Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I hav question  (Read 1631 times)

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member
I hav question
« on: June 10, 2007, 10:21:15 AM »

Hello all...
As you can tell I have been around for a long time. I'm not much for writing, but I read here all the time and have gained some very valuable information as well as great entertained . Thanks.
I have a question that has prolly been covered before but my CRS is flaring up lately, so here is my question. I have a Flhrsei2 I installed Rinehart true duals when new,with all the other stuff that goes with. I know many have said to watch for the rear pipe to crack at the bracket, well it just did. It now sounds like crap. So I tried calling Bubs yesterday but they are closed on Saturdays. Do you think they will replace the one pipe, or at least sell me just the rear header pipe?

Also I know there are some great new pipes out since 2003 you think I should consider changing? I love everything about the Rineharts, and get about 103hp/105tq. I had lot of dyno time and had no dip at low rpm.

So what do ya'll think replace with something new or see if I can get a new header from them...
BTW the funds available are not quite what  they used to be.. :(

Thanks
David

Here she is from last year

Oh ya she has about 11000 miles, 5000 of them are prolly wide open throttle ;D

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
Re: I hav question
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 11:40:23 AM »

I recently switched to Rineharts on my 2006 FLHTCUSE and I like them a lot. The customer service at Bub/Rinehart is supposed to be top notch so hopefully they will help you out with your problem......
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 12:39:37 PM »

Thanks for moving this thread I now have my ans...
I guess I should read more of the forum than just the big ones.

I sent an E mail to bubs this morn. so I hope I get the same results as the others on this board.
I would hate to change not to mention the $$$...
 And after reading here I look forward to changing it myself... :o

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 06:32:38 PM »

Hey Barkleydog, what took you so long?  To have your rear Reinhart pipe crack?  They've got a new design/and attachment bracket to up-grade the pipe and hopefully eliminate the problem......a few of us have been thru it from the beginning and so far this latest 'fix' is still working.  Get it fixed and keep running those honkin' "Reinharts"  :huepfenlol2: Har!  spyder    Oh, by the way......great looking '03!   :2vrolijk_21:
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 12:31:27 PM »

Thanks for the compliment spyder...

Just spoke to Linea at Bubs  said pipe should be sent this week from the Wisconsin facility. No questions asked...

It is so nice to deal with a quality company ;D

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 01:18:15 PM »

Just spoke to Linea at Bubs  said pipe should be sent this week from the Wisconsin facility. No questions asked...

that's  great news, BarkleyD......they have actually gotten better with the warrenty process....don't require sending back the broken part or even furnishing a retail invoice anymore.  That kind of service makes you want to recommend them or buy from them again, doesn't it?  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 07:03:47 PM »

Absolutely!!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 07:41:22 PM »

Now that is what I call customer service.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 03:53:37 AM »

Just want to say, Nice Ride. Must be a neck breaker on the road. To think of all the broken bones you leave behind....Very Nice.

Kona76
Mike K.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 08:52:43 AM »

My experience with Bub re: Rineharts is exactly the same as yours. 

The install is not that difficult, but their instruction sheet is not exactly helpful.  The new bracket is a big improvement.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 08:27:12 AM »

Just want to say, Nice Ride. Must be a neck breaker on the road. To think of all the broken bones you leave behind....Very Nice.

Kona76
Mike K.

Thanks Kona I have thoroughly enjoyed this bike since day one.  Haven't seen too many snapped necks but I have seen a few neighbors cover their ears as I approach...LOL

So, I just wanted to say that I called Bubs on Monday and received the pipe on Friday...Once again I just want to say what great customer service I have received from BUB.

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.