Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: V&H Fueler or Race Tuner?  (Read 2081 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
V&H Fueler or Race Tuner?
« on: May 03, 2007, 12:40:28 PM »

From a previous thread - What's the difference between a Fueler and a Race Tuner, do they do the same job?

Rhino had convinced me to go for the Zippers TMAT, went down to the dealership yesterday, they had never heard of Zippers and will only fit the V&H fueler - what the hell is one of those - has anyone got one and do they work. 

The Tech stated there isn't a problem with the 110 overheating (I didn't dare share this website with him) because the MoCo have designed the engine with built in sensors which spray oil over the inside of the engine to cool it when hot and not many people know this - his words not mine.

Comments gentlemen please.....

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: V&H Fueler or Race Tuner?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 01:34:13 PM »

From a previous thread - What's the difference between a Fueler and a Race Tuner, do they do the same job?

Rhino had convinced me to go for the Zippers TMAT, went down to the dealership yesterday, they had never heard of Zippers and will only fit the V&H fueler - what the hell is one of those - has anyone got one and do they work. 

The Tech stated there isn't a problem with the 110 overheating (I didn't dare share this website with him) because the MoCo have designed the engine with built in sensors which spray oil over the inside of the engine to cool it when hot and not many people know this - his words not mine.

Run, don't walk. Run away and find yourself another tech. There just isn't any reason to crack this oyster open any further. If this is what he is telling you, run.

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 11:03:53 AM »

i am no expert, but if i am not mistaken, the fueler only allows you to add fuel at broad rpm ranges.
the sert alllows you to add and remove fuel throughout all the rpm ranges as well as make timing and ignition changes.
the fueler does not allow you to map the bike.
what you do depends on what exactly you are looking to get out of it.
if you just want a little increased performance with an air cleaner and pipe setup, then the fueler should do the job.
if you want maximum performance, then you need a good tuning device. IE: the power commander or the race tuner.
i don't know what the cost of the fueler is, but if it close to the pc, then i would get the pc.
jmho.
                                                                                     lou

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 11:33:25 AM »

Couple of things, the dealer won't know, or admit to knowing about the TM W/AT. They usually only work with the SERT, or maybe the PCII. I don't know what Tech gave you that bull, but if he's at the same dealership you asked about the TM, I'd never take my bike back there!!!! I was going to go with the SERT, but with lack of what I consider to be a GOOD tuner in the area, and the dyno cost, it's about a wash between the SERT W/Dyno time, and the TM W/AT. The only other thing I need to do for the TM, is get the bungs for the O2 sensors welded to the pipes. With the TM, you won't need the dealer, at least for tuning! As for other problems, unless it's under warranty, I try not to go to a dealer, find a good independent, you'll save $$$$$!

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 01:21:27 PM »

Thanks for this fellas.. I really do believe that here in England the Tech staff unfortuately don't have the knowledge nor expertise working with ecm and the only map they found which worked with V&H pipes was with the fueler.    The other dealership I spoke with had heard of the PC but neither had even heard of Zippers.
I'm feel I'm on a hiding to nothing - I'll probably leave it as stock for a 1000mile, see how it runs and take it from there.  The downside is I need the 2 year warranty...

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 11:06:37 AM »

Smiler, Don't worry about the V&H Fuel pak as long as they have a tuning configeration for your bike it will run just fine.My Ultra with a $180.00 Fuel Pak runs just as good as a friends does with a power commander, Plus I can remove it in about 10 min if the bike has to go back to the dealer for service.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 11:22:50 AM »

Smiler, Don't worry about the V&H Fuel pak as long as they have a tuning configeration for your bike it will run just fine.My Ultra with a $180.00 Fuel Pak runs just as good as a friends does with a power commander, Plus I can remove it in about 10 min if the bike has to go back to the dealer for service.

Hey Dartman - How many miles you clocked now and what mods did you go with.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »

Im approaching the 5000 mi mark, I put on a Set of SE touring Performance mufflers and the Fuel Pak, I don't plan on raceing anybody just wanted a little better drivability and less heat, accomplished both, bike in stock form pulls like a freight train im very pleased so far.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 12:30:24 PM »

Im approaching the 5000 mi mark, I put on a Set of SE touring Performance mufflers and the Fuel Pak, I don't plan on raceing anybody just wanted a little better drivability and less heat, accomplished both, bike in stock form pulls like a freight train im very pleased so far.

Not sure if  can lay my hands on a set of SE Perf mufflers - do you have the part number..

We are of the same opinions my friend,  the longer in the saddle the better and if I can enjoy what's around me all the better.
Ride safe.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 07:41:30 PM »

SCREAMIN EAGLE STREET PERFORMANCE TOURING MUFFLERS

HARLEY SCREAMIN EAGLE #64985-07

Actually the stock 110 SE Mufflers are identical with the CAT Convertors removed, Pumba has a thread on removal, that sounds simple enough.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.