Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Screaming Eagle Oil Pan  (Read 6913 times)

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

Re: Screaming Eagle Oil Pan
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2019, 04:20:27 PM »

JERRY I CONCUR TWICE SIR
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2019, 10:12:29 PM »

So you could in theory extend your oil change mileage intervals by a small amount.  How much exactly, and how many years of oil changes will it take for the small difference in change intervals to pay for the cost of that oil pan?  Don't forget, you also have to factor in the cost of an extra 1.5 quarts of oil for each change.  If you are like the vast majority you will still just change the oil at the specified 5000 mile intervals, so there will be no savings but there will still be the extra cost for the extra 1.5 quarts at each change.

Jerry

With three bikes sharing the mileage all the time I (almost) never get 5000 miles between oil changes anymore.  It's the annual maintenance.  At once a year it'd take 3,264 years to break even on an oil pan.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 11:43:20 PM »

When my engine crapped out and the pan was getting replaced as part of the fix under extended warranty ($50 deduct) I had them install the SE pan and paid the  difference in cost for stock pan. Labor was already  included... Figured it was worth it to gain what ever minimal benefit, but also did it because the SE pan allows you to remove screws and take off the baffles and clean it rather than replace it. Other than that I guess I have more money than sense ;D

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2019, 04:04:50 PM »

I installed a Baker 1.5+ oil pan this year, cause I could. Almost too purty to use as intended.
Wut the hell was that maneuver

J.D.

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2019, 05:30:43 PM »

When my engine crapped out and the pan was getting replaced as part of the fix under extended warranty ($50 deduct) I had them install the SE pan and paid the  difference in cost for stock pan. Labor was already  included... Figured it was worth it to gain what ever minimal benefit, but also did it because the SE pan allows you to remove screws and take off the baffles and clean it rather than replace it. Other than that I guess I have more money than sense ;D

I'd have done this exactly for the same rationale.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.