Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rinehart vs SE 98b slipons  (Read 1634 times)

candybrandy-rk

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Rinehart vs SE 98b slipons
« on: April 29, 2007, 10:53:27 PM »

Ok guys, I am sure this comparison has been done somewhere here before but I cant find it.I have a 2002 SERK with the screamin eagle slipons. I am considering rinehart true duals. My two dealers nearest me with dynos say stay away from rineharts. They claim they dont make any torque down low where a bagger needs it most. I love the looks of the rineharts. How do you all think they compare both sound and performance wise. I have a mikuni pat baffle in the right side so It is a lot louder than standard.(and I dont mind loud) Also the bike with this setup does not seem to have a great sound at idle. Any feedback is appreciated!! Thanks
2002 candy brandywine.power commander III.arlen ness big sucker.thunder cones

Blackdog

• Long Live The King!
Re: Rinehart vs SE 98b slipons
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 01:21:36 PM »

I also ride a 02 FLHRSEI (power commander). I swapped the SE slipons for the Rineharts. Yes, you will loose torque on the low end (noticable). However, overall torque and HP increase and remain higher for the entire power band. To componsate just downshift to get the revs a little higher and the torque will be there.

Having said that I think they are one of the best sounding pipes you can put on a bagger. I also like the look without the crossover tube. Would I do it again? In a heart beat. I have the before and after dyno sheets at home and I'll post them if you like.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »

Ok guys, I am sure this comparison has been done somewhere here before but I cant find it.I have a 2002 SERK with the screamin eagle slipons. I am considering rinehart true duals. My two dealers nearest me with dynos say stay away from rineharts. They claim they dont make any torque down low where a bagger needs it most. I love the looks of the rineharts. How do you all think they compare both sound and performance wise. I have a mikuni pat baffle in the right side so It is a lot louder than standard.(and I dont mind loud) Also the bike with this setup does not seem to have a great sound at idle. Any feedback is appreciated!! Thanks

Installed Rinehart true duals on my 02 RK Classic & on the 07 SEULT.  In my opinion they sound better & look better than anything else on the market for the FL series.  Torque & HP increased substantially on both bikes & I am very happy with the results.  Added a stage 1 breather & SERT to both also - same time.

For pure HP/Torque nothing beats a 2-in-1 exhaust system, but I prefer the look of the true duals.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 02:26:21 PM »

My 03 SERK is stock with a SERT, SE Breather kit and Reinhart True duals. My 07 Road Glide has been bumped up to a 103 using a bunch of Screamin Eagle parts including the performance heads. Doherty Power Pacc, a SERT and SE257 cams That bike has stock headpipes with 65115-98B slip-ons. The 07 puts out better TQ and HP due to the heads and the cams. I s'pose adding Reinharts would improve it somewhat, but it runs fine and I like the sound of these pipes. Also, at the time I did the 103 upgrade, Reinhart had not come out with pipes to fit the 07. I might have put the Reinharts on it had they been available, but I am not unhappy with it the way it is. On the other hand, the 03 SERK with the Reinharts has a sound that is music to my ears. I love crusin along listening to this bike purr. So I guess the answer to your question is that in my opinion either way you go is good and it's a matter of budget, which one you like the sound of better and what you're looking for performance wise.

B B

hwyfever

• Full CVO Member
  • Stopped Living Vicariously

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 04:21:35 PM »

Have you heard this one before ::)  "I guess it depends on the bike and kind of riding you will be doing". 

I installed Rinehart TDs on my 2005 SEEG with SERT tuned 103" motor.  My experience is the long-stroke 103" motor more than makes up for any lost torque that might occur at the lower RPM range (1K - 2,500).  Where the Rinehart TDs really shine over the other systems I've tried, and is where I feel baggers needs it most, is in the 2.5K to 5K+ rpm range.  This is the range where passing vehicles @ hwy speeds or going up a long grade becomes quite noticeable.  This is where the Rinehart exhaust system come alive. 

I'm not saying your dealers are wrong...  I'm not familiar with Rinehart TDs on standard displacement or even big-bore engines, and any loss of torque at low rpm might be an issue here...  Regardless of displacement you must use a SERT or other tuning device to realize the performance gains in the upper RPM range.  Before my SERT the Rinehart's at higher RPM were just OK... 

I have some recent real world experience...  I replaced my Rinehart TDs for SPO mufflers/V&H TDs before a ride last weekend to Laughlin for the Annual River Run.  This is about 900 mile round trip test.  The results confirmed the loss of higher rpm performance that is quite apparent based on my SOTP dynometer testing.  There was a noteable drop off in the 2.5k - 4.5k rpm range and I found myself downshifting much more often with the SPO/V&H compared to the Rinehart.  Any difference at the lower range RPM was negligible, where I think the stepped headpipe design has less impact.  Again, this is SOTP and your results may very...  :) 

I'm keeping the SPOs cause I love the sound, but the cost is less roll-on performance at the higher rpm range.   Everyone has to have their sweet spot...    ;)    
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 06:45:11 PM by hwyfever »
HD Hyd Cam Plate Conversion, Zippers Red Shift 575, SE Adjustable Push Rods
SE Race Tuner, Zippers Highflow Air Cleaner, S&S True Duals, Bub Stealth 7,
Progressive Monotube Cartridge Forks, Progressive 940 shocks

What I fear most when I die is my wife selling my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 07:56:43 PM »

TD's is the way to go! Make sure you have a good tech to tune your bike. I have RH on both my bikes, 2005 fl and a 2007 SERK. Sound great, run great, lots of usable mid-range torque.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

candybrandy-rk

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 09:55:07 AM »

Excellent feedback guys, Blackdog- if you could post those dyno # for comparison that would be great. Thanks to all

Blackdog

• Long Live The King!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 08:24:36 PM »

SE slipons.

Blackdog

• Long Live The King!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 08:25:24 PM »

Rineharts.

candybrandy-rk

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 10:39:59 PM »

Hey Blackdog, thanks for the comparisons- looks like a nice increase

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.