Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Dyno test! 110", DX Pipe, TTS 150 cam, SE CNC heads, 58TB. 117 HP / 127 TQ!  (Read 7614 times)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

Here's a 110 build I have been wanting to do for years.
It came in the door as a 76 HP 2008 96" Ultra. Left my shop as a 117 HP 110". 41 HP gain!  :bananarock:

Here's the parts list.
SE 110" piston and barrel set
SE CNC 103 heads
SE 58 TB and injectors
TTS 150 cam set
S+S Lifters
Fullsac DX Pipe
Fullsac 2.0 baffles in the OEM mufflers
TTS Mastertune
Aim Lock up clutch hat.

A 2009 oil pan was used to allow the DX cross under to fit.
Everything was bolted together as it came out of the box, there was no machine work of any kind.
117 HP and 127 TQ peak with a very smooth curve.

Special thanks to Bob Schoening of Kelso Washington for riding with a Fullsac!

Steve@fullsac.com

Never Ride with a Halfsac. Insist on Fullsac Performance!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:24:10 AM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG

Great job, pulls right off the bottom and carries through well. Should be fun to ride. :2vrolijk_21:

J.D.

Nice  :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pepper:

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam

Steve,

That is really nice for no head work.  Must be a blast to ride, very nice torque curve and comes on low.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

georgw221

• Full CVO Member

What is the part number for the SE CNC 103 heads?

TIMINATOR

• Junior CVO Member

It would be nice if when posting about cams to include the cam specs, I.E. lift, duration @.053 and opening/closing points! I just spent a bunch of google time and couldn't find those specs, even on their website! It makes comparisons worthless without specs. Why make us do the search, you got the cam and hopefully the cam card, please post it!
Its my major pet peeve with cam discussions! Everybody doesn't know the specs of every cam...  I'm off of my soap box again, for now... :soapbox:   TIMINATOR

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

What is the part number for the SE CNC 103 heads?

Excellent heads for the money!

Steve@fullsac.com

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

It would be nice if when posting about cams to include the cam specs, I.E. lift, duration @.053 and opening/closing points! I just spent a bunch of google time and couldn't find those specs, even on their website! It makes comparisons worthless without specs. Why make us do the search, you got the cam and hopefully the cam card, please post it!
Its my major pet peeve with cam discussions! Everybody doesn't know the specs of every cam...  I'm off of my soap box again, for now... :soapbox:   TIMINATOR

Sorry about that Tim, I must have lost the cam card?

Give Steve Cole at TTS a call. He's a real friendly guy that loves to talk to people like yourself about his cam specs.

SG

TIMINATOR

• Junior CVO Member

Its not that important enough to me for a call. That they and some others don't post specs on their websites for their cams and other performance parts eliminates them from my choices. My call, my opinion, my dollars.
In a semi unrelated issue, I have a cam analyzer, and it is amazing how many car and Harley cams DO NOT MATCH their published specs! We check every cam we install and others that we come across. We also advise the customer what the differences are and let them make up their own mind what they wanted V.S. what was supplied.
It is also easy to advertise that: "We make the most powerful X size cam," if it isn't what it is supposed to be. Not saying that's the case here, just sayin'. 
Also not being a butthole here, JMHO, but based on facts.  TIMINATOR

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

I have been using a cam analyzer for years. DynoJet 250I with Eddy Brake, Tq cell, step and sweep capabilities. While it can't provide actual cam specs, it gives far more usefull data about the characteristics of the cam choice. Information that my customers can digest and relate to. The bottom line is seat of the pants when the customer rides away. TTS cams push harder on the bottom than Rosie O'Donnell in a buffet line. This experience can't be found in a cam card.

Steve@fullsac.com
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:38:20 AM by Fullsac Performance »

Stevek7m

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

So what is the size of combustion chambers?
Thanks

TIMINATOR

• Junior CVO Member

I have the same dyno, a Superflow 600 flow bench, and my cam analyzer reads lift to .00001", duration at any lift figure, lobe separation, opening and closing points, graphs the lobes, and can compare up to 128 lobes, all to a tenth of a degree. It also reads lobe ramp acceleration, quirk and jerk (derivations of what was intended to be ground, and what is actually seen, I.E. quality of the grinding.)
Seat of the pants means nothing to me and my customers, as making a change and losing bottom end usually feels like a gain in top end, and vice versa.
We have a complete machine shop, I and my customers deal in numbers and graphs, things that can be quantified and verified. We do few baggers/cruisers and cater to mostly the performance crowd, the guys that are "chasing the numbers."
Lets agree to disagree on what's important and cater to our own customer base.  TIMINATOR

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

I have the same dyno, a Superflow 600 flow bench, and my cam analyzer reads lift to .00001", duration at any lift figure, lobe separation, opening and closing points, graphs the lobes, and can compare up to 128 lobes, all to a tenth of a degree. It also reads lobe ramp acceleration, quirk and jerk (derivations of what was intended to be ground, and what is actually seen, I.E. quality of the grinding.)
Seat of the pants means nothing to me and my customers, as making a change and losing bottom end usually feels like a gain in top end, and vice versa.
We have a complete machine shop, I and my customers deal in numbers and graphs, things that can be quantified and verified. We do few baggers/cruisers and cater to mostly the performance crowd, the guys that are "chasing the numbers."
Lets agree to disagree on what's important and cater to our own customer base.  TIMINATOR

I'm starting to see where your coming from. I don't think our customers even look the same? Here's Bob leaving this morning. He test rode his bike, came back with a big smile and never even asked to see his dyno chart. Not his first Rodeo. He must have got a Gym membership, he's trimmed all the way down to 336.

