Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Complete Fullsac Exhaust Install Video  (Read 5320 times)

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
Complete Fullsac Exhaust Install Video
« on: March 25, 2018, 06:42:10 PM »

Just installed a complete Fullsac Performance system (M8 X-Pipe, 2" CVO Power Cores and CVO Techmats) on my 2018 CVO Limited ANV.

While I was at it, I made these videos showing the whole process. There will be 3 parts once the TTS MasterTune Video is done, but or now here is Part 1 and 2

Part 1 - Re-Coring CVO Mufflers

Part 2 - Installing the headpipe and sound comparison

Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Complete Fullsac Exhaust Install Video
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 06:41:11 PM »

on mine, for a lill added touch i painted the inside of the factory tips flat black
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 09:48:09 PM »

Here's my last video...Part 3 of 3

Using the TTS Mastertune interface to re-program the ECM with the custom calibration map from Fullsac Performance. THANKS STEVE...  Went smooth as silk!

Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

09nessrg

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2012 Skunk CVO
    • CVO3: 2009 RG Custom
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:29:30 PM »

Excellent!

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 04:12:58 PM »

Thank You!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:52:52 PM by hdnik »
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

bigcraig

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 10:06:19 AM »

Outstanding tutorial!

You might consider doing another video of showing how to return the tune back to stock, then you would win the internet "How To" video for using the TTS software award of the year!

Again, nicely done.

09nessrg

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2012 Skunk CVO
    • CVO3: 2009 RG Custom
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 10:19:35 AM »

Think "Part 4 restore", would be the icing on the cake!

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 09:47:00 PM »

thanks hdnik, watched your part three and referenced it a couple of times, and got my fullsac map down loaded in to the bike without issue.... the video was a BIG help !!   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 07:54:12 AM »

thanks hdnik, watched your part three and referenced it a couple of times, and got my fullsac map down loaded in to the bike without issue.... the video was a BIG help !!   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Thanx FF. That comment made the effort worth while. Much appreciated!
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

hbever01

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 05:34:55 PM »

hdnik, Thanks for the informative videos.  I caught the first two here, and just watched the last one on the FB group page.  Very helpful.

I have the exact same bike - 2018 CVO Annv, and I'm seriously considering the same mod - Fullsac exhaust and the TTS tuner - although I am thinking I'll go with the 2.25 cores.  I don't want a super load exhaust system on this bike, but I'm really not happy with the stock system - volume, or tone-wise.  On the other hand, I don't want to give up any low-end torque.

A couple of general questions - I know you are in Canada so I'm not sure how much you've ridden the bike yet but, do you have any feedback on performance before vs. after the upgrade?  How about the exhaust tone?  It sounds great in the video, but it's always different in person.  Are you happy with the tone and the volume?  Would you do anything different if you did it again?  Does Fullsac sell a package with the tuner, head pipe, cores, and tech mats?.  By the way, what is the purpose of the tech mats?  Are they mainly just to deepen and soften the tone, or do they influence the performance at all?

Thanks again for sharing.  Nice shop by the way!

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »

hdnik, Thanks for the informative videos.  I caught the first two here, and just watched the last one on the FB group page.  Very helpful.

I have the exact same bike - 2018 CVO Annv, and I'm seriously considering the same mod - Fullsac exhaust and the TTS tuner - although I am thinking I'll go with the 2.25 cores.  I don't want a super load exhaust system on this bike, but I'm really not happy with the stock system - volume, or tone-wise.  On the other hand, I don't want to give up any low-end torque.

A couple of general questions - I know you are in Canada so I'm not sure how much you've ridden the bike yet but, do you have any feedback on performance before vs. after the upgrade?  How about the exhaust tone?  It sounds great in the video, but it's always different in person.  Are you happy with the tone and the volume?  Would you do anything different if you did it again?  Does Fullsac sell a package with the tuner, head pipe, cores, and tech mats?.  By the way, what is the purpose of the tech mats?  Are they mainly just to deepen and soften the tone, or do they influence the performance at all?

Thanks for the kind words. For the record, that's just my 2 car garage at home, no shop... if it was I'd have had a bike lift (oh my achin' knees) :'(

I'm no expert on exhaust systems for sure (probably could tell from the video's  ::)), but from my experience with other brands that I have used (V&H, S&S, Cobra, D&D, Klock Werks) the 2" inch Fullsac setup delivers the same deep, rich tone but does it quieter... If that makes sense. More like VH Power Duals than Dresser True Duals. I suspect that may also be due to the Techmats which deaden the volume I would think in the way they "blanket" the inside of the can (ingenious really). To my understanding the Techmats have no negative impact on performance because they do not restrict the flow of the CVO PowerCores (though a quick email to Fullsac will tell you all you need to know - they are awesome to deal with  :2vrolijk_21:)

I too was looking for a quieter highway ride on this bike, which I believe I've achieved; yet when you roll on the throttle, there is a bark, not a wimper like the stock cans... but not a loud Crack like the KlockWerks. I'm happy with the 2" but am always curious about the 2.25" (though i wonder if you'd sacrifice TQ for HP with them). This is a message I got from Steve George at Fullsac when I asked him about the 1.75" vs the 2"... He said, and I quote "No bad choice here, splitting hairs. The 2.0 makes the best overall power. The 1.75 is slightly quieter and makes earlier TQ. It's more about personal preference on sound level that you can hear than a performance difference you can't feel."

