Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: `15 CVO Street Glide Replacement Air Filter  (Read 1481 times)

fos41

• Full CVO Member
`15 CVO Street Glide Replacement Air Filter
« on: April 21, 2018, 10:38:40 AM »

Time to renew my `15 CVO Street air filter curious to options out to use not going to the dealer. Is the Drag Specialties premium filter the same as K & N it looks similar? Thanks.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: `15 CVO Street Glide Replacement Air Filter
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 04:14:26 PM »

Time to renew my `15 CVO Street air filter curious to options out to use not going to the dealer. Is the Drag Specialties premium filter the same as K & N it looks similar? Thanks.

In case you didn't know, the stock filter is washable and reusable.  It doesn't need to be replaced unless it's damaged.  See attached instructions.

The K&N replacement is part # HD-0910.  That is an oiled cotton gauze filter, unlike the dry stock filter.  I didn't see a Drag Premium listed for your bike, but those are also oiled cotton gauze like the K&N.

Harley stock replacement   -   PN 29670-09   -   $49.95 MSRP
K&N replacement   -   PN HD-0910   -   $49.99 on Amazon with free shipping

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 11:11:30 PM »

Does K&N make a wider replacement filter for the ventilator air cleaner?
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Alan

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 08:55:12 AM »

The air cleaner Alan installed really looks sharp, but it's a bit pricey.  If you just want a larger filter element to use with your stock Ventilator air cleaner, you will need not only the wider filter element but also longer stand-offs to space the cover out the proper distance.  Tilley H-D offers such a kit that includes the stand-offs as well as a custom K&N filter element.  Give them a call and see if they are still doing this.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 10:45:33 AM »

The air cleaner Alan installed really looks sharp, but it's a bit pricey.  If you just want a larger filter element to use with your stock Ventilator air cleaner, you will need not only the wider filter element but also longer stand-offs to space the cover out the proper distance.  Tilley H-D offers such a kit that includes the stand-offs as well as a custom K&N filter element.  Give them a call and see if they are still doing this.

Jerry

Jerry:

I had one of these on my 2015 CVO STREET GLIDE and really liked it with my 4” Reinharts.

I talked with the guy who made designed and made the kit for sale and he said that the new element bolts are veryimportant to use. They drilled them for the safety wire you see in the picture you provided.  Because of the increased suction that the new filter provides they didn’t want the bolts if they happened to come loose to enter the motor through the thottle body blades under hard acceleration. So, I wouldn’t recommend skipping the wiring step.

Regards

Jerry

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 23 queries.