Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Stock mufflers with TD's  (Read 2471 times)

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
Re: Stock mufflers with TD's
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 09:46:36 AM »

Clyde,

I think GC Super ran the Fulsac conversion on his 06 Ultra for a while.   As I remember, he took them off because he did not like the sound. I had the SERT installed on Frday, without a dynotune.  They put in a HD map.  Seems to run smoother and definately less heat.  As I had earlier not as much sound out of the stock mufflers as I would have hoped.  I am going to the Hill Country this weekend putting on about 1000 miles.  I am not looking for RH loudness, have two sets on other bikes, just something louder than stock.

Have dealt with Fulsac before.  My sales guy at the dealership, gave me a set of UCSE take off mufflers that a guy did not want.  I may send them to Fulsac and get the conversion done.

It took about four changes and dollars before I finally went with the RH on my 05 SEEG.

It never ends.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 01:59:36 PM »

Clyde,

I think GC Super ran the Fulsac conversion on his 06 Ultra for a while.   As I remember, he took them off because he did not like the sound. I had the SERT installed on Frday, without a dynotune.  They put in a HD map.  Seems to run smoother and definately less heat.  As I had earlier not as much sound out of the stock mufflers as I would have hoped.  I am going to the Hill Country this weekend putting on about 1000 miles.  I am not looking for RH loudness, have two sets on other bikes, just something louder than stock.

Have dealt with Fulsac before.  My sales guy at the dealership, gave me a set of UCSE take off mufflers that a guy did not want.  I may send them to Fulsac and get the conversion done.

It took about four changes and dollars before I finally went with the RH on my 05 SEEG.

It never ends.

john
Johnny,
Actually, I did like the sound, but there was too much of it. Loudness wise, they ( fullsacs ) were about the same as V&H and Bassanni slip ons. Steve had led me to believe that they would be quieter due to the CVO muffler cannister being larger with some built in insulation. Bottom line is, it's still an open 2" baffle. They do look good though.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 09:21:36 AM »

GC,

I used the Fullsac true dual conversion on my 05 SEEG.  For mufflers, I gutted the stock mufflers using the Kerker baffles that has been talked about on this site.  Used both the 12" and 18".  The 12"  was way too much sound.  The 18" had a popping sound that I could not get past.  As I have said, finally, bought a set of RH true duals.  They are not the loudest, but IMHO, they have the best sound and for me, produced good power.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.