Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reinhart True Duals riders adjustable backrest handle (will it fit)  (Read 1096 times)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

I just picked up my 03 SERK and  the handle had been removed for the adjustable backrest. The prevouis owner just said that he did not have it but the mounting bolt was still there.

He did not remember if when HD installed the true duals back in 03 if they left the handle off because of the curved exhaust pipe is right there. I would buy a new handle and cable if I new that if would fit.

So does anyone who has the Reinhart True Duals in there 03 SERK still retain the backrest adjustment handle?

Nobody I have spoken with seems to know for sure.

TIA,
JOhn
JR

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed

I just picked up my 03 SERK and  the handle had been removed for the adjustable backrest. The prevouis owner just said that he did not have it but the mounting bolt was still there.

He did not remember if when HD installed the true duals back in 03 if they left the handle off because of the curved exhaust pipe is right there. I would buy a new handle and cable if I new that if would fit.

So does anyone who has the Reinhart True Duals in there 03 SERK still retain the backrest adjustment handle?

Nobody I have spoken with seems to know for sure.

TIA,

JOhn

No issue with each of the pieces together

Think someone is telling you some type of story on this one  :nixweiss:
I used to own a 2003 SERK and had that same exhaust on my scoot and used the backrest all the time

jeffj

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon

CVOJoe has his on and it works fine

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!

Mine has Rineharts, and the adjustable backrest/handle.  Both work fine...no fitment issues at all.  Somebody either don't know, or they are BS'ing you.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

Mine has Rineharts, and the adjustable backrest/handle.  Both work fine...no fitment issues at all.  Somebody either don't know, or they are BS'ing you.

Thanks all,
BTW the story was prior to me buying the bike was that the cable had broke so when I saw that the handle was missing I did not worry as HD does not sell the cable sepratly you have to buy the handle with it.

I'm not complaining as the bike only had 740 original miles on it
JR

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.