Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: 4th engine in my 2017 CVO Limited ... 3rd engine sumped just like the 2 before  (Read 10451 times)

Scrapyard

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

So, I buy the 2018 CVO 117 and have all options I could think of including stage IV. I have the bike 3 days, about 400 miles, and the tappet gets loud. The dealership fixes it and I'm on my way. Still a happy customer. 9,400 miles later, because I ride it, same thing only now I hear things flying around the motor. Then the compression relief valve opens and it sounds like the head blows. I pull off of the 1st exit, having no power, and she dies. The tappet disintegrated! Dealership cracks her open and the tappet won't come out. After further break down, the needle bearings are inside my oil pump meaning they passed through the entire motor. Corporate approves a short block but is hesitant to approve a stage IV kit. I'm looking at the marks on my sleeves, gouges on my pistons, An oil pump with grooves cut into the aluminum from circulating bearings and debris, a tappet that no longer resembles one as the roller has gone through my baby. Then I find out that the computer mapping for the 117 stage four was not available so corporate told the dealer to map it for a 110ci. WTF! I just handed them $52,000 and you deceive me on top of my mechanical problems? Now the dealership is building my M8 rather than the factory.

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE

Thanks, maybe someone can interpret the stampings. My dealer said it was a 2019 based on the code but he could have been mistaken.

Engine code lower ride side after the HD logo: 1941803116
Engine case part # : 13708454 (stamped twice, once on each half case)

If anyone can decipher these engine codes, post it up.

Not sure if it means anything, but the numbers on my 2019 CVO SG are:
H-D logo 1931900161
Engine pair 16207452
Chris

2021 FLHXSE
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.