Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Wireless Headsets (20S Evo) on 18 CVO Limited Questions  (Read 757 times)

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build

New to the whole on-board communications thing.

I was setting up the pair of 20S Evo Wireless Headsets, got them updated and paired no problem, Also paired my iPhone to the bike no problem. I am wondering however... I use a half helmet 90 of the time, so I bought speaker pockets and they feel like ear muffs to me - may as well use my full face. What I'd like to do is just have the Microphone mounted to the helmet without the speakers (I'd buy another mount for my full face and use them there.)

If I set leave the Audio Routing setting for Music/Media, Communication and Prompts set to "speakers" so I listen to everything including the CB and Cell phone thru the speakers and still talk with the wireless microphone?

I think so but wondered if anyone knew for sure.
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Re: Harley Wireless Headsets (20S Evo) on 18 CVO Limited Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 02:13:24 PM »

I was setting up the pair of 20S Evo Wireless Headsets, got them updated and paired no problem, Also paired my iPhone to the bike no problem. I am wondering however... I use a half helmet 90 of the time, so I bought speaker pockets and they feel like ear muffs to me - may as well use my full face. What I'd like to do is just have the Microphone mounted to the helmet without the speakers (I'd buy another mount for my full face and use them there.)

If I set leave the Audio Routing setting for Music/Media, Communication and Prompts set to "speakers" so I listen to everything including the CB and Cell phone thru the speakers and still talk with the wireless microphone?

Don't know for certain, but works that way with the wired setup, so should work with the wireless as well.

I ride with a half-helmet and used the J&M setup for the half-helmet. I agree with your earmuffs assessment and switched to the wired version of the Boom!™ Audio SPH10 Half-Helmet Headset which was comfortable for me. You might consider the Boom!™ Audio SPH10 Half-Helmet Headset (blue-tooth) as I don't know of any elegant way of mounting just the microphone to a half-helmet.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »

I have a full face and a half helmet setup the way you have described. When I wear my full face I switch the audio output to headset and when I wear the half helmet I set the audio output to speakers. It works well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 03:31:05 PM »

That's Great news!

Thank all!
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.