Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hot wheels  (Read 1210 times)

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
Hot wheels
« on: April 14, 2018, 10:16:55 PM »

Anyone collect hot wheels? I have all the ones from when I was a kid and go in and out of collecting the new ones. I look for ones that are still on the cards from when I was a kid but most I find people are asking for more then I am willing to spend. Was just curious if anyone else collected these little cars also.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
Re: Hot wheels
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 11:07:16 PM »

I have a few thousand. Rarely look for them anymore, but will pick up classics if I see them. 99% of mine are carded, 1990 and newer. Sold all the Treasure Hunt collections, Drag Buses, Rear Loading Beach Bombs, etc. Kept all my Dairy Deliveries, I love that casting. Having grown up here in Southern California we had access to so much, the company that colored the Sizzler bodies was near and we had shopping bags full of rejected bodies. Met many of the designers over the years and have some autographed pieces in the collection still.

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 02:22:03 PM »

Cool. I grab what I like now, find a treasure hunt every now and then. My favorite castings our no longer used. The thunder roller and the kenworth. If I go to any flee markets or anything like that I buy all the thunder rollers and kenworths I can find. Missing one variation of each. I am looking for carded real riders and black walls from the 80's and early 90's. I used to really search for all the chase cars but now it's just what I like and I don't go to the store anymore just for those, if I go for something else I'll take a stroll down the toy isle.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 05:24:51 PM »

We have over 2000 mostly 90ies & up.  My girl is the collector.  We were at the antique car swap meet today and my boy (eight) is starting his own collection.  Problem is he wants to open them all!
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 05:56:15 PM »

Bottle rockets and fire crackers took care of all mine.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 06:20:15 PM »

We have over 2000 mostly 90ies & up.  My girl is the collector.  We were at the antique car swap meet today and my boy (eight) is starting his own collection.  Problem is he wants to open them all!

Good for him!  :2vrolijk_21:

I never understood toys you're not supposed to play with or cars / bikes you're not supposed to drive or ride.

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 06:43:48 PM »

If we ever had kids or if one of my sisters ever have a boy I'll end up buying two of everything. One for them to open and one I'll keep until they get older then I'll give them the cars that are still in the package.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.