Steve@fullsac.com

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)

I'm starting to see where your coming from. I don't think our customers even look the same? Here's Bob leaving this morning. He test rode his bike, came back with a big smile and never even asked to see his dyno chart. Not his first Rodeo. He must have got a Gym membership, he's trimmed all the way down to 336.

Steve@fullsac.com

Gee maybe Timinator should have signed up as a vendor from the get go and been up front about asking you for parts and numbers from your builds......

I’ll be staying with you

Many thanks for all you do and the knowledge and information you are willing to share with us.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

Steve knows what he's doing and needs no help from competitors. Good job on the build.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)

Steve knows what he's doing and needs no help from competitors. Good job on the build.

....and so do you!!   Many thanks to you as well.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

TIMINATOR

• Junior CVO Member

I simply tried to make a point about cam info in posts, nothing else. I do not need to see anyone else's build recipe, never asked to. Just kinda stumped why no cam info on the cam Co's website. I also never said any competitor needs my help. But I do understand why there isn't more free exchange of knowledge.....    TIMINATOR

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

TTS has chosen to sell his cams that way. Free enterprise system takes care of the rest.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE

Steve@fullsac.com
  so it sounds like BOB and his RIDE are going to have more muscle this season   :huepfenjump3:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Ohio HD

• Full CVO Member
Re: Dyno test! 110", DX Pipe, TTS 150 cam, SE CNC heads, 58TB. 117 HP / 127 TQ!
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2018, 09:39:23 AM »

It came in the door as a 76 HP 2008 96" Ultra. Left my shop as a 117 HP 110". 41 HP gain!  :bananarock:

Here's the parts list.
SE CNC 103 heads
SE 58 TB and injectors
TTS 150 cam set
S+S Lifters
Fullsac DX Pipe
TTS Mastertune
Aim Lock up clutch hat.

Everything was bolted together as it came out of the box, there was no machine work of any kind.

Steve@fullsac.com

Steve, do you remember what the mechanical compression ratio was set at, or if you checked the ccp afterwards? I know this was a while ago, but hoped you may remember.

I like it, looks great!
2009 Ultra Classic ~ Bone Stock 96 inches
2008 Street Glide ~ Bone Stock 117 inches

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2018, 11:14:41 AM »

Steve, do you remember what the mechanical compression ratio was set at, or if you checked the ccp afterwards? I know this was a while ago, but hoped you may remember.

I like it, looks great!

Everything was out of the box and bolted on. CC on those heads I believe is around stock, 85cc? I did check the deck, it was like .008 and .012. Should have came out right around 10.5- 1. Never checked the cranking pressure. Tuned real easy, no pinging issues at all. The SE CNC 103 heads are way under rated, good bolt together combination of parts. I will be tuning an identical 107 build this week, will post the results.

Steve@fullsac.com

Ohio HD

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2018, 12:16:12 PM »

Everything was out of the box and bolted on. CC on those heads I believe is around stock, 85cc? I did check the deck, it was like .008 and .012. Should have came out right around 10.5- 1. Never checked the cranking pressure. Tuned real easy, no pinging issues at all. The SE CNC 103 heads are way under rated, good bolt together combination of parts. I will be tuning an identical 107 build this week, will post the results.

Steve@fullsac.com

Steve, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I also look forward to the upcoming sheet. Will that be a 107" TC or 107" M8 with the 150's in it?

2009 Ultra Classic ~ Bone Stock 96 inches
2008 Street Glide ~ Bone Stock 117 inches

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »

Steve, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I also look forward to the upcoming sheet. Will that be a 107" TC or 107" M8 with the 150's in it?

107" TC with all the same parts as the build in this thread.

Steve@fullsac.com

MCE

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2018, 09:13:34 PM »

Here's the parts list.
SE CNC 103 heads
SE 58 TB and injectors
TTS 150 cam set
S+S Lifters
Fullsac DX Pipe
TTS Mastertune
Aim Lock up clutch hat.

Steve@fullsac.com

Looks like a fun ride! Not familiar with those cams, thanks for posting it.

Hddude103

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

My inteterest in cam spec card is for calculating corrected compression.. IVC and the exhaust note (tone).  Early opening produces a loud crack rather than a low throaty sound.  Also I like to know valve lift at .053 to help decide ramp speeds which causes valve noise. 
I  can understand Steve Coles concern about not publishing his numbers but it doesn't help me.
Dyno charts are nice but not all the needed info is available...JMHO..

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

I have used the cam in several 103 and 107 builds at 10.5:1. It is a torque move. Strong and early with a proper pipe choice.
Call up Steve Cole if interested,  he is a knowledgeable  guy and can help you reach your goal.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member

stock crank?

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam

stock crank?

A stock crank will handle 117HP and 127 TQ.  My 2013 CVO King was built to 123 square with 1700 miles on the motor.  Then with 12000 miles it was punched out to a 117 CI and built to 138.5 HP and 140 Torque,  I have 27500 miles on the bike, or 15,500 on the second build.  I do not do burn outs with the bike.  I do use all the power but treat it with respect.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 21 queries.