Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Trade for new 18 cvo street glide?  (Read 10521 times)

Robenrange

Trade for new 18 cvo street glide?
« on: December 23, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »

Looking to buy the new 18 cvo street glide. I have a 2011 green cvo street glide with 10,000 miles and they offered me 18k for it trade.  However they want 40k for the 18 plus $2k freight and setup fees plus tax of the difference. Basically they are telling me I owe 26-28k this doesn’t seem like a good deal at all to me or am I wrong?

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: Trade for new 18 cvo street glide?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 12:26:13 PM »

$2k for Freight and Setup is complete BS. Go find yourself an MSRP dealer who won't try to gouge you on the backend. If you are going to pay freight, don't pay more than is listed on the Harley website, it's a flat fee to dealers based on model. Setup is where they get real devious. I have seen anything from $295 to $1495. Again, IMHO if it's more than $495 it's a ripoff. Another consideration, if you wait longer, the less you will be - like Sept 2018 .. or go see them on the last day of January when they are motivated to sell.

Best of luck.
DH
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 12:44:50 PM by DesertHOG »

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 01:21:17 PM »

i'd never noticed this before until someone pointed it out to me, but dealer setup charges are a ripoff as well, no matter what they charge.  according to their specs page, the moco reimburses the dealer for all pdi done.  so if they charge you, they are getting paid twice for the same work.  quite a racket.

now i've always paid dealer prep as well, but going forward, i'll try like the dickens to get out of it.  course, the only number that matters is the bottom line otd price.  where they put the numbers on the contract is irrelevant as long as i'm happy with the final number.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »

scratch...Where did you find that info?....That would be great to have...

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 02:40:23 PM »

that is posted by hd on their website.  when you look at the bikes, and it gives you the link to view 'all specs and pricing'

at the bottom of this page.....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 06:42:56 PM »

Looking to buy the new 18 cvo street glide. I have a 2011 green cvo street glide with 10,000 miles and they offered me 18k for it trade.  However they want 40k for the 18 plus $2k freight and setup fees plus tax of the difference. Basically they are telling me I owe 26-28k this doesn’t seem like a good deal at all to me or am I wrong?

Exactly my experience, except mine is orange and 12 k miles....I contained my language and emotions and walked out.....  I did say SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!'!!!'!!!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 09:03:56 PM »

The $18k trade-in price is representative of current values, so it doesn't look like they're trying to rip you off too much on the trade.  You might want to push the low mileage factor and get them to bump it another grand.

The MSRP for the 2018 is $39949 and freight is $435 per H-D, for a total MSRP of $40384.  Anything in excess of that, not including tax and tags of course, is just the dealer trying to generate even more profit.  Considering the built-in gross profit at MSRP is around $8000, and they will probably ask about $24000 for your trade when they resell it, they already have more than enough profit built in to the deal without trying to rip you off for another $2000.

Find another dealer.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 09:36:05 PM »

Not sure where u r at, but we have 2 fair dealerships here around Lexington. I traded my 14 last December at Man o war Harley very well to a 17 SGCVO, and got money off. Sales guy was going to let me go visit a competing dealer in Louisville who had the one I wanted and said he didn't know when/if they would get the color I wanted.
Stopped in talked to my buddy just becoming the sales manager, he said hold on, I can find it and get it. In 10 minutes it was on its way. I test road the red, and in another hour made a very satisfying deal on mine not even in the floor.
Now is the time to deal, just find the right dealership no matter the bike or where they are. If the want the deal, they will make it happen

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

skorch

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE gunship Gray
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 06:46:29 AM »

I have been trying the same thing with my 2010 CVO street glide which has a lot of factory accessories added including paint matched king tour pack,lowers with boom audio....etc and the highest trade I have been offered at 5 dealers in the Carolinas is 13000 which is delusional and insane knowing full well they will get 24000 all day long trying to resell it comparing it to all the others I see listed and selling. Trying to sell it myself is the biggest pain in the ass especially this time of year so my only option is trying other states. Or may give up and keep mine forever.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »

I have been trying the same thing with my 2010 CVO street glide which has a lot of factory accessories added including paint matched king tour pack,lowers with boom audio....etc and the highest trade I have been offered at 5 dealers in the Carolinas is 13000 which is delusional and insane knowing full well they will get 24000 all day long trying to resell it comparing it to all the others I see listed and selling. Trying to sell it myself is the biggest pain in the ass especially this time of year so my only option is trying other states. Or may give up and keep mine forever.

Unfortunately that is the new normal for Harley's, even their most popular models.  They have become just like the auto market, with heavy depreciation the first few years of ownership, and Harley folks who haven't been in the market in the past several years are now getting the shock treatment.  Your case also illustrates what many have been saying for a long time, accessories and modifications don't count for much at trade-in time.

Hope you find a willing buyer soon.  Don't give up, someone out there will appreciate both the bike and your upgrades enough to pay a fair price.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 09:02:53 AM »

Unfortunately that is the new normal for Harley's, even their most popular models.  They have become just like the auto market, with heavy depreciation the first few years of ownership, and Harley folks who haven't been in the market in the past several years are now getting the shock treatment.  Your case also illustrates what many have been saying for a long time, accessories and modifications don't count for much at trade-in time.

Hope you find a willing buyer soon.  Don't give up, someone out there will appreciate both the bike and your upgrades enough to pay a fair price.

JMHO - Jerry

Dealers are also using the current week auction prices to determine trade in values. Many trade in bikes never see the dealer floor and are picked up by wholesalers and taken to the auction.

Nobody wants to be stuck with dead inventory these days.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:26:53 AM by CVOStreetglide »

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 11:04:48 AM »

i just traded my 2013 SERG with 48k + miles on it... want to know how much that was worth?? i had 6k in motor and bars i couldn't unbolt,   :nixweiss: PS i didnt trade for a new bike
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:07:46 AM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »

i just traded my 2013 SERG with 48k + miles on it... want to know how much that was worth?? i had 6k in motor and bars i couldn't unbolt,   :nixweiss: PS i didnt trade for a new bike

My guess is $16k maybe a bit more if they were generous and had good margin on the bike your were buying.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 09:11:44 AM »

Unfortunately added accessories or parts do not increase the trade in value.  They never have.  The bikes is worth what ever book value is for a 2010 CVO Street Glide is.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

skorch

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE gunship Gray
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 10:12:11 AM »

Unfortunately added accessories or parts do not increase the trade in value.  They never have.  The bikes is worth what ever book value is for a 2010 CVO Street Glide is.
Just talked to a dealer here and they just got a gunship street glide in but asking 5000 over Msrp, I told them to stick it up his ass!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.