Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: my one day review of the BMW K1600B  (Read 26970 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: my one day review of the BMW K1600B
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2018, 10:22:17 AM »

That Corbin looks good and solves the back rest issue. I can already feel the money leaving my hand.

Steve@fullsac.com

PS- my 1600B pulled 128HP on the dyno last night!

That's off a ways from the claimed 160 HP.  128HP to the rear wheel in stock form is still good, though!  :2vrolijk_21:

Did you see on the BMW forum that somebody has already got around the 101 mph speed limiter by tuning on the dyno?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »

Yes, I'm familiar with the vinyl cover for the seat. The Corbin seat that I sit on last week here in Sturgis last weekend was that carbon fiber looking vinyl

Does RDL offer the leather inserts on top?

So question (and I'm assuming but you haven't said)....I believe you've also had a Corbin?  And you choose RDL over Corbin for all day comfort?

Here's the site discussion on inserts. No, I sent them a stock seat and I had a Harley Hammock seat that I used until I got the custom seat. I tried all sorts of seats in the past. I have found that only the RDL works for me when it comes to extreme comfort. They truly have this down to a science. Custom spring suspension based on weight, custom foam density based on weight, and they adjust your riding height and backset. If you're looking for the ultimate in rider comfort RDL is "The Answer".

Material Options
We offer five choices of material combinations for “Day-Long”¨ Saddle covers:

All Vinyl: The most durable, weather resistant and generally carefree choice, and offers the best color match for most stock seat cover colors.

Velour Inserts: Vinyl sides with 100% nylon velour inserts in the saddle area, where the riders come in direct contact with the cover. This combination is very breathable.

Leather Inserts: Joins the durability and color selections of vinyl for the sides of the Saddle with the luxurious feel of genuine leather in the seating area. Leather is easier to keep clean and more water resistant than velour. Being a naturally porous material it “breathes” better than vinyl. Protected from the elements and periodically treated to restore its natural oils leather will outlast even the heaviest vinyl.

All Leather: For the connoisseur of fine, richly appointed motorcycle accessories this is the only way to go. The additional effort required to protect, clean and condition an all leather Saddle is a small price to pay for the soft, supple, luxurious feel and appearance of genuine leather.

Sunbrella Acrylics: Sunbrella is a breathable, durable canvas product that has been used in outdoor marine and awning applications for years. It is naturally water resistant and will not fade. Sunbrella will hold you in the pocket and help eliminate slide forward problems. A wide range of colors are available for use.

mark

« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2018, 06:28:55 PM »

Corbin also offers a solo K1600B seat with a small trunk...but I'm afraid the trunk isn't big enough for a trip.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2018, 02:00:26 PM »

Here's a small bonus if you buy the new BMW and have a Garmin 660 laying around. The 1600B comes with a built in dock for a GPS but it's not included. They charge something like 900.00 bucks for the BMW/Garmin unit. I opened up the slot and removed the block off plate and thought damm that looks familiar. Had my old 660 laying around that I kept when I sold my 2012 CVO. Slid right in and powered up! Only negative is the Nav menu will not run it. Have to use the touch screen. I love seeing the HD Logo in the middle of the BMW dash.

Steve@fullsac.com
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:02:29 PM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2018, 02:32:27 PM »

Here's a small bonus if you buy the new BMW and have a Garmin 660 laying around. The 1600B comes with a built in dock for a GPS but it's not included. They charge something like 900.00 bucks for the BMW/Garmin unit. I opened up the slot and removed the block off plate and thought damm that looks familiar. Had my old 660 laying around that I kept when I sold my 2012 CVO. Slid right in and powered up! Only negative is the Nav menu will not run it. Have to use the touch screen. I love seeing the HD Logo in the middle of the BMW dash.

Steve@fullsac.com

Now that's funny.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »

I thought the BMW Garmin looked like the HD 660 and 665 and even said that to the salesman....."looks just like the Harley Garmin".    Good catch Steve!  :2vrolijk_21:

You need to post that pic on the BMW forum.  :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2018, 04:27:02 PM »

That is Funny!

BigLew

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2018, 05:23:11 PM »

I thought the BMW Garmin looked like the HD 660 and 665 and even said that to the salesman....."looks just like the Harley Garmin".    Good catch Steve!  :2vrolijk_21:

You need to post that pic on the BMW forum.  :P

Something tells me the BMW Guys won't be as entertained as we are with the Harley badge coming on when you power it up. lol..

Steve@fullsac.com

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2018, 06:02:29 PM »

Something tells me the BMW Guys won't be as entertained as we are with the Harley badge coming on when you power it up. lol..

Steve@fullsac.com

Well.....a handfull of them, anyway.  You've probably noticed, a few of them came from Harleys and several from CVOs.

West Coast GTG   

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2018, 06:49:07 PM »

Well.....a handfull of them, anyway.  You've probably noticed, a few of them came from Harleys and several from CVOs.

A handfull for sure have some very narrow thinking. Quite a few multi bike quys in there too.

Steve@fullsac.com

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2018, 08:59:26 PM »

A handfull for sure have some very narrow thinking. Quite a few multi bike quys in there too.

Steve@fullsac.com

Probably the same people that talk about Harley rider's narrow thinking.  :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2018, 09:45:54 AM »

I seen if you don't get the floor boards when you get the bike they will cost you $948. :o

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2018, 04:02:48 PM »

Steve; I went from a 28 year Harley addiction to a new 18 K1600B or Bagger. First BMW to grab my attention.  I love riding it, especially with the Russell Day Long seat I recently installed. It's the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. The floorboards fit me perfectly, the pegs could be lower but no biggie.

Your sure right about the pro clutchless shifting, it's a dream come true! The bike is such a blast to ride, nice knowing you have the highest performance, best handling and braking touring bike on the road, never feels near it's limits.

I went with the B because frankly I love the looks and generally ride solo. With my tailbag I have plenty luggage space.

My only complaint is a lack of accessories. I even called Motorrad and let them know that I wanted to spend more money with them.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2018, 08:49:38 AM »

If the good Lord had seen fit to give me longer legs, I would'a had one of these (this color, too) back in 1999.  I test rode one for half a day all over East TN (FLSTFI Dave, remember when McNutt's was over on Lovell Rd. and the only BMW dealer in East TN?) and loved the ride/power/seating position but I was tip-toes when stopped and that killed it for me.

I sure do remember them on Lovell road.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2018, 10:15:35 AM »

Haird the two new models sit lower and most are being ordered by the dealership with the "Low" seat option.  They had one in the dealership sit up on the center stand and I was able to sit on it and my feet were still flat footed on the ground.  Barely, but I couldn't have done that on any other BMW model before these two new models......the B or the Grand Amaerica..

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.