Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Can't believe this one  (Read 8874 times)

J.D.

Re: Can't believe this one
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2018, 03:03:06 PM »

That's correct, often a Harley part will have a "casting" part number with a second, different finished part number.  Not sure if that's the case here or not but I've seen this on other casted parts like cylinder heads and intake manifolds before.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2018, 03:21:22 PM »

Sure you have the right part number, Pete?  The one I have here looks identical to yours, but is 37781-07.  And it's off one of my CVO FLHTCUSE - the 07 I think.  Took it off to fit a cush drive one. Deffo 66T as well.

[later - they seem to be the same. Maybe 37781-07 is a casting number... Ah well got it here if you need it at the end of the day!]

Got the same number on mine, I did some checking "it it a part number "  that's no longer available.  It's now 40217-07

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2018, 07:17:53 AM »

:huepfenjump3:  second new sprocket arrived today and this one's  acctuley useable.
Should be up and running by the end of the day :drink:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2018, 07:45:32 AM »

Good.  And good luck, sounds like you need some after that ordeal.   :2vrolijk_21:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2018, 03:28:22 PM »

Good.  And good luck, sounds like you need some after that ordeal.   :2vrolijk_21:

Cheers iski,  :2vrolijk_21:

I'll say if it wasn't of bad luck I wouldn't have any kind of luck at all. I think the worse is behind me now, wheels are on just a couple more things to do tomorrow then out for a test run and see how these Michelins  feel.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2018, 05:37:54 AM »

Cheers iski,  :2vrolijk_21:

I'll say if it wasn't of bad luck I wouldn't have any kind of luck at all. I think the worse is behind me now, wheels are on just a couple more things to do tomorrow then out for a test run and see how these Michelins  feel.

Cheers longlast!  Looking forward to a good report, with no issues. 

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2018, 12:40:37 PM »

Why would I have thought it would be smooth riding.

Rolled out of the garage for a test ride today.  I went just up to the end of the road putting the rear brake on it the pedal went fully down "no beake" i had to pump it up (thought I'd forgotten to pump up the pedal)  and i had braking.
I turned the corner tried the brake again and again the pedal went fully down "No brake"  I had to pump it up again.

Back to the garage and rechecked the alignment, that checked out good.  Then I was turning the wheel looking at the rotor pass through the pads the rotor is opening  the pads at one point.

I couldn't believe my eye's the bloody rotor is bent.  I'm lost for words,...accept for some very unpleasant ones :-[

I can just see this having to go to court.  I'll  find out tomorrow what the guy's going to say when I tell him  my rotor wasn't bent when I gave e it to your shop.

J.D.

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2018, 12:53:40 PM »

OMG dude

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »

Other guy has already agreed to all he's going to.  Find a good used rotor and move on from this expensive free labor Pete.  It'll never be worth the time or aggravation.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2018, 07:15:13 AM »

I spoke with Chris regarding my brake rotor being bent. His reply was F@*#@ then said sorry about the language I said that's okay I had a few choice words myself.

He went on to say (with out me having to say anything more) would you like to bring it down here I'll sort it out for you, I said, I can't ride it the rotor keeps opending the pads and I got no pedal.

So he said alright if you get the rotor ill get the sprocket.

New rotor 140.00 new sprocket 344.00 total 484.00 of damage to change the rubber.
I'm glad I only took the wheels to him and not the entire bike..

So I've ordered up the rotor putting it on myself scratching the rest up to lessen learned it's going to cost me an extra140.

And move on like you say Don.   

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 07:28:22 AM by longlast »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2018, 08:37:49 AM »

Too bad, that shop must be one of the worst.  Chalk it up to "lessons learned" and after it's all fixed ride and have fun.

J.D.

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2018, 08:44:49 AM »

It isn't easy but you can tap it back true with a plastic-faced dead blow mallet and run out dial.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2018, 08:49:19 AM »

I spoke with Chris regarding my brake rotor being bent. His reply was F@*#@ then said sorry about the language I said that's okay I had a few choice words myself.

He went on to say (with out me having to say anything more) would you like to bring it down here I'll sort it out for you, I said, I can't ride it the rotor keeps opending the pads and I got no pedal.

So he said alright if you get the rotor ill get the sprocket.

New rotor 140.00 new sprocket 344.00 total 484.00 of damage to change the rubber.
I'm glad I only took the wheels to him and not the entire bike..

So I've ordered up the rotor putting it on myself scratching the rest up to lessen learned it's going to cost me an extra140.

And move on like you say Don.   

wow, a gorilla must work in the tire shop!! >:( >:(

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »

Too bad, that shop must be one of the worst.  Chalk it up to "lessons learned" and after it's all fixed ride and have fun.

The scary thing is what sort of cover up bogged work have they been doing to other riders bikes.

It isn't easy but you can tap it back true with a plastic-faced dead blow mallet and run out dial.

I will have a go at doing that with this one if it works out it'll do as a spare if needed.

It must of been a fluke the front didn't get damaged.

J.D.

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2018, 11:44:54 AM »

It's incredibly easy to bend a rotor like that if the wheel is placed on a workbench on the rotor side.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 22 queries.