You are correct I have not ridden the bike yet other than up and down the driveway - we still have some winter brine on the streets in Niagara, so I cannot comment on performance, but again the Fullsac team has engineered the header and cores to perform as good or better than anything out there. (just a call to find that out too) Fact remains all I did was the exhaust system with a Map, so one could only expect a modest improvement.

I found this online. This is the first full review I've been able to find. Interestingly it has a dyno result that shows stock numbers of 96HP @ 4900 RPM + 111 lb-ft Torque at 3600 RPM from stock. Also a fairly flat curve with over 100 lb-ft from about 2000 RPM and up... Link here - https://movetenms.com/2018/01/31/2018-harley-davidson-cvo-limited-road-test-review/

Were I to guess I'd say with the Fullsac with the TTS Tuner and Fullsac's Calibration map those numbers might go to 100 - 105 HP and 120 - 125 lb-ft TQ?? (anyone care to opine?) probably most noticeable in the 2000 to 3000 range in the seat of your pants. Also I gotta think the bike will run richer and therefore cooler. Even better, I'd guess, if I got it dyno tuned or even VTuned (My next video may be one on VTune)

Yes, Fullsac sells the MX Pipe and TTS Mastertune in a package (Link here - https://fullsac.com/product/2017-2018-m8-touring-headpipe/), but you'll save more overall than the package discount with the CVOHARLEY Member discount on everything. All you have to do is call them to order (rather than do it online) and talk to Sheri (I suspect she will answer) and ask. Here is a link to a thread i started comparing cost to the Fuel Moto Set up - Worth a look - https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=114075.msg1450748#msg1450748

Here's the bottom line... I've bought a lotta stuff over the years, from a lot of suppliers and in all that time I have never felt compelled to advocate for a single one of them until now. Not kidding here - my experience with Fullsac has been excellent! It's an extra bonus that the product fits so well and is reviewed so glowingly all over the internet. I gotta think that when I finally get her on the road, I won't be disappointed. https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=115159.0

Best of Luck!
Nick

Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 08:06:54 AM »

I did the complete Fullsac to my 2018 CVO Road Glide, the MX head pipe, the 2.25 power cores, the tech matt and screens with a TTS tuner.  A noticeable improvement.  Had it dyno tuned also, helps the HP and torque, plus 10 on each. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

hbever01

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 10:29:15 PM »

FLSTFI Dave - Thanks for sharing that.  I'd say those are pretty respectable gains for an exhaust system and a tune.  Makes me feel much better about the 2.25 cores.  I don't want to sacrifice torque for noise.

hdnik - Lol, My 'shop' is a two car garage also but it's where I do my wrenching, so to me, it's my 'shop'.

Thanks again for all of the info and the links you shared.  I guess I have some more reading to do now.  I've think I've pretty much decided to pull the trigger on the Fullsac system.  I want this CVO to remain somewhat refined - louder than stock, but not obnoxious.  I think the 2.25 cores will be comparatively quiet for me  because my wife's bike, and my other bike are both pretty loud.  She is running a carburated  EVO with V&H long shots.  The motor is built and tuned to run very well even though the exhaust has no baffles.  It really bellows when you whack the throttle.  I have a twin cam SG with V&H big radius pipes with Big City Thunder Monster baffles.  It's not as loud as the wife's EVO, but the Andrews cams make a thump at idle that you can FEEL within 10 feet of the bike.  This isn't what I want for the CVO.  I guess I'm getting old.   :o

I live near Tampa, FL.  We are riding to Americade and Laconia this June.  I'm thinking I'll just do the Power Cores and Tech Mats before the trip to avoid any potential warranty issues - I think I can stick with the factory tune until I do the head pipe.  Maybe I'm being naive, but I figure a 3 week, 3000+ mile round trip will be enough to reveal any major "factory defects" related to the power plant.  If all is well when I get back, I'll do the head pipe, add a bolt in cam, install the TTS, get a dyno tune, and call it done.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 08:41:59 AM »

Very nicely done.  I have Fullsac DX headers with the Kuryakyn Crusher Pipes (Trident) and the TTS tuner on mine and I can say I saw the difference immediately!  Fullsac is very helpful (I noted that here as well when I did mine).  Like you my shop is just my garage and I like to "tinker" kind of the ol dshade tree mechanic guy.  We like the sound and don't want the super loud exhaust especially on a bike we ride for hours.  My wife had told me that it is much louder in the back so the louder exhaust was harder on her.  Thanks again for taking the time on the videos.

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 01:43:59 PM »

... My wife had told me that it is much louder in the back so the louder exhaust was harder on her.  Thanks again for taking the time on the videos.

It was a fun project. Thank you! I think Part 4 will be on Flight-Recorder and V-Tune, but that will be as soon as the the spring comes to Welland Ontario - We had snow again yesterday!!  :confused5:

FYI - My wife also complained about my Street Glide exhaust on long 2-Up rides - I believe the Fullsac System should help in that regard.

Nick

Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 11:23:21 AM »

HDNIK - That is a much appreciated lesson. Very well done and its great that people take that kind of time to help out others. I am torn now. I was going full Rinehart but now I will Fulsac. Here's to you  :drink:
2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »

HDNIK - That is a much appreciated lesson. Very well done and its great that people take that kind of time to help out others. I am torn now. I was going full Rinehart but now I will Fulsac. Here's to you  :drink:

I don't think you will be disappointed in the Fullsac System. I've not seen anyone who has!
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 22 queries.