Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Boombox GTS Software Update  (Read 4527 times)

Glenncarp

Re: Boombox GTS Software Update
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2020, 10:42:13 AM »

Sounds like it is just like CarPlay.  Phone must be plugged into the USB for CarPlay to work, will not work via blue tooth.  Seams Android Auto is the same.

I can also say CarPlay will not work via blue tooth in my 18 Corvette or my 17 F-150, it has to be plugged in also.  So this may not be an Harley thing but a CarPlay thing or in your case an Android Auto thing.

Sort of.....Android Auto or Apple Car play can't really stream over Bluetooth as media (music and maps) use a lot of data, so the hard connection is needed. I think the issues is Bluetooth connection to the phone, the headset and the bike. Can't understand why when I remove my phone from the pairing on the bike in Bluetooth, it automatically pairs again when I plug the phone in with the USB cable, that to me make zero sense and I think that is the issue along with the fact that HD wants me to spend $300 on their WHIM!!!!!

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2020, 09:35:53 PM »

Sort of.....Android Auto or Apple Car play can't really stream over Bluetooth as media (music and maps) use a lot of data, so the hard connection is needed. I think the issues is Bluetooth connection to the phone, the headset and the bike. Can't understand why when I remove my phone from the pairing on the bike in Bluetooth, it automatically pairs again when I plug the phone in with the USB cable, that to me make zero sense and I think that is the issue along with the fact that HD wants me to spend $300 on their WHIM!!!!!

I don't have an Apple phone to try it, but BMW cars can use Carplay wirelessly. So I guess it can be done.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2020, 06:17:26 AM »

Yes, I did not realize you did not have the WHIM.  That is needed.  The other option is to have the dealer flash it so no WHIM or headset needed.  Then it will work but you can not talk to it.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Glenncarp

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2020, 05:54:15 PM »

Yes, I did not realize you did not have the WHIM.  That is needed.  The other option is to have the dealer flash it so no WHIM or headset needed.  Then it will work but you can not talk to it.

Had it flashed so AA works on screen, just assumed headset would work with phone and AA on phone

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2020, 06:17:23 AM »

Had it flashed so AA works on screen, just assumed headset would work with phone and AA on phone
Phone has to be paired to the bike.  Headset has to be paired to the bike.  It will not work if phone and headset are paired.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Glenncarp

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2020, 11:10:19 AM »

Phone has to be paired to the bike.  Headset has to be paired to the bike.  It will not work if phone and headset are paired.

Well, there goes the "no need to buy the WHIM" idea  :(

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »

Well, there goes the "no need to buy the WHIM" idea  :(

I can only speak to my experience.  When I installed the GTS on my 15 SG, out of the box, before having it flashed, when I plugged my iPhone into the usb, Carplay would come up.  With a plugged in headset in I could use the Boom or Siri speech commands.

What I didn't try, Is what would happen if I had my Sena paired to the iPhone while plugged into the Boom usb.

I'm very impressed with the functionality of the Boom GTS. I have since installed the WHIM.  As of to date the stuff just seem to work.

*HD Sena paired via BT iPhone
*HD Sena paired via BT to GTS Boom
*Iphone paired via BT to GTS Boom
*Iphone plugged in Booms usb (makes Carplay available)

Seems like a lot of pairing going on but like I said, when I hop on the bike whether I have my headset or not, Iphone plugged in or not, so far it does what its suppose to due.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2020, 07:20:45 PM »

I can only speak to my experience.  When I installed the GTS on my 15 SG, out of the box, before having it flashed, when I plugged my iPhone into the usb, Carplay would come up.  With a plugged in headset in I could use the Boom or Siri speech commands.

What I didn't try, Is what would happen if I had my Sena paired to the iPhone while plugged into the Boom usb.

I'm very impressed with the functionality of the Boom GTS. I have since installed the WHIM.  As of to date the stuff just seem to work.

*HD Sena paired via BT iPhone
*HD Sena paired via BT to GTS Boom
*Iphone paired via BT to GTS Boom
*Iphone plugged in Booms usb (makes Carplay available)

Seems like a lot of pairing going on but like I said, when I hop on the bike whether I have my headset or not, Iphone plugged in or not, so far it does what its suppose to due.
Don’t you know there should be social distancing? 10 feet apart! too much pairing going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2020, 11:04:24 PM »

Don’t you know there should be social distancing? 10 feet apart! too much pairing going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven’t you heard of herd immunity?

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2020, 09:51:07 PM »

Think I found a glitch in the latest software update.

Even though I have the headset Sidetone disabled on my Harley 30K headset. Sometimes it still lets me hear my own voice.
This has happened only since the last update was installed.

Anyone else notice it?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.