see touring models with Electronic Suspension Adjustment? How about onboard computers that adjust for road conditions by offering driving modes? I doubt it will happen on the touring models (at least anytime soon). However, I believe new models will be introduced and they will have those capabilities. The new ADV bike HD will offer next year should have those capabilities. If it doesn't, I predict it will be a loser in the market. The electrics will be interesting to watch. If the smaller one has a range of 120-130 miles, that could be a winner.

Only time will tell but I don't look for BIG changes in the touring models.

Simon

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2018, 05:13:58 PM »

Understood.

Will we see touring models with Electronic Suspension Adjustment? How about onboard computers that adjust for road conditions by offering driving modes? I doubt it will happen on the touring models (at least anytime soon). However, I believe new models will be introduced and they will have those capabilities. The new ADV bike HD will offer next year should have those capabilities. If it doesn't, I predict it will be a loser in the market. The electrics will be interesting to watch. If the smaller one has a range of 120-130 miles, that could be a winner.

Only time will tell but I don't look for BIG changes in the touring models.

Simon

Would be good to see HD offer Electric Suspension on the lead sleds, but am not holding my breath.  Agreed on your points.  If HD's new ADV bike doesn't have those features, it is DOA.  Electrics are the future, as least as it seems now.  When the ranges stretch to 150 or more with a very quick recharge - 30 minutes or less - the days of gas bikes will be numbered. 

On touring models it's HD, BMW, & Honda.  They set the standards, others  copy.  Indian was left out here on purpose, is possible they will lead as well in the future if they remain in business.  Do not see major changes except to features and safety and convenience - the platform - big, heavy cruisers with lots of cargo space & comfort - that is the platform for touring.

I wish Harley no ill will.  Hope to see them continue in business, for a variety of reasons.  If they cannot get the new models right, it will be painful to watch them adjust ever downward...

Mike

groupw

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: Silver/Silver '16 SERGU
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »

I'm not sure there's many $43,000 motorcycle buyers in the "younger crowd".

........ i'd tend to agree w/ya there

not the target audience that "wishes" they could own one.

........... that's referred to as 'aspirational design'  :-\

GSPLewie

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Big Red
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2018, 10:14:48 PM »

The craziest thing to me now.... a “special” is basically what a CVO would have been just a few years ago for $13,000 less money. HD’s sales are down for obvious reasons and yet they’re not addressing them.

Colors be damned, they have other serious issues going on. All the best to people that buy these new bikes. They’re all beautiful in their own way and have awesome tech. Just seems crazy how much more could be on these bikes for what they’re asking.

I just sold my 2012 CVO Street Glide and it took over a month, which was about a month longer than I thought it would take. And I had to lower price below what I thought too. Hope to get back on bike in future, but HD really has to address things. If I was buying tomorrow... it would be a special and save the coin.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2018, 10:28:56 PM »

The craziest thing to me now.... a “special” is basically what a CVO would have been just a few years ago for $13,000 less money. HD’s sales are down for obvious reasons and yet they’re not addressing them.

Colors be damned, they have other serious issues going on. All the best to people that buy these new bikes. They’re all beautiful in their own way and have awesome tech. Just seems crazy how much more could be on these bikes for what they’re asking.

I just sold my 2012 CVO Street Glide and it took over a month, which was about a month longer than I thought it would take. And I had to lower price below what I thought too. Hope to get back on bike in future, but HD really has to address things. If I was buying tomorrow... it would be a special and save the coin.

Not quite. A Special is still missing ALOT of upgrades from CVO Ultras even from a decade ago. No heated seat ($1100). No garage door opener. No CB. No heqdsets for rider and passenger included. No lighted hand controls. No LED turn signals. No luggage. No custom bike cover. No bag liners. No central power locks. No highway pegs. No upgraded floor boards and mirrors. No XM radio. No 75watt upgraded Sound system and upgraded speakers.

There’s still a very big difference between a “Special” or “Limited” compared to a CVO. But paint was also particularly special on the CVO and it clearly no longer stands out as unique when compared to other Harley’s. At least not to my eye.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:45:16 PM by Heatwave »

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2018, 10:34:28 PM »

For those who have contacts at the dealer show and have seen the 2019s in person, any idea if the 2019 touring bikes have a fan behind the oil cooler (especially the ones with chin spoiler) and can the fan that mounts behind the rear cylinder and vent in front of the rear tire be used on a 117 motor or is it included on the CVO? (I know funny one huh....) Serious though....... I can only imagine the 117 to be a hot motor for the rider and maybe even passenger.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2018, 11:22:27 PM »

All that trouble and you're gonna give the MoCo another $45K and let time tell?   ???
thats my settlement with MoCo. They offered me a 18 but I waited for a 19 hoping they would fix the sumping issue. What I mean by "time will tell" if they fixed it or not. Rep swears they have..
Alan

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2018, 12:07:52 AM »

thats my settlement with MoCo. They offered me a 18 but I waited for a 19 hoping they would fix the sumping issue. What I mean by "time will tell" if they fixed it or not. Rep swears they have..
Are you getting a Stage III or IV kit on it?  Waiting for you to wring it out and see if the sumping is fixed.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2018, 12:37:14 AM »

Are you getting a Stage III or IV kit on it?  Waiting for you to wring it out and see if the sumping is fixed.
Stage 4 like I had. I promise I will "wring it out" and will report. Going to follow the rules breaking it in but will start playing when I hit 1000 miles. Hoping for the best!
Alan

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2018, 06:10:59 AM »

For those who have contacts at the dealer show and have seen the 2019s in person, any idea if the 2019 touring bikes have a fan behind the oil cooler (especially the ones with chin spoiler) and can the fan that mounts behind the rear cylinder and vent in front of the rear tire be used on a 117 motor or is it included on the CVO? (I know funny one huh....) Serious though....... I can only imagine the 117 to be a hot motor for the rider and maybe even passenger.

I have not seen any of the new models yet.
But they do offer the new fan that sits (more or less) on top of the starter for our model year. Saw it on the "new arrivals" P&As.

I know it wasn't the exact answer you were looking for and I have no experience with the fan either.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 22 queries.