Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Helmet mounted video recorder  (Read 1055 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Helmet mounted video recorder
« on: March 07, 2019, 07:41:42 AM »

Picked up this video recorder to mount on the helmet.  There's so many drivers out there that don't look for bikes l decided to put one on the helmet.
It's a SPORT DV inexpensive little unit easy to detach from the helmet and easily turns on and off it busses when turned on or off as well as being waterproof (not to be confused with water resistant)

Here's a pic of it and the first test video  btw, date and time it was already on it haven't done any computer messing with it  :nixweiss:   I'm surprised I've even got the video posted

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:50:56 AM by longlast »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Helmet mounted video recorder
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:58:43 AM »

Good quality video, good idea to ride with one.  Several friends have helmet cams.  Sound (wind noise) is basically the same on all of them.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 08:21:45 AM »

That's cool, Pete.  How long can you record with those things?  I'm guessing there's internal memory and/or SD or Micro SD external memory?  I see more and more of them on bikes/helmets these days.  Very good video quality but how do you compensate on the video with the wind noise?

One more thing...watching that video, I would have quite a learning curve driving/riding over there.  Bass-ackwards from our side of the pond.  Still want to try it some day, though... :2vrolijk_21:

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 09:37:01 AM »

Great video Pete. You will soon be a YouTube vlogger with your own channel like Matt Laidlaw, John Maxwell, Blockhead etc.

It’s always windy in Lincolnshire as it’s so flat!! Except for the wolds!!

Great idea though as the standard of driving here in the UK has become shockingly bad.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 09:11:25 PM »

That's cool, Pete.  How long can you record with those things?  I'm guessing there's internal memory and/or SD or Micro SD external memory?  I see more and more of them on bikes/helmets these days.  Very good video quality but how do you compensate on the video with the wind noise?

One more thing...watching that video, I would have quite a learning curve driving/riding over there.  Bass-ackwards from our side of the pond.  Still want to try it some day, though... :2vrolijk_21:

It's not a bad little cheap gadget Howard.  It has a two hour record time mate or if I was to go on a long run I could plug into my USB setup I have and yes it has a Micro memory card.

I'm by no means the most swiftest kid on the block with all this kind of videoing stuff.
I have 32GB card in it but don't know how much recording that will hold. I've got a android tablet that I found an app (XPlayeŕ) so I can view save/or delete videos when on the road if the memory card gets full.  The unit buzzes when its full and will start to record over top of existing videos.

The wind noise I'm going to have to work on that one I can't seem to find a setting for it. I think I'm going to have to find an app that I can do some editing to lower the noise.
Once I find an app that I can chop and edit the  videos I'll play with it.
Don't know why the video stops short from the end  :nixweiss:
I can imagine it would look strange for you watching it being on the wrong side of the road for you. ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:58:56 AM by longlast »

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 09:17:21 PM »

Great video Pete. You will soon be a YouTube vlogger with your own channel like Matt Laidlaw, John Maxwell, Blockhead etc.

It’s always windy in Lincolnshire as it’s so flat!! Except for the wolds!!

Great idea though as the standard of driving here in the UK has become shockingly bad.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha  I've got a long way to go before get to those levels Dave,...but hey who knows.

TriDan

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 06:25:52 AM »

Once I find an app that I can chop and edit the  videos I'll play with it.
Don't know why the video stops short from the end  :nixweiss:
I can imagine it would look strange for you watching it being on the wrong side of the road for you. ;D

If you're using a mac, get iMovie.  It's free and it'll do pretty much everything you're looking to do including taking the audio out and you can then narrate the ride without wind noise.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 07:37:34 AM »

If you're using a mac, get iMovie.  It's free and it'll do pretty much everything you're looking to do including taking the audio out and you can then narrate the ride without wind noise.

I'll check it out Cheers  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 22 queries.