Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: floorboard pics ?  (Read 4710 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: floorboard pics ?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 10:07:59 PM »

The floorboard kit arrived today.  Won't get a chance to mess with it until the weekend.  In a fancy box, obviously old, with graphics all over saying "Wyatt Gatling Collection."

Looking forward to see how (or if) they'll work this weekend.

zn14

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 11:57:21 AM »

I am very curious if you can get these floorboards to fit.  The FXR floorboards are very rare and extremely expensive when you find them.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 01:30:10 AM »

I am very curious if you can get these floorboards to fit.  The FXR floorboards are very rare and extremely expensive when you find them.

Took awhile.  Sorry.  In the end that Wyatt Gatling kit would not have worked without both some modification and a couple other parts.  Could've got it done.  Wasn't worth the hassle.

Ended up going at it just scoring individual parts.  Spent significantly less collecting a piece at a time over a couple months watching eBay than just ponying up to a package of parts from Elvis.  I enjoy the hunt so it was all good.

Finally put everything on today.  I did not get the heel-toe police shifter.  Never liked a toe shifter anyway and never found the cop bike shifter at a price I was willing to pay.  So installed everything today using the mid controls shift arm.  It works that way.  But it's not ideal.  The arm needs to be longer.  It's a standard length shift arm used on most Harley.  It stops far enough back in to the footboard that it'll be a nuisance.  You could get used to it.  Don't think I'll have to.

There used to be an aftermarket extended shift arm for guys with big feet (at least that's who I always thought the market was).  Turnes out it's still available; and cheap.  Almost 10" long.  That'll put the shift peg right at the front edge of the footboard where anyone used to a touring bike is used to finding the shifter.  Unless something unexpected happens that will work well.  In the interim, however, it's still much better and more comfortable for my short legs than it was with the forward controls.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.